TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Three Mistakes

While I was re-reading Shane's update on Knott's where he talked about the three strikes against the park (Removal of Beary Tales, Removal of Cycle Chase, Removal of Roaring 20s) and was wondering what three additions/removals you felt were mistakes of your park.

For Me: Six Flags Great America

1. Removal of Sky Whirl with both replacements being underwhelming/unpopular

2. Removal of Antique Cars

3. Removal of Bugs Bunny National Park for Go Karts relocation

And for Six Flags in general

1. Time Warner treatment to Partnership Parks (SFOT, SFOG)

2. Acquisition of SeaWorld Ohio

3. Closing Six Flags Astroworld

Edited by Rollercoaster Rider

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my 3 strikes for Disney since I don't live far

Strike one-Maelstrom

Strike two-the hat-I really loved that hat

Strike 3-Studio Backlot Tour-this was my favorite attraction at all of Disney I was mad when they announced its closure

wondering what three additions/removals you felt ruined your home park.

So help me understand this... according to this thread:

Disney is ruined (partially because they removed the hat )

Cedar Point is ruined because they replaced their log flume with one of the best coasters in the world and their crappy bobsled ride in the ugliest building ever constructed with a wing coaster that everyone who's not an enthusiast loves and did higher ridership numbers than anything in the park.

Kings Dominion is ruined because they haven't built a new coaster lately and everyone has to settle for one of the world's best coasters in I305, a beloved Intamin multi launch coaster through a volcano that shoots fire out of the top and is all around awesome, a great indoor launch coaster and one of the best floorless coasters anywhere.

And

Six Flags Great America is ruined mostly because they removed a car ride and a kiddy area.

So is this like "3 Strikes you're out and I'm never going back" or just "3 things I don't like that a park did but I still go there all the time"? I'm just confused because the original post made it look like the former but that would be ridiculous. There's not a single park that's been "ruined" (to quote the original post) to the point that I wouldn't ever go back if they got something cool. Well... maybe Conneaut Lake but it literally is in a state of ruins and they'll never get anything new.

My thought was, if it gets three strikes, you don't go back to the park, ever again...right?

Correct me if I am wrong in this concept?

I would interpret that exactly the same way you did, especially based on the way the first post was worded.

Here goes for SFSL:

1. Removal of/lack of bumper cars

2. Extreme shortening of Moon Cars antique car ride

3. Removal of Jetscream-replaced in long run by B:TR, but park needs an intermediate/ beginner steel coaster

None of these are deal breakers, just minor things that could make the park better

Geauga Lake

1. Spend to add 20 freaking new rides to a park in 2 years.

2. Acquire another park and become the world's largest theme park, in a small suburb of Cleveland Ohio, with a very low-priced admission ticket and extreme debt.

3. Close all animal attractions, build a new waterpark there, close the old waterpark, send all of your coasters away, and then close down the entire rides side leaving only the new waterpark.

I think this one wins.

Geauga Lake

2. Acquire another park and become the world's largest theme park, in a small suburb of Cleveland Ohio, with a very low-priced admission ticket and extreme debt.

3. Close all animal attractions, build a new waterpark there, close the old waterpark, send all of your coasters away, and then close down the entire rides side leaving only the new waterpark.

I think this one wins.

JFC... that's... ya.

SFMM:

1. Removing Pysclone

2. Removing Flashback

3. Colossus -> Twisted Colossus

this is a joke

In all seriousness, three things that happened before I first visited my home park, SFSTL:

1. Replacing 2nd Mine Train for a Vekoma/Arrow Frankinstein-coaster

2. Relocating Parachute Tower (SFGADv better keep running this lol - it was fun there)

3. Removing the Skyway, despite liabilities

...and still bothering me:

4. Boss still running Gerstlauer trains!

Wait, we had a HUSS Condor for one year?

Darien Lake

1. Leaving Galaxy Theater mostly SBNO

2. Removing Cuda Falls and leaving Floodgate Falls to rot

3. No new coaster since 2008

I got three more for Darien Lake!

4. Leaving the Predator-Lake Monster conversion project in limbo

5. Removing Nightmare at Phantom Cave

6. Replacing the campground swimming pools with Motocoaster

Geauga Lake

Where do you get 20 new rides or are you confusing this with the "War on Lines" at Six Flags Great Adventure in 1999 where all those flats they added were eventually moved to other parks?

Geauga Lake

Where do you get 20 new rides or are you confusing this with the "War on Lines" at Six Flags Great Adventure in 1999 where all those flats they added were eventually moved to other parks?

1. Batman Knight Flight

2. Superman Ultimate Escape

3. Villain

4. Road Runner Express

5. Hurricane Bay

6. Calypso Creek

7. Shipwreck Falls

8. Looney Tunes Foam Factory

9. Larger Than Life Play Area

10. Daffy's Sub

11. Marvin The Martian's Rocket Ships

12. Speedy's Big Trucks

13. Taz's Twister

14. Tweety's Tweehouse

15. Wile E. Coyote's Balloons

16. Yosemite Sam's Train

17. X Flight

18. Bounty

19. Geauga Queen/ Aurora Belle

20. Turbo Bungee

Have you all read this article about Geauga Lake? It's seriously FASCINATING. And the comments section is full of people who are still so upset about the whole thing. It's quite a long read, but super worth it if you're into the Amusement industry.

www.themeparktourist.com/features/20140824/28153/lost-geauga-lake-how-worlds-largest-six-flags-disappeared

Have you all read this article about Geauga Lake? It's seriously FASCINATING. And the comments section is full of people who are still so upset about the whole thing. It's quite a long read, but super worth it if you're into the Amusement industry.

www.themeparktourist.com/features/20140824/28153/lost-geauga-lake-how-worlds-largest-six-flags-disappeared

Yes, I'll add to please read this. Geauga Lake was my home park, and people I talk to still talk about how they wish it was there all the time.