TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Overrated Parks

The parks I think are overrated are:

1. Efteling. Its big, its gardeny, its so amazing. Um, no. Its big, yes, too big. By the time you end up where you wanted to go, you forget what exactly you were looking for. The food was average, they had no maps on the paths, and even the animals were angry. The coasters are average at best, there's a lot of opened spaces with mud and crap. Oh yeah, and Spookslut, which is not a haunted house!

OMG! I had almost forgotten about the Spookslut!!!! This is a lesson for everyone out there...never give Derek a map and tell him to choose a ride!

Elissa "the best ride there was the bench we all slept on...oh and those things they sold outside the park to eat!!!" Alvey

You can also look to it in a positive way, its one of the 5 mayor theme park in europe. Yes you have to walk a bit more than usual, but whats the problem about it? Americans are realy like:'we need a ride every 10 meters'. Also the quality of the overal ride is awsome, its has some of the best darkride on earth(Droomvlucht, Villa Volta, Vliegende Hollander). Its just not like anything else, its a family park!

IMO The Efteling is a underrates park. The history of the park is VERY big, the rides are mostly high quality and its build for families, the only people not enjoying it are the teeners and all other people who only come to ride coasters and don't look beyond the speed and hight of something.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. Holiday World. It should be renamed "Splashing Safari & 30 minutes worth of rides" If not for the 2 wood coasters, would anyone ever go there? And even after going, you're pretty much done and bored in no time.

Now I know why I don't do message boards, it's too tough and incoherent to quote older posts.

Anyway, I totally agree. I've been mobbed many times on RRC for this, but Holiday World got it's enthusiast popularity from holding the largest gay event in the Midwest every year. And, by blaming enthusiasts for thier own operational issues, they ended up pissing off plenty of us, gay or straight.

Growing up only an hour from there, I still am amazed at their crowds now. Nobody went there when I was in High School, especially with Blitzen as their only coaster. Yes, Raven is phenomenal, but they can only rest on its laurels for so many years. And Legend is about as over-rated as they come. I'll ride a scrambler if I want those kinds of laterals for a minute or so, which I don't.

They need a good steel and a dark ride BAD.

Rastus

LOL, as predictable as ever.......

All of you do realize that this thread is MORE THEN TWO YEARS OLD right?

Anyway, on topic, despite it being my home park, I have to say SFNE. They have Superman and a decent lineup of rides and coasters, but the park is boring and concrete, and they somehow found away to make it look worse by remodeling Tiny Timber Town into Wiggles World (the worst decision ever) and moving and re-theming the swings. I always hear people who have never been to the park saying it looks great (I even heard someone say it was the best Six Flags park), but it really isn't.

Most overrated park.. Hmmm..

Busch Gardens Tampa seems to let me down a lot. I just CAN'T have a decent day there for some reason. Montu is great.. Gwazi has the worst operation in the world.. and isn't a great wooden coaster by any means (in my honest.. Northeast Wooden coaster opinion), and Kumba doesn't do it for me. Sheikra will bring a much needed second wind to this park.

As far as the usual.. Six Flags AstroWorld.. Six Flags America.. I really havent had too many parks that have let me down.

Eric

Couldn't agree more about BGT. Spot on.

Cedar Point-I loved this park when I went, but now that I look back, it was really over rated. Yeah, it is cool to drive along and see the rides as you near the park or drive around to soak city, but the rides were really average at best. The park has great atmosphere, and while the rides are fun, there are other parks that deserve to be voted best in the world 100 years in a row.(Europa, Alton, DisneySea, etc.)

Mt. Olympus-I really hate this park. There is no shade, it is horribly overpriced, badly laid out, has the rudest ride ops, rough coasters, terrible flats, and doesn't have much to do.

I think Cedar Point is overrated. The park is fun, and I'm looking forward to going back. But, their coaster collection isn't all that great. They don't have a good woodie, nor any truly top tier coasters. A few of the rides, like Mantis and Mean Streak, are terrible. Sadly, I think that Wildcat might be my favorite coaster in the park. Cedar Downs is fun, and the park does have a solid assortment of flat rides.

I'm going to have to disagree with the people who claim that Kings Island is overrated. Yes, the park has a pretty crappy coaster collection, but it gets little hype or attention and is therefore not overrated. Ohio people seem mesmerized by Cedar Point though.

I'd have to say Islands of Adventure. While Hulk and Spiderman and the rapids ride were pretty good, the rest was average/ below average and there wasn't even much of that! The park also didn't have much shade, and midways seemed small, which made it un-enjoyable to walk around.

I think Cedar Point is overrated. The park is fun, and I'm looking forward to going back. But, their coaster collection isn't all that great. They don't have a good woodie, nor any truly top tier coasters. A few of the rides, like Mantis and Mean Streak, are terrible. Sadly, I think that Wildcat might be my favorite coaster in the park. Cedar Downs is fun, and the park does have a solid assortment of flat rides.

I'm going to have to disagree with the people who claim that Kings Island is overrated. Yes, the park has a pretty crappy coaster collection, but it gets little hype or attention and is therefore not overrated. Ohio people seem mesmerized by Cedar Point though.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. Although it is true that cedar point doesn't have a good woodie, blue streak is lame and boring and you have to go to the doctor when you get off of mean streak, I think the rest of the coaster collection is a perfect mix, I love mantis and Raptor those are both really good rides. Now all they need is for GCI to make them a new woodie.

