TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb & Elissa in Japan - 2015!

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice photos! Nagashima Spa Land is definitely on my list of places to visit whenever I finally make it over to Japan!

I didn't realize that Steel Dragon 2000 had received new trains! When did that happen?! Clearly I've been "out of it" regarding NSL for a while... The new trains look great, however! They need to update the Morgan Hypers here in the States with those as well!

I didn't realize that Steel Dragon 2000 had received new trains! When did that happen?!

About 3 or 4 years ago.

Wow! Good stuff! I'm looking forward to riding it even more, now!

Perchance, did somebody here (Robb, maybe?) ride it both before, and after the new trains? What is the difference in ride experience, in your opinion?

Perchance, did somebody here (Robb, maybe?) ride it both before, and after the new trains? What is the difference in ride experience, in your opinion?

It's not that much different, to be honest. The trains feel a bit more open, yes, but other than that, it rides pretty much the same as it did before.

Hi, I am planning to return to Japan next year and I wonder if you could tell me something. I assume you got a JR pass for the trip, is that right? Did you stay in multiple locations across Japan, or did you have a sort of "home base" that you'd return to most nights using a JR train?

Thank you for the info. I'm planning to walk the Shikoku pilgrimage, go see my good friend who just moved to Japan and then activate my JR pass and visit various sites across the country including DisneySea and one or two other parks that I haven't narrowed down yet (I've already been to USJ, so I'll pass this time). It would be economically convenient for me to have a base camp during this stage of the trip, but I guess that sort of defeats the purpose of the JR pass. Thank you for help.

You've given yourself an extremely awesome job, so I look up to you.

I realize it's probably not a new ride but after watching the para-scrambler video on facebook, am I the only one who wishes there were more random fusions of rides outside of Japan (was thinking of that weird paratrooper/enterprise thing as well.)

I remember Alton Towers had a weird troika style ride on a paratrooper arm (and I think Pleasurewood hills now has one of those) And wasn't there a random starflyer in France where they used sky-swing style restraints instead of chairs? I guess a few rides could already be considered fusions e.g. somebody told me they went on a chair-swing ride attached to a tower (starflyer) and I think I saw somewhere Zamperla are making a tower version of an air-race but that para-scrambler looks like a lot of fun.

Maybe it's just all this talk of VR being attached to rides that could be coming in the future but I would much rather prefer cool fusions like that one as a way to update old concepts over VR.

And that ENORMOUS pirate ship ride freaks me out for some reason.

It's seriously nothing like you'd expect. For as huge as it is its actually a very mild ride.

And they have two of them, side by side! But they were never run at the same time, when I was

there on past TPR Tours. And ^^ you're right, when one was operating it took - for - e - ver to

swing back and forth.

But it's still impressive, when you're sitting there, knowing about 80 or more can fit in the thing!

You should write all of your updates after surgery while on Percocet.

It sure was amusing to read through.

Also interesting to see the big bouncy thingy (I don't know what it's called). We have a lot of them in Scandinavia (as you have already documented very well through your various trip report here on TPR), but it's cool to see it also in Japan. I guess Japan is another of those countries where you are actually responsible for your own actions....

^ There was one at Space World, Nagashima, and probably another park or two on the trip. They're basically big blobs of liquid that kids play around on. They're not like a trampoline but they're funky. Unfortunately the one at Space World was closed due to the weather when we were there and the one at Nagashima allowed only small children, so I wasn't able to mess around.

I guess Japan is another of those countries where you are actually responsible for your own actions....

Yes and no. Yes in the sense that there is a much higher amount of "personal responsibility" than in the USA, but when accidents do occur, user error or not, they are much more strict at finding the cause as Japan is just a place where "accidents don't happen."

Well they seem to take safety as a high priority as they should. I say "seem" because I've never been to Japan but they cover an awful lot of their rides in catwalks to the point where it might detriment the ride experience. Either that or jet coasters are just designed in that particularly interesting... yes, interesting style.