TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ridden all 9 US rmcs and they are all aweosme rides. Joker is the only one that seems to be lacking a little bit of umph.

1. Lightning Rod

2. Twisted Colossus

3. Iron Rattler

4. Wicked Cyclone

5. Storm Chaser

6. New Texas Giant

7. Outlaw Run

8. Goliath

9. Joker

Of the ones I've ridden...

1. Twisted Colossus - SFMM

2. New Texas Giant - SFOT

3. Iron Rattler - SFFT

4. The Joker - SFDK

5. Goliath - SFGAm

Probably not going to make it to Mexico or Sweden anytime soon, but Lightning Rod, Storm Chaser, Outlaw Run and Wicked Cyclone are most certainly going to be ridden soon.

On my SFNE visit I was one person away from riding in the front row, but was told instead I had to ride in my least favorite part of the train, the middle.

(Sorry, blast from the past here...) Was it... row 6?

On my SFNE visit I was one person away from riding in the front row, but was told instead I had to ride in my least favorite part of the train, the middle.

Can someone explain why this is so funny? I feel like I'm missing something here.

Can someone explain why this is so funny? I feel like I'm missing something here.

I think that the Row 6 joke originated from one of Coaster Studio's live streams. I'm not too sure though.

I think that the Row 6 joke originated from one of Coaster Studio's live streams. I'm not too sure though.

Yes, yes it did

I've ridden all 9 US rmcs and they are all aweosme rides. Joker is the only one that seems to be lacking a little bit of umph.

1. Lightning Rod

2. Twisted Colossus

3. Iron Rattler

4. Wicked Cyclone

5. Storm Chaser

6. New Texas Giant

7. Outlaw Run

8. Goliath

9. Joker

I know I don't have much to say as I have only been on Joker. But give it another shot when possible after it's been running all day, I found that it got better as the day went on.

1. Lightning Rod

2. Twisted Colossus

3. Iron Rattler

4. Wicked Cyclone

5. Storm Chaser

6. New Texas Giant

7. Outlaw Run

8. Goliath

9. Joker

I know I don't have much to say as I have only been on Joker. But give it another shot when possible after it's been running all day, I found that it got better as the day went on.

Form what my friends told me Joker wasn't running poly urethane wheels when I went thus the ride was running sluggish and every ride I got on Joker i was stapled. I do hope Joker is running better then when I rode it. I did ride Joker at like 6 PM and it didn't feel that much better, but maybe i was just annoyed with a jerk employee who pushed my resistant down 3 separate times causing the airtime suck. Next time I'm at SFDK I'll give Joker another chance.

Yes, I had a few stapled rides on The Joker as well, but it was never enough to ruin the ride. The Joker immediately jumped into my favorite rides list. Outstanding airtime, especially in the front car.

The stapling thing was also a problem on Twisted Colossus for the first few months, but isn't as bad now.

• 2 weeks later...
Form what my friends told me Joker wasn't running poly urethane wheels when I went thus the ride was running sluggish

Rode Joker for the first time last week. I noticed it had the same "RMC roar" that Medusa Steel Coaster had when I rode it last fall, but was absent from the others. It definitely has something to do with the type of wheels being used as I observed Medusa had no less than three different types of wheels at the time and was even louder than Joker is right now. The roar also seems to coincide with a slightly more sluggish ride experience. As absolutely crazy fast as Medusa ran for me, my friend in Mexico City said it was actually a bit slower than what he was used to, and that several months later it was running quietly again as well as a bit faster as they continued tinkering with the wheel configuration. Difference is that while Joker indeed felt like the most sluggish of the six RMCs I've ridden, Medusa is so balls-to-the-wall insane that even "sluggish Medusa" is still my top RMC. New rankings:

1. Medusa Steel Coaster

2. Outlaw Run

3. Twisted Colossus

4. New Texas Giant

5. Iron Rattler

6. The Joker

And Joker is still a top 20 coaster for me. Even the weakest RMC is elite.