I know I'm going to get suicide bombed for this, but:

Floridian parks.

Dont get me wrong!--I LOVED those parks and am trying to get back there ASAP! But for some reason, the internet message boards had engrained into me this idea that they were something "more", and for that reason, they were overrated.

Mind you, this isn't a thread for BAD parks. Just over-rated. My thoughts from my ONE real visit there...

Animal Kingdom wasn't anything what I thought it would be! Visually stunning and beautiful! But...Everest was mediocre, Kali Rapids was short and weak, the Safari was decent (but predictable...I mean, it had like 3 "oh no, we're going to fall off the bridge!" moments ), and Dinosaur made me want to cry.

MGM was far less established than I imagined it would be! GOOD Tower and the coaster on one side, a weak tram ride on the other, an aging Movie Ride, and shows. I for some reason was under the impression there was more to do.

Islands of Adventure was quite a letdown for me. I honestly imagined it to be the "Holy Grail" of theme parks. Combining the class of theming and thrill rides to create a totally unique expirence. But for me, the park felt somewhat stagnant. We were done after about half a day. Again, dont get me wrong--I loved it and enjoyed myself! I guess I just expected to orgasm over it or something.

The Magic Kingdom was just somewhat lackluster. It felt as if the park was past it's "heyday", despite the fact that I'm sure there were 60,000+ there the day I went back. And it felt like it could use one or two more big rides.

Note, Epcot, USF, BGT, and, well, Cypress Gardens weren't on the list.

Just because I really didn't know what to expect from those parks. And they all either surprised me pleasantly, or in USF's case, I wasn't expecting much at all from it and ended up enjoying it!

And this isn't to say the "Floridian expierence" was overrated. I loved it from start to finish! But as far as those individual parks are concerned, I REALLY was expecting "more" from them as they had been hyped up so much in my mind.

-Jahan

I totally agree that MGM and Animal Kingdom are ok at best, but I expected that from AK at the very least. But since others seem to really like them I guess I could call it overrated. MK and EPCOT are cool though and I still love Islands.

But Jahan, just remember if you are suicide bombed, your people will proclaim you as a martyr and launch an intifada in your honor, so you're death will be avenged

All of you do realize that this thread is MORE THEN TWO YEARS OLD right?

it's always better to bump then to start a new thread, props to the dude for actually searching!

The Magic Kingdom was just somewhat lackluster. It felt as if the park was past it's "heyday", despite the fact that I'm sure there were 60,000+ there the day I went back. And it felt like it could use one or two more big rides.

Maybe you're just too much of a Disneyland fanboy

Yeah, I think that Fantasyland is pretty weak in Magic Kingdom compared to Disneyland. There are few dark rides left, which means excessive lines for the remaining few. Dark rides shouldn't have long waits! Also, Magic Kingdom has a few of those crappy looking old tent buildings in Fantasyland, which suck compared to the nice stone buildings at Disneyland. You'd think that their premier park would get the good stuff, but nope.

^ No, I'm not going to deny I like Disneyland a lot! So take that for what you will--if you want to disregard my thoughts on the MK, then do so.

Just my impression of the park didn't meet the expectation I set up for it (which was high).

But Jahan, just remember if you are suicide bombed, your people will proclaim you as a martyr and launch an intifada in your honor, so you're death will be avenged

Dont forget my 72 virgins dude! I wouldn't know what to do with them, but I would have them!

-Jahan

After visiting it for the first time in about ten years this year, I'm going to have to say Disneyland. I know it's the original and all, but the FL version kicks the crap out of it. It seems like it has seen better days. Indy (which I remember loving) was in HORRIBLE shape and in dire need of a rehab. The whole park seems just cramped and crowded and is just not as good an experience as the FL version. And don't even get me started on DCA, the park that makes Canada's Wonderland or PKI look sort of fun. I'm in no hurry to return.

dt

Floridian parks.

I understand what you mean. When I was there I didn't expect much of most of the parks, so they weren't really a let down for me, but I too did expect a lot of IOA and ended up having the same experience as you did.

Alton Towers is also a park that I expected to much off. Nemesis, Oblivion and Hex are amazing, but the other rides I found average at best. Don't get me wrong, it still is in my park top ten, just not at the top.

Canobie really doesn't have that many people talking about, and it's all because it is one of the few amusment parks in New England. Also, Yankee Cannonball is awesome. I do agree that the park needs some work though, but it is a nice small park, maybe not as good as Holiday World or Knoebels in that category, but... Oh, nevermind I've ran out of reasons to defend it

But still, Yankee Cannonball is awesome. Just bring the rest of the park up to scratch...

Also, I don't know why people don't like Cedar Point's Blue Streak. It had a ton of crazy airtime when I went there, maybe even more then Magnum does.

Also, I don't know why people don't like Cedar Point's Blue Streak. It had a ton of crazy airtime when I went there, maybe even more then Magnum does.

It does have great airtime, but it's a little bit rough. It could be a pretty good woodie with a little track work.