TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Anticipated Coasters For 2016

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far from what has been announced and what seems likely at the moment:

CP Dive Coaster/Valravn - I love Griffon and am happy that I'll have one only an hour from me.

Monster - Been wanting to go to Adventureland for a long time and next year will be a good chance to visit. I can't help but be excited for this ride,

Storm Chaser - I wanted to wait to see what KK had in store for the former Twisted Twins before venturing to the park and now it will make a Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom and Holiday World trip one of the most thrilling mini-vacations next year.

Really look forward to hearing more announcements within the next month.

Of course I'm a little biased, but I am DEFINITELY excited about the developing "theme park war" here in the UAE.

Personally....I can think of no less than a dozen new coasters opening in 2016 in the Dubai/Abu Dhabi region.

It's going to be one heck of an exciting year here in the UAE!

I doubt Great Adventure is getting an S&S for a few reasons. First, there is no actual reasonable hints really besides Fort Independence being a good fit for a ride like that. Have we seen a newspaper article saying Great Adventure is interested in something like that? Have we seen track show up at the park? That's what I thought. Second, the fenced off area at Great Adventure for the 2016 attraction is WAY bigger than what an S&S could hold. And a doubt the queue line for the ride would extend that whole area. I'm predicting a bigger better coaster for 2016, and so far, the plot of land is telling me that will probably (and hopefully) happen.

I doubt Great Adventure is getting an S&S for a few reasons. First, there is no actual reasonable hints really besides Fort Independence being a good fit for a ride like that. Have we seen a newspaper article saying Great Adventure is interested in something like that? Have we seen track show up at the park? That's what I thought. Second, the fenced off area at Great Adventure for the 2016 attraction is WAY bigger than what an S&S could hold. And a doubt the queue line for the ride would extend that whole area. I'm predicting a bigger better coaster for 2016, and so far, the plot of land is telling me that will probably (and hopefully) happen.

Yeah I'm thinking Gradv might just have a surprise up their sleeves. Because even a bigger version of the free spin 4d wouldnt require such a huge land clearing, they could plop that down essentially anywhere in that huge park. My guess is something big, maybe a B&M or possibly a 4D like X2 since S&S owns the technology to that.

Yeah I'm thinking Gradv might just have a surprise up their sleeves. Because even a bigger version of the free spin 4d wouldnt require such a huge land clearing, they could plop that down essentially anywhere in that huge park. My guess is something big, maybe a B&M or possibly a 4D like X2 since S&S owns the technology to that.

I know people speculated that the new GAdv coaster might be called that "Total Mayhem" name, assuming it's the S&S Free Spin. But I have been suspecting for a while now that they would receive the marquee addition for the chain in 2016, and that it would be big. When I read somewhere that the name "Titan" had been trademarked again (or something along those lines) I immediately suspected that this would be the name of whatever GAdv was getting. I guess we'll know in less than a month!

Obviously I'm interested in whatever Great Adventure is getting (fingers crossed for a BIGGER Full Throttle clone in front of the lake), but I think at this point since its so close to me and looks so cool my answer is Gale Force @ Playland (Ocean City). Also curious to know what other parks near me have up their sleeve - Hershey, Dorney, SFA, Morey's, etc. Not expecting coasters for those but you never know...

So for now, I would have to say "Shot Rod" at Dollywood is my most anticipated 2016 coaster, especially if it turns out to be everything it's rumored to be!

This all could change depending on what Cedar Point announces, or any other surprise announcements (Michigan's Adventure, for instance!), but I suspect it'll be hard to top what "Shot Rod" is shaping up to be!

This was my post in this thread on July 15... Nailed it!

I honestly can't imagine anything SF is going to announce will top Lightning Rod, and assuming all this Valravn stuff is correct, that doesn't top it. So, yeah... I'll stick with my initial gut feeling and go with Dollywood's forthcoming gem!