I'd rank the ones I've ridden as follows:

Lightning Rod

Wicked Cyclone

New Texas Giant

Storm Chaser

Outlaw Run

Iron Rattler

Goliath

Lightning Rod is legit. It is definitely a step above the other RMCs, and I'm sure we'll see it top a lot of enthusiast wooden coaster lists.

• 1 month later...

Okay, we've finally closed out our season with a trip to Texas, so I'm ready to contribute.

7. Goliath

6. Twisted Colossus

5. New Texas Giant

4. Iron Rattler

3. Outlaw Run

2. Lightning Rod

1. Medusa Steel

Goliath is clearly the weakest of the lot in terms of composition and what it does (or doesn't do). As such, it's kind of forgettable for me.

Twisted Colossus was great but the second lift makes this coaster really hard for me to assess and place properly. Because it's shorter and broken in two, I have a hard time placing it higher than any of the others.

Comparing NTaG and Iron Rattler is so difficult, because they're so different, but average out to about the same. I think Iron Rattler is actually more interesting and has a couple more standout moments, which is why it gets the edge. But the length, sheer scale, and amount of airtime hills on NTaG makes me almost reconsider. As it is, I was expecting to like NTaG more, but Iron Rattler's weirdness actually was more interesting to me than NTaG's steady hills for days.

Iron Rattler was a joy. It's first drop was incredible, and the barrel roll up onto the quarry was so neat. It was sooo smooth and re-rideable too.

Outlaw Run was wild, but it's not completely my cup of tea. I can concede that it's better than the previous four just by its balls-to-the-wall insanity, but it is too short and in some ways, the layout is a little underdeveloped for me. I did not love the double barrel roll even though I thought I would.

These top two are the clear favorite for me, head and shoulders (relatively) above the rest. I go back and forth on which is 'better', but for now I'll say this.

Lightning Rod is absurd. It's incredible. It is far and away one of the most intense coasters in the world, and definitely the most intense of the RMC lot I've ridden. The quadruple down is to die for. Everything is amazing. But I don't think it's my favorite.

Medusa Steel, to me, is the whole package. It is perfect in every single way, over every inch of its course. The pacing is sublime. The setting is beautiful, the airtime is ample, the inversions are exactly placed, the course is taken at full speed without bordering on uncomfortable, and I can't help but gush about this thing whenever I get the chance. There's just something about it that makes this ride so special. I don't think I'd argue with anyone that says Lightning Rod is 'better', but at this point and time, Medusa Steel is definitely my favorite, and, as a previous poster put it a page or two back, the coaster I dream about when I think of RMC.

My wife would rank them as follows:

7. Goliath - (she can barely remember that we rode this one lol, and almost can't believe that it's an RMC)

6. Outlaw Run - (the back seat was a little rough for her and left her with a sour taste)

5. Iron Rattler - (nice, but in her words, a little weak at times)

4. Twisted Colossus - (just a lot of fun)

3. New Texas Giant - (very rideable, and she loved how long it was)

2. Medusa Steel - (amazing but not as good as Lightning Rod)

1. Lightning Rod - (hands down favorite)

IMO, I'd rank them like this

1. Lightning Rod

2. Wicked Cyclone

3. Twisted Colossus

4. Wildfire

5. New Texas Giant

6. Joker

7. Goliath

8. Outlaw Run

9. Medusa Steel Coaster

10. Storm Chaser

11. Iron Rattler

IRL, I've only ridden Goliath but next year I'll be riding Lightning Rod, Twisted Colossus, and possibly Storm Chaser

So far none.

And with Wildfire at Kolmarden rumored to be closing, I think it'll be a while before I can get to one close by Italy. (LOOKING AT YOU MIRABILANDIA!)

Oh, unless you didn't know, yes. Wildfire may be closing.

The Swedish Environmental committee apparently revoked Kolmarden's permit to have it, since it was causing trouble with the area's fauna.

And with Wildfire at Kolmarden rumored to be closing, I think it'll be a while before I can get to one close by Italy.

Wait, huh? Did I miss something??

Yes and no, he's being a little bit dramatic. Go to the Kolmarden thread and read that.

