TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2016 Trip Planning

I'm officially planning my August 2016 Trip! I'm thinking of doing Carowinds, Dollywood, and Six flags over Georgia. I'm not sure if I can do each park one or 2 days yet. I really want to get everything in including all flats coasters and water parks if possible. any suggestions on where to eat also any other stuff I need to know about the park.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Oh thank god.

In that case, Dollywood and Carowinds are easily one-day parks. They're lots of fun but nothing worth losing sleep over. I can't talk about SFOG since I've never been, but I can't imagine it's much different.

What I recommend...

When I went to Carowinds, I flew in at about 1pm that day. We went to our hotel and checked in and all and went to the park. We bought the after 4pm pass and we got a LOT of rides in. Then we went the following day and did the water park and left by about 2 or 3pm.

When I went to Six Flags Over Georgia, I got everything done in 1 day but I haven't been there since the new waterpark opened. I'm sure you can still get everything done though in a day.

Dollywood is one of those places where I would spend 2 days at. Also, if you're planning on doing the waterpark, then I would probably spend 3 days. I would spend 2 days at the park and then a day at the waterpark.

Hope this helps!

I'm making my first trip out to Dollywood (with my wife and four kids!) in 2016 too! Not sure of the month yet, but I'm hoping earlier, rather than later. Definitely after Shot Rod opens, however!

From what I've heard, this year they are offering a free day the following day if you purchase a ticket after 3 or 4. I can't remember which. Somebody who is a regular here can probably confirm this, or dispute it, but I know a friend of mine used this promotion last month, so it's definitely something along these lines... At any rate, if they are running this same special next year, I certainly plan on utilizing it, getting a solid day and a half in there at Dollywood. It would probably be a good way to go for you too, assuming they are still running it!

I'm taking a week off July 29-August 5. I'm going to Silver Dollar City, Six Flags ST Louis, Six Flags Great America for two days Saturday August 1st Sunday August 2nd then Adventureland on Monday all day get in a motel sleep at night then drive back to Minnesota on Tuesday Altoona is not far from Minnesota then on Wednesday I'm going to see Alice Cooper at the Excel Energy Center in ST Paul concert .

I'm making my first trip out to Dollywood (with my wife and four kids!) in 2016 too! Not sure of the month yet, but I'm hoping earlier, rather than later. Definitely after Shot Rod opens, however!

From what I've heard, this year they are offering a free day the following day if you purchase a ticket after 3 or 4. I can't remember which. Somebody who is a regular here can probably confirm this, or dispute it, but I know a friend of mine used this promotion last month, so it's definitely something along these lines... At any rate, if they are running this same special next year, I certainly plan on utilizing it, getting a solid day and a half in there at Dollywood. It would probably be a good way to go for you too, assuming they are still running it!

This answers your question

http://www.dollywood.com/Deals/Special-Offers.aspx?icid=dw-so-nav-txtlink

But of course the park could change policies in 2016

Edited by larrygator

whats the best alpine coaster in pigeon forge TN so I can add it to the list of stuff that I need to do while on the trip

I'm going to take this from another thread:

I rode the three Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge alpine coasters last Thursday.

They are roughly the same price at either $15/$16. I would rank them as follows:

1) Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster

2) Gatlinburg Alpine Coaster

3) Goats On A Roof

Gatlinburg was the fastest with no trims, but it was at least half the length of the other two. Otherwise, it would of been my favorite. If you have to choose only two, skip Goats on a Roof.

• 2 months later...