TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2015!

Wow what a contrast today was to yesterday. At Magic Mountain it took a good half hour for most of the GP lines to clear out and we were rushing to criss cross opposite sides of the park and get in what rides we could in time to end at Twisted Colossus. (A friendly middle finger to the Orient Express op who told us it would close at 9 prompting us to climb the hill at 9:30 to find it running at the top)

Sunday at Knotts was totally different. There were a smaller number of attendees to start with I think, and it felt like a good chunk left well before the end of ERT. Everything was a complete walk on, all but xcelerator were empty stations. Glad I did Xcelerator first at 7pm cause there was some kind of power surge that knocked it out for the night at about 8:30. In the 2 hours of ERT I did Xcelerator x2, Coast Rider x1, Boomerang x1 (why?), Log Ride I lost count...something like 10, and about the same on Iron Reef.

Oh by the way the tips that were given at the Q&A for Iron Reef totally worked. On morning ERT I was averaging 70,000. After the Q&A I went to night ERT and used their advice and scored 235,000 and 236,000 on my highest and averaged something like 175k on most of my other runs. I even did a couple runs where my car was empty so I played two players at once and averaged about 100k on each hand...that was pretty fun. For those that didn't hear the tips, it was #1 always hit the compass rose medallions first, #2 be the one to deal the death blow to the final boss, and #3 the farther away something is the more points its worth - so ignore the stuff up close. The medallions always come up in the same place too, so once you remember it those get easier.

All the employees at KBF were so friendly, during ERT I made sure to thank every one that I saw for working late for us.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no words to express how happy I am after these two days of WCB! It was my first time on both parks, and it couldn't have been better than visiting with TPR! Thank you Robb, Elissa and everybody who was involved in the creation of this awesome event!

I still can't believe that I rode Xcelerator 14 TIMES today! I'm sure this was one of the best weekends I've ever had!

Now I'm going to sleep with a big smile on my face. Thank you very very very much, guys! And I hope to see you again real soon!

Well, Post event depression is setting in. After a crazy 2 days in SoCal and a red eye flight home i am sitting at my desk exhausted and sad. The event was one of the best i have done! Thanks again to Robb and Elissa for an awesome event, it was so great to catch up with everyone and its so sad we all only get to meet up once or twice a year

Wow. What an amazing and exhausting couple of days but it was worth it for such an amazing event.

BIG thanks to Robb, Elissa and everyone at TPR who put in so much time & effort to put this on for us, and of course SFMM and KBF for hosting it and opening their doors to us. Looking forward to doing it all again next year!

Lucky me getting on Xcelerator at 8:25 before it died, haha.

I was almost thinking the same thing. I had planned on doing Coast Rider first for ERT, but since it died at about 6:55, I headed to the next closest thing which was XCelerator and got on the last public and first ERT trains of the night. Sunset view from the top is pretty awesome.

I was on my way back for another round of XCelerator at about 8:40 when I heard it was down so I ended my night with a second mini marathon on the tm log ride

Lucky me getting on Xcelerator at 8:25 before it died, haha.

I was almost thinking the same thing. I had planned on doing Coast Rider first for ERT, but since it died at about 6:55, I headed to the next closest thing which was XCelerator and got on the last public and first ERT trains of the night. Sunset view from the top is pretty awesome.

I was on my way back for another round of XCelerator at about 8:40 when I heard it was down so I ended my night with a second mini marathon on the tm log ride

well i guess that was me you sat next to. lol

I echo what everyone has said already...a great weekend at both parks...I love how we can beat each other up on these Forums and then have such a tremendous time together sharing a passion for all things weird and TPR related as a collective group...it was such a friendly and diverse group of folks I encountered each day along with my son...ERT was tremendous...had such a great chat, albeit brief, with the German couple here for their honeymoon on Sat night in line for SM...you are wonderful people and I hope you enjoy your week here in the States...great discussions over Dinner and ERT last night at KBF with others...thank you Robb and Elissa!

