TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

RCT2 [Brighton Point]

This time, I am doing a time line for real! I promise!

The year is 1986. Stan Brighton has just married the woman of his dreams, Suzy Brighton.

They share a dream. Their dream is to open an amusement park, and own it until the day they die.

Stan has found a 213 acre plot of land to build on. Stan was very rich, so it was easily affordable.

1031843734_Screenshot(3).png.f154d506973c45f92d714e25088074bc.png

Their new amusement park will sit on this land.

They plan to open the gates to *Brighton Point* with two roller coasters, 3 family rides, and 4 thrill rides. They also plan to add something new every year.

Construction went by fairly quickly, only taking them 8 months in total. They didn't open with quite what they wanted, but it was a start.

887545107_Screenshot(10).png.c57cbb094a0ddb319af275c0ec882320.png

Amusement Park overview

Some minor park adjustments were made, including switching some stalls and making the paths more efficient. If only they'd done this earlier in the season... On another note, I see a clearing in the grass appearing. Predictions, anyone?

198807499_Screenshot(12).png.20d1ae04f71faec81b19539edc7afe59.png

Hmm.. that's quite a big space. :p

~~~~~~~~~~

Boy am I excited to actually do this now. I have received suggestions and tips so now I know how to really do it. I apologize for my last failed attempts.

Edited by Mikxy

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly suggest you read the Games Forum Posting Rules! before posting on the Theme Park Review forums.

4.) Guidelines for thread content. There has been some confusion as to how much content should be included in a new thread or an update post. To that end, let us clarify -

To post a new project thread or provide an update warranting a bump to an old one, you must include three pieces of media, such as three in-game screenshots.

If you are working on something and only want to show one or two images, please use the appropriate "Preview Thread".

RCT and RCT2 Projects Preview Thread

RCT3 Projects Preview Thread

NoLimits and NoLimits 2 Projects Preview Thread

Other Projects Preview Thread (K'nex, Inventor, etc)

For those of you who are forum veterans, this is a change. We made this change so that great projects aren't lost in the hodgepodge that is the original Preview Thread. This way, creators from each game can get much more focused coverage for their projects.

So, in short - less than two images, find the preview thread. Three or more, start a new thread or update your old one.

Example: Occasionally, I will have made a really small and detailed area in my RCT2 game, but I want to showcase it in my own "work" thread. What do I do? I would take three screenshots of the area, each at different rotation angles. Then, I would crop them down to a small resolution such as 640x480, and black out the areas I don't want people to see. That way, I can show off my small area from all angles, and still have three good screenshots to update my thread with.

I understand you are eager and want to showcase your work. Just adhere to the rules before you run into trouble with the Theme Park Review moderators.

I highly suggest you read the Games Forum Posting Rules! before posting on the Theme Park Review forums.
4.) Guidelines for thread content. There has been some confusion as to how much content should be included in a new thread or an update post. To that end, let us clarify -

To post a new project thread or provide an update warranting a bump to an old one, you must include three pieces of media, such as three in-game screenshots.

If you are working on something and only want to show one or two images, please use the appropriate "Preview Thread".

RCT and RCT2 Projects Preview Thread

RCT3 Projects Preview Thread

NoLimits and NoLimits 2 Projects Preview Thread

Other Projects Preview Thread (K'nex, Inventor, etc)

For those of you who are forum veterans, this is a change. We made this change so that great projects aren't lost in the hodgepodge that is the original Preview Thread. This way, creators from each game can get much more focused coverage for their projects.

So, in short - less than two images, find the preview thread. Three or more, start a new thread or update your old one.

Example: Occasionally, I will have made a really small and detailed area in my RCT2 game, but I want to showcase it in my own "work" thread. What do I do? I would take three screenshots of the area, each at different rotation angles. Then, I would crop them down to a small resolution such as 640x480, and black out the areas I don't want people to see. That way, I can show off my small area from all angles, and still have three good screenshots to update my thread with.

I understand you are eager and want to showcase your work. Just adhere to the rules before you run into trouble with the Theme Park Review moderators.

I don't know how to crop the pictures down, and thank you so much for the advice!

^There are various websites online that have cropping abilities. You just need to upload your file, do your editing then downloaded the newly edited photo.

You can also use Paint to crop photos by using the selection tool and bringing it around the section you want to keep and then clicking crop at the top.

^There are various websites online that have cropping abilities. You just need to upload your file, do your editing then downloaded the newly edited photo.

You can also use Paint to crop photos by using the selection tool and bringing it around the section you want to keep and then clicking crop at the top.

I crop them in my photo editor that came with my laptop.

New for the 1987 season; Cardinal- an 85 foot tall Arrow Dynamics custom looper. It charges through 2 vertical loops and 3 corkscrews at a top speed of 50 mph!

1655163382_Screenshot(23).png.756e1aeadd702923ab198685ac5b1b79.png

Cardinal's twisted layout.

Also new for the 1987 season, a Larson SuperLoop titled Super Looper. It was a hit as soon as it opened! Riders undergo a thrilling looping ride.

447948785_Screenshot(22).png.43e3b9845854b32da39cb7ad4389c9b7.png

Super Looper, feautured here, rockets riders back and forth through a looping thrill ride.

And the last update for the 1987 season, the ferris wheel got a repaint, it is now all white.

1788345208_Screenshot(24).png.ea369ca77b89504304ce8a6dc85e6300.png

The ferris wheel is now completely white.

Very Nice So Far! But that Arrow looks like a Vekoma MK like Ninja from SFOG! But my favorite is the Wooden Coaster whatever its name is!

That wooden coaster is called Scream Dream!

In 1988, nothing major happened, they were really just saving up for some new rides. Those rides, turned out to be a complete success!

1989 brought some modern changes to the park!

First off, the park received a new go kart track. Very modern and new and popular! Along side that particular go kart track is a brand new 'Round Up' model named Tornado!

983147528_Screenshot(39).png.baef6619db7a4f72a72494b90153f9e8.png

Riders on Tornado will undergo a twisting and turning sensation, then be lifted into the air at 50 degrees! That sure is steep! They will continue to twist and turn while they are being pinned to their seats by centrifugal force!

The go karts go around and around the winding track until one claims victory as the first place winner on SpeedWay 500!

And lastly for the 1989 additions is a Vekoma Boomerang model! The seventh of it's kind in the U.S! Although there are many clones this ride will satisfy thrill seekers and park goers.

424896160_Screenshot(41).png.37c64dcca039430066d91c43e2ff17b2.png

Riders riding Forest Flip will be lifted backwards out of the station on a steep lift hill. They do not know when they will start the journey of Forest Flip. Anticipating that drop? Well enjoy the view while you can, because when it's over, you'll be sent through 6 inversions. Three forwards, three backwards at 50 mph!

I NEED HELP! :C

In my latest park, brighton point, I have a custom ride from amazing earl, now whenever I try and open the saved game it says file contains invalid data. I'm working really hard on the park and making it a timeline that is like super important to me. Could anyone help? I also have the son of beast trainer but only used It a couple times a while ago...

Some amazing earl rides dont export with saved games, your going to have to re download the ride from his website or another source and place it in your ObjectData folder located in the RCT2 program files.

I did that and it still isn't opening. :c

Did you also delete the original imported ride file?

I'll try that!

Okay so I did that to the 3 amazing earl rides in the saved game.

Any more things I could try? :/