1. 1. Which park shall I go for 2016

• Islands of Adventure
    • Busch Gardens Tampa

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Help me to help you Have you been to both parks? Recently? Where are you staying because if it's a coin toss between the two then maybe do the one closest to you. Also do you prefer coasters or dark rides? Rides or theming? They're both pretty different parks and both great in their own individual ways.

I'm just playin' with the Gatorland answer. Actually, since you'll be 17, you should steal a car and joyride. I think they can take that off your arrest record after you turn 18. Confirm with a lawyer first.

If it were me and I could only do one park it would for sure be Islands of Adventure. If you have more than one day and/or you want to go to more than one park, I would look at getting an Orlando Flex Ticket, IF they have a combination that works for you.

Islands Of Adventure gets my vote, simply because I like the park more. I like the over all feel, I like the different themed lands, I like the attractions, I just enjoy the overall atmosphere more. Not that Busch Gardens is a bad park, because it is not by any means a bad park. Islands Of Adventure just appeals to me more.

Busch Gardens on the other hand does have a nice atmosphere, and great rides. It just would not be my personal pick of the two.

With that being said, no one is going to be able to make this decision for you. Each person is going to like each park for different reasons. If you want to make the best decision, you need to look at what both parks have to offer, see which park appeals to you most, and go with that park.

Again, I would strongly suggest trying to find a way to do more than one park while you are there. That way you can get the most out of your time in Florida. Best of luck, and let us know how it goes.

no one is going to be able to make this decision for you. Each person is going to like each park for different reasons. If you want to make the best decision, you need to look at what both parks have to offer, see which park appeals to you most, and go with that park.

THIS

Both parks have much to offer and personal preference comes into play. If your choice is only IOA versus Busch, then Busch makes more sense unless you are a huge Potter fan.

I haven't been to both parks, so it's my first time. I prefer coasters and rides. I don't know what hotel i'm staying at this time.

Based on that sentence, I would recommend BGT. IOA's coasters are pretty good, but Busch has more of them and they are pretty high quality as well.

This is not an easy decision at all. I love between them and choose Busch Gardens to visit regularly (my wife and I have passes that cover it and Sea World). It's relaxed atmosphere and variety of types of attraction makes it more fun to visit regularly. Islands of Adventure, being part of a megacomplex of attractions, is more of a hassle to visit, so much so that when I had a pass I still rarely visited. But the sheer amount of top notch attractions means that for a one day trip this one wins. BGT has a great collection of coasters, easily topping IOA's, but in non-coaster attractions there is no comparison at all. I'd rank Kumba and Montu ahead of the Dragons and Hulk, but the level of quality is very comparable.

Either way, you won't go wrong. They are both great parks but aside from having impeccable quality they are 180 degrees different.

I would have to agree that both parks are so different and yet, wonderful in each's own way. They are both so different that you must spend at least one day in each. Being a Fl resident, we usually alternate season passes each year. One year is BGT, and one is Uni. In all honesty, if you only have limited time here in FL, do 2 days at the very minimum. One for each park, and even then you will wish you had a whole lot more days to experience the wonders that are florida parks.