TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Custom Coasters International in retrospect

Of all the ones that have been demolished, I'd say the only one that was really decent was Villain at Geauga Lake. Mega Zeph was "good" but I just found it pretty rough for a fairly new coaster. It was certainly better than Hurricane, Medusa, or Twisted Twins!

Huh... funny how ALL of the ones that have been torn down or re-done all had Gerstlauer trains...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all the ones that have been demolished, I'd say the only one that was really decent was Villain at Geauga Lake. Mega Zeph was "good" but I just found it pretty rough for a fairly new coaster. It was certainly better than Hurricane, Medusa, or Twisted Twins!

Huh... funny how ALL of the ones that have been torn down or re-done all had Gerstlauer trains...

If that trend continues I could certainly see Boss at SFSTL next on the chopping block.

I miss Villain a lot. I didn't think the Gerstlauers were all that bad on it and on the plus side there were no seat dividers like on PTC's. I'm sure PTC's would have beaten up the track more and I can't imagine how the trick track after the second drop would have been in one of those trains, especially since the ride did deteriorate a bit in the following years after opening.

All of a sudden I'm taken back to my final ride on it on the very last day in September 2007. It was running great that day.

As for the Boss some of the turns were a bit much in those Gersts but I didn't think it was as bad as some have made it out to be. Maybe I had caught it on a good day.

I haven't been on a GCI in a while...it'll change when I ride SF StL's on Monday. CCI's have always been high in my mind, but I have only encountered a few rough ones. My last trip to Dollywood (2012) Thunderhead was running fantastic in the rain it really surprised me because the visit before in '09 it was very meh.

The two that are exceptional to me are Raven at Holiday World, Cornball Express at Indiana Beach, and Cyclops at Mt. Olympus (which is shocking it's still riding so well). Both Cornball and Cyclops I felt like I was standing the whole ride. Cornball is still one of the best coasters I've been on. Buzz bars do the trick! Raven is wild and fantastic. You could also say Legend pushes the limits. It tries to break you over the seat divider. Zeus was awful. Right there with Hurler at Carowinds and Son of Beast. Absolutely just..painful.

I would take the crazy laterals, abrupt air, and unique layouts of the CCI's over GCI's.

^ I would be ok with that!

RMC!!!

The park directors and president have said many times every year that they would not be able to RMC the Boss to the extent they wanted. A lot of the layout have have to be chopped and the terrian would also prove another speed problem. Its unfortunately, but it wont be a surprise when Iron Boss isnt on the announcements tomorrow.

Namely, they want that 540 ending and first drop double down.