TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Help me Pleeaaase!

Chrissie

Hey Y'all!

I've applied to be a Walt Disney World Castmember for Summer 2006 and today I got an email from the company I am applying through, saying that they have reviewed my CV(Resume) with great interest and that they want to call me for a 10-15 minute conversation!

I am sooooo nervous because Ive never done anything like this before and I really really want this job! (Watch out Florida...Lol)

I know some of u guys have worked for Disney or similar theme parks and I was wondering if u have any tips or anything that would impress them??

As I say, working for a Disney would be a dream come true and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Guys!! x x x

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a phone interview?

Talk clearly, don't use too many "umms" or "likes", try to stay away from slang. Be very enthusiastic, but professional. Express that you really want to work for the company, that it would be a great experience, etc.

I wouldn't bring up being a theme park enthusiast or anything like that. Just say you've always had an interest in theme parks and the Disney company.

Have a copy of your resume in front of you in case they refer to it.

Wait, what am I saying? They'll hire ANYONE.

I agree with everything Wes says! Having gone through the Disney Interview multiple times (I've worked for Disney three different times now!) the hardest part is to balance that you DO know a bit about Disney, but not to let on that you're a "disney freak."

They do like people who are familiar with Disney and the parks, but seem to shy away from "fanatics." (sorry Ted!)

But yeah, what Wes said, be enthusiastic, yet professional.

--Robb "From what I've seen of your posts here on the board, I think you'd do fine." Alvey

Thanks Nrthwind!!

Well They Called Me.. And I think it went pretty Well!!

They basically told me alot about the programme and that if I touch Alcohol while Im there I will get thrown out...Lol

Anyway, They asked me some pretty tough questions which I answered ok...I think, :? (I was pretty nervous)

"Why Do You Want To Work In WDW?"

"Tell me about a Time where u went out of your way to help someone"

"What would you do in a stressful situation, where 10 people were demanding ur help"

They then asked if I felt comfortable sharing a room with another person.

The trip is gonna cost me an arm and a leg, But I think it will be worth it!

They told me about the interview and said that they would email me with more details. Im not 100% sure if this means Im getting an interview, But keep your fingers crossed for me!

I too have an interview with Disney, only it is for a wildlife vet internship at Animal Kingdom. I'm really nervous about it and I heard it is very competitive. I have a friend who works in endocrinology there and she has promised to put in good words for me but still. The Disney image is something altogether different...

I worked for Disney back in 2003 for the College Program. It was a GREAT experience so I know you'll love it. It sounds like you are doing the college program anyways. Since you're an international student you'd be living at "The Commons" which is a really awesome apartment complex. As long as your yourself for the interview and are honest and know a thing or two about the company you should be fine. I mean seriously.. I ended up as one of two CP's at the front desk of the Grand after they stopped putting CP's there a few years prior!

I'd go back and do the program again in a heartbeat (and almost did this Jan) but I know it wouldn't be the same without the same roommates and everything. I was even talking to a friend this morning about how much we miss being down there! You dont make a lot of money but that's really NOT the point of the program!

Keep us updated on everything!

Eric

Thanks Eric!

Its great to speak to someone who has taken part in the program! I still havent heard back from them yet, but im keeping my fingers crossed!

There is one thing that concerns me slightly are the hours, Do u ever get used to them?? lol

• 5 weeks later...

Hey!

Just thought I would update u all on the WDW situation.

Had my interview today and to be honest im really not optimistic about it.

The woman who interviewed me didnt seem very interested in me at all and I left with a really bad feeling about it all.

Im trying to stay optimistic but u know its not looking Good.

Chrissie "Gutted" Stevenson

• 3 months later...

you said you'd have an interview? that's cool just you got an apply!

that means you have a chance to it?

OMG! VERY RARELY THING!

Chrissie, just all right you keep it cool but a little fun, that's a job you want.

don't take it seriously, you have a good sense of humor. all of them here think you're ok! YOU can make it!