^Someone at KI yesterday who has been on all US RMCs ranked Joker the lowest (except maybe Goliath). I stand by my opinion that it just keeps getting better with time and will NOT be sluggish at all in the future and will deliver some of the best airtime of any of the RMCs. I had a few rides that were hauling and in those cases I thought it definitely beat out Wicked Cyclone, which for me beats out TC. I love TC but I don't get why people rank it so high over other RMCs. Soon I should be getting on Storm Chaser (which people thought was slow at first, but now are saying it's one of the best). Maybe even Lightning Rod later this year

This is how I'd rank all the RMCs I've ridden.

1. Outlaw Run

2. Twisted Colossus

3. Iron Rattler

4. Joker

5. New Texas Giant (This was just REALLY sluggish for me. Only had one ride and it wasn't warmed up. So I'm hoping that it's much better once warmed up)

I have only ridden as of now Goliath and Storm Chaser. Storm Chaser is better than Goliath. It had very extreme ejector airtime and really odd tricks like the first drop and the turnaround. What's surprising is that I'm looking on people's lists and Storm Chaser isn't on top. I haven't ridden the other RMCS but seeing there are others better than Storm Chaser...I can't even fathom how intense those rides are.

^Someone at KI yesterday who has been on all US RMCs ranked Joker the lowest (except maybe Goliath). I stand by my opinion that it just keeps getting better with time and will NOT be sluggish at all in the future and will deliver some of the best airtime of any of the RMCs. I had a few rides that were hauling and in those cases I thought it definitely beat out Wicked Cyclone, which for me beats out TC. I love TC but I don't get why people rank it so high over other RMCs. Soon I should be getting on Storm Chaser (which people thought was slow at first, but now are saying it's one of the best). Maybe even Lightning Rod later this year

I love the Joker. If I had to answer the Joker Vs TC question, I would say Joker easily has the stronger airtime and more completely layout. It all comes down to what you like in a coaster. A friend of mine who prefers TC said he likes the fact than TC dispenses with the "over banked turns" that get you from one element to the next that he feels slows down the trains. He likes the fact that TC is almost a straight double shot of elements without those multi turns, allowing you to take those two inversions at full speed.

Hope that helps.

Only been on one

1. Wicked Cyclone

Went on it last year and had to ride middle both times, it was awesome but seemed sluggish towards the end, but I knew riding it in the front probably would've changed my views on it...

I went this past weekend, got the front, and holy hell this thing tore through the circuit, it was way more intense then it's opening season! I rode 3 times, even went row 5 my 2nd ride and it blew away my rides in the middle rows last season, it rocketed up my steel list, it's incredible. I'm hoping to get on Storm Chaser and/or Lightning Rod next year, fingers crossed!

The two I've ridden:

1. NTAG

2. IR

The ones I've missed:

Went to Dollywood in 2012. (4 years before Lightning Rod)

Last Went to SFNE in 2012 or 2013 (I forget but 2-3 years before Wicked Cyclone)

Went to SFDK in 2014 (2 years before the Joker)

Went to Magic Mountain in 2014 (Less than 1 week before the original Colossus closed)

I love the Joker. If I had to answer the Joker Vs TC question, I would say Joker easily has the stronger airtime and more completely layout. It all comes down to what you like in a coaster. A friend of mine who prefers TC said he likes the fact than TC dispenses with the "over banked turns" that get you from one element to the next that he feels slows down the trains. He likes the fact that TC is almost a straight double shot of elements without those multi turns, allowing you to take those two inversions at full speed.

Hope that helps.

i kinda think the joker lacks airtime. a lot of little pops. i like larger elements. besides the drop, my favorite airtime moment is the last hill before the pop into the brakes. underflip into the stall is great. because i like straight long first drops, and, i don't mind a one hit wonder, i'd give Goliath the slight edge. i am not a fan of the lift hill break on TC. i wish it would just jam up the lift hill.

I've only been on the following, but I'd rank them as such:

1. Outlaw Run

2. Wicked Cyclone

3. Iron Rattler

4. New Texas Giant

But it's also kind of like saying "I'd rank El Toro first and Colossos last" on an Intamin woodies comparo.

Also, it seems like all of them run the "tickler" wheels (they cause high friction and the entire train vibrates like someone's calling it the whole ride) for a short period some time close to opening. If you ride any of them and get this experience, ride it again at a later date. I rode Wicked Cyclone last year like this and was underwhelmed because it must have an impact on the lap time. I rode it this year and it was awesome.