TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Steel Vengeance: Enough said.

2. Lightning Rod: This year, there is no slow down or early release off the launch. Easily the fastest paced and most intense airtime machine I've ridden.

3. Twisted Colossus: If there's ever an ERT session at Magic Mountain and this is open, marathon it! Dueling almost every time. Even without the dueling though, the airtime here is still brilliant.

4. Storm Chaser: The only coaster which I can say I've ridden 20+ times in one day. Not as long or packed to the brim as some others, but still an unforgettable ride.

5. Twisted Cyclone: Only on the low end for its shortness. Some of the best pacing on an RMC too.

1. Steel Vengeance - honestly, pound for pound, Storm Chaser is BETTER. I give this one the one-up though for its sheer scale and the fact that something this insane was actually built.

2. Storm Chaser - If we are talking element to element, this is the best RMC I've ridden. It has a different, more intense feel than all the others; the airtime is more akin to Intamin with truely sustained ejector vs. quick pops.

3. NTaG

4. Outlaw Run - honestly, I've ridden this multiple times over two separate visits, and it just doesn't do much for me. It's too short. I've also found that this is a "back seat only" ride and is not as diverse as the other RMC (wherein the front and middle are equally good for other reasons), and to add to this, the back seat nowadays is a little rough.

5. Goliath - still an awesome ride despite it's length.

I've only been on five (one being Railblazer, which I feel I need to keep in its own category for being so unique compared to the other four). I really liked all of them, but if I had to rank them, I'd probably go with the following

Lightning Rod - The downtime certainly hurts this ride, but that quadruple down is one of the best endings to a coaster I've been on.

Joker- Only was able to ride this twice on my trip last month because it kept going down throughout the day (nearly every 8-10 dispatches, it seemed), but I really liked this layout. Nice twisty layout with enough speed to make the airtime more noticeable.

Iron Rattler - Elissa raises a good point, and it's causing me to look at this coaster a bit differently. I think the beginning and ending are a lot of fun, but I agree, that middle section the top of the quarry just isn't interesting enough.

Wicked Cyclone - The layout is fun, but it feels as if the design was intended for the speed to be just a little bit faster throughout. It meanders a bit too much for me.

---

Railblazer - WOW, is this coaster an experience! To me, the airtime is intense, both in the front AND the back (I think I prefer the front, as it seems to launch you skyward over each of its hills). Makes me that much more excited to have Jersey Devil at my home park next year!!

I rode a couple new ones this year, so here is an updated list.

1. Twisted Timbers. This one was the whole package for me. It has the most airtime of the ones I've ridden (those three consecutive hills!) and is ultra-smooth. I also love the barrel roll drop.

2. Twisted Colossus. This is my most-ridden one of the bunch, and yeah it doesn't race very often, but I really love its length and cool elements. It feels like two rides in one. It also has some sweet airtime (particularly the blue side).

3. Railblazer. I LOVE this ride. It's just so wild and feels like it runs with zero friction. The airtime is extreme in the back seat, and the restraints don't bother me at all.

4. Wicked Cyclone. This one is quite similar to Twisted Timbers but just not quite as well-paced. Granted, I rode it in 2016, so it has been a while. I remember extreme airtime all over place, but maybe if I ride it again soon it will get bumped up a few spots.

5. Twisted Cyclone. An AWESOME ride for its size, but aside from the wave turn, nothing on the ride really stood out to me that other RMCs don't do just as well or better.

6. Joker. Still a great ride, but it definitely has the weakest airtime and weakest layout. It's too bad the park still has several operational issues with the ride and just can't get it to run as fast and wildly as other RMCs. I don't even think it's my favorite coaster in the park!

1) Lightning Rod- Perfect pacing, wild airtime, amazing setting

2) Steel Vengeance- Mixes huge and small elements flawlessly

3) Untamed- Wild airtime and ridiculously fast for a smaller ride

4) Twisted Colossus- It's like two top 10 rides merged into one

5) Wildfire- Breathtaking setting and amazing until the finale

6) Iron Rattler- 2 of the best drops ever and a unique location

7) Outlaw Run- Short, but fast paced and an amazing night ride

8) Twisted Cyclone- Short, but it backs a mighty punch

9) Twisted Timbers- So many pops of air, but felt slow to me

10) Storm Chaser- Some of RMCs strongest air

11) Wonder Woman- Short, but insane airtime in the back

12) Joker- Amazing drop & stall, but too many overbanks

13) Wicked Cyclone- Same as Joker

14) Medusa- Could be higher if it always ran at its fastest

15) New Texas Giant- Lots of airtime but not as wild as others

16) Goliath- What it has is great, but there's not enough there

1. Iron Rattler

2. Lightning Rod

3. Steel Vengeance

4. Twisted Cyclone

5. Wonder Woman

6. Twisted Timbers

7. Wicked Cyclone

8. Storm Chaser

9. New Texas Giant

I am excited for Jersey Devil. I really wish they'd make more Raptor coasters, even if they were WW/Railblazer clones.

• 3 months later...
I rode a couple new ones this year, so here is an updated list.

1. Twisted Timbers. This one was the whole package for me. It has the most airtime of the ones I've ridden (those three consecutive hills!) and is ultra-smooth. I also love the barrel roll drop.

2. Twisted Colossus. This is my most-ridden one of the bunch, and yeah it doesn't race very often, but I really love its length and cool elements. It feels like two rides in one. It also has some sweet airtime (particularly the blue side).

3. Railblazer. I LOVE this ride. It's just so wild and feels like it runs with zero friction. The airtime is extreme in the back seat, and the restraints don't bother me at all.

4. Wicked Cyclone. This one is quite similar to Twisted Timbers but just not quite as well-paced. Granted, I rode it in 2016, so it has been a while. I remember extreme airtime all over place, but maybe if I ride it again soon it will get bumped up a few spots.

5. Twisted Cyclone. An AWESOME ride for its size, but aside from the wave turn, nothing on the ride really stood out to me that other RMCs don't do just as well or better.

6. Joker. Still a great ride, but it definitely has the weakest airtime and weakest layout. It's too bad the park still has several operational issues with the ride and just can't get it to run as fast and wildly as other RMCs. I don't even think it's my favorite coaster in the park!

After my trip to Texas in December, my list got three new additions! Now it looks like:

1. Twisted Timbers

2. Twisted Colossus

3. Railblazer / Wonder Woman (they are identical, I don't prefer one over the other)

4. Wicked Cyclone

5. Iron Rattler

6. Twisted Cyclone

7. New Texas Giant

8. Joker

I've been on more than I realized. I have them broken down into 3 tiers:

Outlaw Run* / Steel Vengeance / Hakugei

*I haven't been on Outlaw Run in 5ish years now, I really need to check it out again.

Twisted Cyclone / Storm Chaser / Twisted Timbers

Goliath