TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Anticipated Coasters For 2016

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me there is 4 I'm looking forward to in 2016, first and foremost would be Storm Rider at Kentucky Kingdom. After riding Medusa Steel Coaster in Mexico and it becoming my favorite RMC hybrid I see a lot of the same with Storm Rider plus that inverting first drop is simply AMAZING. I think next would be Lightning Rod at Dollywood, it looks like a great layout that will use the surrounding terrain to its advantage. With Tatsu at Magic Mountain being in my top 5 steel coasters I am really excited about Flying Dinasaur at Universal Studios Japan, taller longer and faster than Tatsu has me really excited. My sleeper pick would be the new Ghost Rider at Knotts Berry Farm, I think that GCI will make this coaster great again and looking at pictures of the rebuild they are making the right adjustments to the new track and support structure to make this coaster scream again.

Normally, I'd say Revolution--just for the nostalgia factor, as it was the first big roller coaster I ever rode, back when it had just a lap bar--but since a trip to Cedar Point is likely happening next year, I'm most looking forward to Valravn. I've only ever been on one dive coaster (Griffon) and I loved it.

Valravn, mainly because that is the only major new ride from a park I will visit. They could have done a just a bit more theming, though I will be going back to Hersheypark, so at least I get to try out Laff Trakk!

Edited by PixelRush

Mako at SeaWorld Orlando. Reason is I live in Florida so this ride I will be riding a lot and, this is HUGE!!!!, this will be the biggest coaster in Florida. Equal in height to Sheikra, but also Florida's longest coaster and first big out and back steel coaster that's not about many inversions. Us Floridians are very excited about the news of Mako! I bet all the Florida visitors are too!

• 2 months later...

I'm super pumped to be going to ride Storm Chaser this summer!! In terms of rides I probably won't get to, Lightning Rod and Joker are my most anticipated.

As my avatar would suggest, Monster at Adventureland is still my most anticipated. There is a good chance now that I may get to ride Storm Chaser and Valravn this year also, but even still, Monster is a first of its kind in the US, whereas the other two are not. Monster is criminally underanticipated in my opinion.

I avoided posting in this thread to hold off and see what is actually getting installed this year. Being realistic I have no set travel plans for 2016 at the moment and the parks I do hope to get to aren't getting anything this year (BGT, BGW, SFOG, SFNE, and Kings Dominion). So I know I'm definitely only going to ride 2 new coasters this year- Total Mayhem and Gale Force, maybe the 2 others Castaway Cove is building. ToteMay I fear I will ride once and probably not like it but I know I have to ride it first to know for sure, and its nice to be finally getting an actual new coaster this year at a park close to home. However, Gale Force looks incredible and will have me in Ocean City likely much more often than I go now.

Its a dry town - can you blame me?

Also while its not new for 2016, I hope to finally get up to SFNE for some Wicked Cyclone, my first RMC.

I find myself also interested in Taron, Flying Aces, Lightning Rod, Storm Chaser, Joker, Wildfire, Mako, Valravn, and those crazy Intamins in China. I probably won't ride any of them but they all look really cool and I can't wait to hear some reviews/see some POVs.

I avoided posting in this thread to hold off and see what is actually getting installed this year. Being realistic I have no set travel plans for 2016 at the moment and the parks I do hope to get to aren't getting anything this year (BGT, BGW, SFOG, SFNE, and Kings Dominion). So I know I'm definitely only going to ride 2 new coasters this year- Total Mayhem and Gale Force, maybe the 2 others Castaway Cove is building. ToteMay I fear I will ride once and probably not like it but I know I have to ride it first to know for sure, and its nice to be finally getting an actual new coaster this year at a park close to home. However, Gale Force looks incredible and will have me in Ocean City likely much more often than I go now.

Its a dry town - can you blame me?

Also while its not new for 2016, I hope to finally get up to SFNE for some Wicked Cyclone, my first RMC.

I find myself also interested in Taron, Flying Aces, Lightning Rod, Storm Chaser, Joker, Wildfire, Mako, Valravn, and those crazy Intamins in China. I probably won't ride any of them but they all look really cool and I can't wait to hear some reviews/see some POVs.

BGT is getting Cobra's Curse.

Lightning Rod mainly because it may be the only new one I get to ride this year. It will be my first RMC

And while I'll probably never get to ride them, I absolutely can't wait to see Taron and Raik once they''re completed.