IMO, I'd rank them like this

1. Lightning Rod

2. Wicked Cyclone

3. Twisted Colossus

4. Wildfire

5. New Texas Giant

6. Joker

7. Goliath

8. Outlaw Run

9. Medusa Steel Coaster

10. Storm Chaser

11. Iron Rattler

IRL, I've only ridden Goliath but next year I'll be riding Lightning Rod, Twisted Colossus, and possibly Storm Chaser

I understand that when you've only ridden one RMC, this thread isn't really fun. So I get why you speculate - But let me tell you, predicting where these RMCs will rank will never be right! These coasters surprise you in ways you'll never expect! Also, you have Outlaw Run and Medusa Steel WAY WAY too low!

I understand that when you've only ridden one RMC, this thread isn't really fun. So I get why you speculate - But let me tell you, predicting where these RMCs will rank will never be right! These coasters surprise you in ways you'll never expect!

Before I rode any RMCs I ranked them

NTaG, WC, IR, SC

But after riding them I rank them as follows

IR, WC, SC, NTaG

Guess I never updated my rankings after finishing them all

1. Lightning Rod

2. Wildfire

3. Outlaw Run

4. Medusa

5. Storm Chaser

6. Twisted Colossus (if dueling)

7. Wicked Cyclone

8. Joker

9. New Texas Giant

10. Iron Rattler

11. Goliath

Congrats Jake, I think you might be the first person to have ridden them all!

I haven't rid LR of Wildfire, but I definitely agree with you next two (and where you placed Goliath haha)

I've been on five:

1) Outlaw Run

2) Wildfire

3) Medusa

4) Storm Chaser

5) Goliath

Honestly, the first four are outstanding, grade-A coasters, and would probably all fit in my top 20 coasters overall. Goliath is a good ride, but a definite step down.

Hoping to add at least one more in 2017!

Anyone hit all 7? I'm wondering how they stack up.

New Texas Giant - Six Flags Over Texas

Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City

Iron Rattler - Six Flags Fiesta Texas

Medusa - Six Flags Mexico

Goliath - Six Flags Great America

Twisted Colossus - Six Flags Magic Mountain

Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England

I've only done New Texas Giant and Wicked Cyclone. I much preferred NTAG (my #3) over Wicked Cyclone (my #14). NTAG's airtime seemed more intense, and not being allowed to select my own seat on Wicked Cyclone really put a damper on my ride.

Why can't you select your own seat on Wicked Cyclone?

^From my experience at Six Flags New England, it is because they are seat assignment Nazis on nearly every ride in the park, which is both frustrating and unnecessary. Also, while assigning seats, they consistently screwed up and there were empty seats frequently.

I was actually shocked by how friendly their employees were, but the seat assignment mess got old really quick. I requested front row for Superman and they said yes, then once next for that row, I was told by the op that I HAD to move to row 7 which had 4 people waiting and leaving row 1 would leave my row empty. I refused and it turned into a big meltdown in the station but I got my wish. It was not fun though and the op was possibly the most rude Six Flags employee I had ever met. Everyone else was super friendly.

I have been on Goliath and Storm Chaser. Goliath ended wayyy to quickly and Storm Chaser didn't meet expectations.

When did you ride it? Because a few weeks ago it was HAULING and apparently the other train is even faster! (It was only running one train when we went).

July 3rd. Rainy day. Wasn't a bad ride, to me it was overshadowed by Lightning Run

I have been on Goliath and Storm Chaser. Goliath ended wayyy to quickly and Storm Chaser didn't meet expectations.

When did you ride it? Because a few weeks ago it was HAULING and apparently the other train is even faster! (It was only running one train when we went).

July 3rd. Rainy day. Wasn't a bad ride, to me it was overshadowed by Lightning Run

I kind of have the same opinion. Storm Chaser is a great ride, absolutely awesome from start to finish, but I like Lightning Run a little more. I can't really say why, but if I'm in that park, and I have time for one last ride, Lightning Run's the one I'd choose. They do different things, and they're both really a lot of fun. KK is doing incredible things with their new coasters. I just went earlier this year for the first time, and I already want to go back.