TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mobile Friendly TPR

Hey everyone - to keep in line with Google's new "mobile friendly" requirements we have installed a new version of the front page that you will fine when browsing on a mobile device. Please check it out and let us know if it works for you. We are keeping it simple right now just so we can be in compliance. We may change it again down the road, but I doubt it since I *HATE* mobile versions of sites and we are only doing this because Google says we have to. But for now, here it is:

http://www.themeparkreview.com

(Open in a mobile browser)

image.thumb.jpg.dc9b7936934ca62fe8849e79b47be3fb.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks great to me!

This new algorithm is ridiculous. Your site always looked fine on a mobile device and with mobile devices improving to the point where websites can display on them just as well as they can on a desktop it makes no sense that Google has all of a sudden decided that this is a priority. I love the new mobile site but I'm sorry you had to build it.

Works great! Before I always had a bookmark right to the forums, didn't like going to the homepage on my phone. Now with the simple look and easy use I will definitely check out the front page more often!

This new algorithm is ridiculous. Your site always looked fine on a mobile device and with mobile devices improving to the point where websites can display on them just as well as they can on a desktop it makes no sense that Google has all of a sudden decided that this is a priority. I love the new mobile site but I'm sorry you had to build it.

This is my thought... *EXACTLY*

And why we are keeping it so simple and easy to get back to our normal page. I've never wanted a "mobile version" of TPR because I just didn't think we needed one. Now Google is telling us we do.

It looks pretty good, but the logo slogan is really small on smaller devices (like my ROCK SOLID iPhone 4S). I don't know if you can get two different header images working, but it might be ideal to just have "Theme Park Review" on the top of the mobile site without the slogan.

And why we are keeping it so simple and easy to get back to our normal page.

This is another awesome thing you did with this. I typically hate mobile sites (As you said, they are unneccesary as the old site worked), so this is a very nice feature,

Thank you for making a tolerable mobile site

It looks pretty good, but the logo slogan is really small on smaller devices (like my ROCK SOLID iPhone 4S). I don't know if you can get two different header images working, but it might be ideal to just have "Theme Park Review" on the top of the mobile site without the slogan.

I'm not even sure it's worth our time, to be honest. I ran this version through Google's "mobile friendly analyzer" and it spit out a huge THUMBS UP, so I'm good with that!

I am pleased with the mobile version. There was nothing wrong with the non-mobile version while accessing it one a mobile device, however the new one is nice. It makes it a little easier to access things on the front page, so that is an improvement. The site is just as amazing as always!! (Also, accessing the mobile site on an Android device.)

Yep, seems fine to me. Also, I appreciate the "Full Site" option being displayed up front. A lot of websites tend to either stick it at the bottom of the page or tucked away in options, which I can't stand.

Yup. That was a huge thing for me. Like I said, I *hate* mobile sites and the first thing I do when I'm on a mobile site is good look for the "full site" button. I didn't want anyone to have to go looking for it.