TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Overrated Parks

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Columbus ohio about hour and a half to kings island and 2 and a half to cedar point. I get cedar fairs pass for the last few years. since i know im going to be going to cedar point alot. I pick to go to cedar point over kings island. I want to kings island this years just to ride db. i also want to a few other parks this year, and just keep telling my self how much i love cedar point once the day is over. People can say its over rated but to me it puts a smill on my face and know i can go and get a thrill that some parks can lack to me

^^In my opinion, it's quite easy to say it's the best park that I've been to.

And if you think that all Cedar Point consists of is a bunch of coasters, you either didn't spend enough time there, or are lying to yourself.

^But coasters are definitely the focus to the exclusion of many other things. Nobody goes there for the theming, great food, dark rides, etc.

Call it what you want. It's not an exceptionally well-balanced park like, say, Europa Park.

Why would you go to SFMM or SFGADV: the flats, shows, atmospheres? Doubt it! If Europa was in US do you really think more people would be drawn there over CP? Im not so sure. They do have Blue fire which is a Mavericky kinda coaster, but do they have a MF, Raptor, Mantis, TTD, Wicked Twister, Magnum, Gemini, and numerous thrilling flats to back it up? Absolutely not. The point being, again, you don't have to put CP as your #1 but don't lie to yourself and say its not up there with the best.

^But coasters are definitely the focus to the exclusion of many other things. Nobody goes there for the theming, great food, dark rides, etc.

Call it what you want. It's not an exceptionally well-balanced park like, say, Europa Park.

Why would you go to SFMM or SFGADV: the flats, shows, atmospheres? Doubt it! If Europa was in US do you really think more people would be drawn there over CP? Im not so sure. They do have Blue fire which is a Mavericky kinda coaster, but do they have a MF, Raptor, Mantis, TTD, Wicked Twister, Magnum, Gemini, and numerous thrilling flats to back it up? Absolutely not. The point being, again, you don't have to put CP as your #1 but don't lie to yourself and say its not up there with the best.

And how, exactly, is Joe "lying" to himself? Simply by not valuing Cedar Point as highly as you do?

Joe has stated his case quite reasonably, but you have responded obnoxiously.

This is a warning--cool off.

^really

I think I stated my case just fine. I guess since you know him personally its okay to give "me" the warning. I am trying to remain objective as I am a former SFMM fan. I don't know why, what I say, is any different than what others do. I guess I will just be quiet. I am far from a CP fan boy as I have not been there in 2 years. Yet, I have been to your home park(BGE), SFGADV, Sea World Orlando, SFOT, and Dollywood in the last year. I have only stated my beliefs. I will say it now and I will always say, CP gets a bad wrap from people here. Just being honest.

I think Thorpe Park is slightly overhyped... Sure it has Colossus, but have you ridden it lately? People come off with bruises on their necks and in one case, I've seen someone come off with a bleeding ear!

X:\WTF? No explaination needed.

Once legendary, now crappy rapids ride that seems to make you drier rather than wetter...

Slammer never seems to change pace. The first time's a real kick, but afterwards, it's not that great...

Nemesis Inferno. Am I the only one to say that it feels like any normal B&M ride? No matter how many times I ride it, it always feels like I've ridden it at another park...

It seems the only real reason to go to Thorpe is for the halloween celebrations and Stealth...

Yeah I think Thorpe park is over hyped, I found Nemesis Inferno a bit dull although it looks nice from the ground, I didn’t really think Saw was anything special Colossus was ok X:\No Way Out is utterly pointless and the Rapids have a good way of keeping you dry. The only 2 rides I really enjoyed there were Tidal Wave and Stealth. I also find the waiting times horrible 2 hours for Saw just wasn’t worth it. I went to Blackpool a few weeks later and walked straight onto almost every ride.

^really

I think I stated my case just fine. I guess since you know him personally its okay to give "me" the warning. I am trying to remain objective as I am a former SFMM fan. I don't know why, what I say, is any different than what others do. I guess I will just be quiet. I am far from a CP fan boy as I have not been there in 2 years. Yet, I have been to your home park(BGE), SFGADV, Sea World Orlando, SFOT, and Dollywood in the last year. I have only stated my beliefs. I will say it now and I will always say, CP gets a bad wrap from people here. Just being honest.

And you can be honest without calling individual members out.

And so ends this part of the discussion. Back to over rated parks.

I agree with other people about Thorpe Park. The queue's are horrendus and the park just has a terrible atmosphere. I love thrill rides but I honestly prefer Chessington. In my opinion they really need to stop this "Thrill rides thrill rides thrill rides" philosophy. There isn't really a ride to have a break on ( e.g a dark ride or a decent family coaster) and there's just no green, its just concrete.

I used to love Thorpe, but now I find it a place that's only enjoyable when its quiet.

I would have to say SFMM.

Ride operations are awful, no airtime on any coasters, park filled with So Cal thugs, advertisements on coasters now, absolutely terrible flat ride selection, line jumping everywhere, no family rides, poorly planned coasters built on parking lots with the only intention being to rival CP coaster count, and finally, it's rare that all coasters are even open. I have never been to the park when Deja Vu was open.

Our mom would hate when we went there without adults because of all the trouble. Security was as pitiful as the ride operations. I think maybe instead of adding a new coaster every year they should invest in some better security, flats, and family rides. I used to love this park because of the coasters, but after moving out of california I realized what a dump this place truly is. To be honest, the coasters aren't even that good. Goliath is a snooze fest,Superman is the most overrated ride of all time, while Batman and Scream are nothing more than cheap clones. Tatsu and Riddler are my favorite rides in the park, but other than that there is nothing worth waiting over 15 minutes. I would recommend at least 10 parks over this place. If your coming to America from over seas, I would recommend skipping this place.

PortAventura.

I really, REALLY looked forward to that park, but they had crazy operations.

There was a slight breeze which caused them to close Hurakan Condor and Stampida. Also, Dragon Kahn dispatched like... each 10 minutes meaning I waited 2 1/2 hour to ride the coaster (which I also think is slightly overhyped)

Also, the theming wasn't as good as I expected it to be.

Btw, the park was beautifully landscaped, and Furious Baco in the front inner seat is easily one of the best and most intense roller coaster experiences I've had. Simply crazy.

I guess I have to get back there sometime, for more than a day.

Busch Gardens Europe...

...Please do not get me wrong this park is the MOST BEAUTIFUL park I have EVER been to, but their rides are not that fun. I recently went for two days and I just was not thrilled. Griffon was just OK in my opinion. The only coasters I wanted to ride multiple times were The Loch Ness Monster and The Big Bad Wolf. Apollo's Chariot was no where as good as Nitro. I will give Alphengist credit because of the awesome layout.

One of the best rides they have is Curse of Dark Castle. It even scared me a little, and right behind that Corkscrew Hill was really awesome.

• 6 years later...

I would go with Knoebels before last year... but Impulse I think completed their lineup. Thought I'm not going to say the park is ''perfect'' by any means.

Also Cesari's Pizza is OK. But I have high standards for great pizza, considering I was born in New York. YOU KNOW WHAT, I'LL SAY KNOEBELS IS OVERRATED.

Edited by Themonerd

I'd say Knoebels.

I know its got a lot of unique aspects to it which I appreciate, but its not incredible. The Phonenix and Twister were tons of fun and there haunted house was amazing but theres a lot of carnival flats and run down buildings. I think I was expecting a little bit better of an appearance I guess. I'll have to go back and try the skooters and flying turns but overall the park itself was just ok.