TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why I feel like this has been discussed before. . .

But anyway my ranking would go:

1.) Outlaw Run

2.) Lightning Rod (Most likely)

3.) Iron Streak (Most likely)

4.) New Texas Giant

5.) Storm Chaser (Most likely)

6.) Joker (Most likely)

7.) Twisted Colussus (Most likely)

8.) Wicked Cyclone (Most likely)

9.) Steel Medusa (Most likely)

10.) Iron Rattler (really didn't care for this coaster.)

11.) Goliath (Most likely)

(Most likely) = Haven't been on this coaster yet (Obviously for some of these coasters) so basing the ranking off of construction photos, POV's, off ride videos, other peoples comments about the coasters, and how I truly think this coaster would appeal to me.

Of the ones I've rode.

1) New Texas Giant

2) Goliath

3) Iron Rattler

I will ride Lightning Rod, Twisted Colossus, and The Joker this year so I'll be up to six total. If Silver Dollar City gets a new B&M next year, I'll probably add Outlaw Run to my list soon as well as Storm Chaser too next year. Don't see myself going to Mexico or New England anytime soon.

I still don't understand how I'm in such a minority about Iron Rattler. That thing is the bee's knees and much better than NTAG, imho. NTAG has an awesome first half but then peters out very quickly and just lolligags through the rest of the ride. iRat goes hard, fast, and mean from the top of the lift to the brakes with tons of airtime and speed.

1 - iRat

2 - NTAG

3 - Wicked Collossus

Gonna be riding Outlaw Run in a month.

Goliath without a doubt is the best RMC I've ridden, here's my list.

1. Goliath

Hopefully I'll add Storm Chaser & Lightning Rod to the list this year.

Edited by JRice92

Of the ones I've been on:

1. Twisted Colossus

2. Iron Rattler

3. New Texas Giant

4. Outlaw Run Don't get the hype it felt sluggish and didn't provide the crazy airtime everyone loves so much. Great irde, but overrated in my eyes

5. Goliath

For sure riding Wicked Cyclone and Lighting Rod next year and possibly Storm Chaser and Joker.

I still don't understand how I'm in such a minority about Iron Rattler. That thing is the bee's knees and much better than NTAG, imho. NTAG has an awesome first half but then peters out very quickly and just lolligags through the rest of the ride. iRat goes hard, fast, and mean from the top of the lift to the brakes with tons of airtime and speed.

For me Iron Rattler is how New Texas Giant is for you.

Sure the first half of iRat is decent, but after the zero-g-roll the coaster just becomes rather boring. It kind of just meanders around on top of the quarry wall, the drop off the quarry wall is good, but then it is turn, tunnel, brake run. My main dislike for iRat is the track at the top of the quarry wall. The train is going to slow (in comparison) to the rest of the ride) that all of the elements are just... boring. Where as New Texas Giant seems to run full speed all the way up to the brake run with never a dull moment!! I'd gladly take New Texas Giant over Iron Rattler any day! But to each their own! We can't all feel the same way about every coaster!

Here's how I'd rank the RMCs that I've ridden.

1. Outlaw Run

2. Twisted Colossus

3. Iron Rattler

4. New Texas Giant (I only got one ride on NTAG, and it just opened up. So I'm hoping it's much better warmed up)

Looking foreword to adding Joker and Lightning Rod to my list this year.

I've only ridden two of them.

1. Goliath (SFGAm)

2. Outlaw Run (SDC)

Hopefully more will be added in the future...

I never thought I'd see this, honestly. I've also only been on Outlaw Run and Goliath.

1) Outlaw Run. One of the craziest coasters I've ever been on.

2) Goliath. Still a good ride with a lot of unique/kick ass elements in a compact area, but RMC's aren't supposed to be contained to a small area, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Rode NTaG and IRat this weekend

1. Iron Rattler-Fantastic first drop, awesome , great inversion, stunning drop off the quarry and great speed throughout. #1 overall coaster.

2. New Texas Giant- Great first drop, cool banked turns, solid , just pure fun. #9 steel coaster.