TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb & Elissa in Japan - 2015!

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't even know about this Lockup Restaurant. I wish the people I was hanging around with that day and I did this instead of Japanese Denny's, which was an experience in its own right.

There's always a reason to go back to Japan...but Denny's is not one of them.

I didn't even know about this Lockup Restaurant. I wish the people I was hanging around with that day and I did this instead of Japanese Denny's, which was an experience in its own right.

Like I said, we just completely stumbled across it during our wandering around Nagoya. I've always felt the best most ef'ed up stuff you'll discover in Japan can't be found in any guidebooks or website guides, it's the random stuff you find while just exploring the cities!

Edited by robbalvey

^^^Denny's only had two breakfast items on the menu when we visited. The French toast was good. It's possible that they had a breakfast menu but maybe certain times of the day. I thought it was weird that 7-eleven own it. I definitely skip it next visit and go for the Lockup restaurant.

^Actually, they may!

I mean, of course Japan finds a way to make even our worst restaurants acceptable.

I remember looking at the menu for the LaQua Denny's in 2007--lots of "interesting" items.

There's always a reason to go back to Japan...but Denny's is not one of them.

Absolutely agree!

^Does Japanese Denny's serve country-fried katsu curry with eggs, bacon, and biscuits and gravy?

I wish they would of. That sounds pretty good.

I've always felt the best most ef'ed up stuff you'll discover in Japan can't be found in any guidebooks or website guides, it's the random stuff you find while just exploring the cities!

So true!

I remember looking at the menu for the LaQua Denny's in 2007--lots of "interesting" items.

There were some interesting and "out there" items. I ordered something from their Taste of Asia menu that was "Thai".

^Does Japanese Denny's serve country-fried katsu curry with eggs, bacon, and biscuits and gravy?

Oh Japan and your weird ways presenting curry. Although also Asia and it's weird random places themed around poop (ice-cream themed to poop, modern toilet restaurants in Taiwan, poop coffee shop here in South Korea etc.)

http://nlab.itmedia.co.jp/nl/articles/1508/15/news026.html

I've been away for about a month (including an awesome trip to Germany). I just read the Nagashima Spa Land update. Elissa has totally encapsulated my thoughts.

You should write all of your updates after surgery while on Percocet.

This. A billion times this.

And that Lockup place looks completely insane. In a good way.

dt

...Like I said, we just completely stumbled across it during our wandering around Nagoya. I've always felt the best most ef'ed up stuff you'll discover in Japan can't be found in any guidebooks or website guides, it's the random stuff you find while just exploring the cities!

Very very true. The random places to eat I've run into, in Japan over the course of a TPR trip,

are incredibly diverse, wierd, crazy, and awesome. Sometimes all at once!

And of course, there's always Meat-On-Stix!

144197488_ResizeofIMG_2547.JPG.a9c1d511d8fed63308b13cb1f229c198.JPG

A lovely Sapporo, Japan restaurant. TPR 2013 Japan Tour.

• 2 weeks later...

And of course, there's always Meat-On-Stix!

And what choices they have too. Even though it said chicken on the side, my Korean reading skills told me it was definitely chicken butts and not donkey meat that had been misplaced on the menu like my friend believed

IMG_1403.thumb.JPG.e7be10238815630bf07f0a866b8a2221.JPG

IMG_1405.thumb.JPG.32561e52d1a0b326ca197ae9ae6cc41a.JPG

IMG_1406.thumb.JPG.5c3c27511e4e3ded6d4c6fd1f45601a2.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...