TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Lighting Package

So I was just looking through some flat ride videos from Europe, and realized that they have some eye-popping fair rides unlike anything I have ever seen... for example, this breakdance in Germany has an absolutely awesome lighting program IMO

What's your favorite lighting package on any ride? How much better is the ride with lights vs. during the day?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow wow wow, thanks for posting BDG! I love how the "cannonball" is the ride car

I was just thinking, and I don't know if this counts as a lighting "package," but the first time I saw a video of this year's Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights, I thought it couldn't possibly be real... I want to see this in person someday

I was going to go see my home park's holiday light display last year, but after seeing this I didn't really want to anymore

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this with some more crazy Euro rides-

'The King' technical park loop fighter- sort of gaudy but I like it

I guess I have a soft spot for 'over-the-top flashy'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEDrh1IV_bI

Lasers!

Silverwood's Spin Cycle seems to have a nice lighting package as well

And one for just "look at how fast this thing goes"- for 7 minutes

KMG knows how to make good-looking rides. In my opinion Move It 32 is the best looking fair ride there is, and the lighing package is a big part of it.

By the way, am I correct that KMG only built one of this ride??

• 2 weeks later...
In my opinion Move It 32 is the best looking fair ride there is, and the lighing package is a big part of it.

That thing is awesome and looks super fun It is like a smaller, faster version of the "Transformer" funfair ride that basically does the same thing. It looks cool too during the day from the videos I've watched. Also plays Star Ward theme, I wonder how much that costs them...

Does anyone know the manufacturer and model of this "Transformer" ride?

• 2 months later...

RESURRECTION!

Our local fair is getting a KMG Freak Out this year (most exciting flat ride I've been on, shows how much I need to experience) and I was looking at videos of them... look how shiny!

Seems like american showmen always go with boring stock programs for their lights though... I could think of some awesome things to do with all those LEDs, but I understand why they don't bother wasting the time

That eventually led me to this, this thing is just crazy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wu2t8cmPdY

I would surely vomit before that thing was done having its way with me

I want to say Banshee, but I just can't find a good picture of it at night! The lighting adds so much to the ride though. Such amazing atmosphere around the station area.

I agree. Here's some:

Bli6YAACYAABgRR.jpg

BnPjnthCQAAPAhX.jpg

BnPjnuSCIAADzNN.jpg

BpAY03NCAAE4cVy.jpg

BupUY7GIUAA490q.jpg

But it really must be seen in real life.