Ten reasons why hard work, excellent planning, generosity and amazing cooperation between Knott's management & staff, Robb, and Elissa made for an event that exceeded expectations:

1. Event checkin began early with free parking to ensure everyone who wished could do the backstage tours

2. Visit to the Ghostrider turnaround allowed you to talk with the decision maker himself about the coaster

3. Visit under Sierra Sidewinder allowed you to talk with a senior ride mechanic about the ride or any others

4. 2 hours of morning ERT on all ERT-desirable attractions that could be practically operated meant plenty of rides

5. Great buffet AYCE lunch in nice, covered themed pavilion with Knott's famous chicken, boysenberry pie and unlimited drinks including the berry punch

6. Dozens of interesting used ride parts given away to dozens of friendly people (who in turn entertained everyone at lunch)

7. Attractive included t-shirt promoted Knott's cool new ride, at an event that was just $39 for a passholder (!)

8. Ability to ask management any question at all...all of which were read (and many answered!) in a lively, funny Q&A session in A/C, newly reseated theater

9. Cool walkthrough of a Scary Farm maze with the people who created it at timed intervals to minimize waiting around

10. Group picture taken up on the (bouncy!) Stunt Show stage, printed and given to you free

11. Even more ERT on more rides, and a bunch of details that I didn't notice (even though I needed an extra reason to get this far!)

Thanks guys...I appreciate everything you did, and it couldn't have been better!

Had one of the best time at WCB ever! Thanks again Robb and Elissa for your time and effort you guys put into this event year after year. I gotta say though, despite SFMM stepping up their game from last year with behind the scenes tours of TC. the crowd starting off heading into morning ERT seemed a lot calmer and mellow this year. Not necessarily a bad thing but it definitely was lacking the same level of dynamism I saw last time with everyone chanting YOLO after storming the park entrance. At least that's the vibe I picked up, anyone else notice the same thing?

Oh and BTW Twisted Colossus was absolutely incredible!! Great to finally have an airtime machine in Southern California.

Robb and Elissa did an amazing job. Thank you again for everything! This trip was a blast. This was my first time doing an event like this, so I was so surprised how nice and awesome everyone one. TC was beautiful! One of the most craziest but funnest roller coasters I've been on in a long time. I have several bruises on my thighs and calves from the restraints (I'm sure from that ride).

1.thumb.jpg.3b0073de1df1fc4bbed13a61a7c11ab9.jpg

I'm the one that's pointing (photo bombing). That's Sarah who's looking classy!

2.jpg.9c903fd2933406523cb82bd17fefb360.jpg

TC Backstage.

3.jpg.55bbcae6d9fc66106ee0705e1f51d4dc.jpg

TC Backstage again.

4.jpg.82234aaef76704a3778d7cb420cfcb00.jpg

TC Backstage.

5.jpg.46246264a2bd5c0c8b4914320548ac3f.jpg

Myself and singemfrc posing for YoloCoaster.

Anyone else sore as hell after those two days? Man they were awesome and worth it

My daughter was sooooo happy to have got a Monte road wheel

Every day has been leg day for the past several days. My thighs and calves have bruises from the restraints of the SFMM rides. I think they were from TC.

I, too, want to add my thanks for a terrific time at West Coast Bash! Also being a newbie and having this as my first TPR event I found myself very impressed with the parks, the way we were treated, the special tours and the exceptional professionalism and organization of the West Coast Bash 2015.

Thank You Robb and Elissa and to all who made this possible, including the parks!!!

This may have been my first trip with TPR but it certainly won't be my last.

I got a chunk of Colossus, some terrific photos and memories, and met some great people. Also I promise to get off my butt and do a rooster impersonation so I can take home a wheel, dangit!

Thanks again, everyone!

I had SUCH an amazing time. What made the trip even more memorable was taking my friend who hadn't been to SFMM or Knotts in 20+ years. Seeing his reactions, screams, and laughs while riding all these world class coasters was the best. I'm bummed I missed out on the lunch time games and contests (I heard you all got a good laugh out of my absence ), but the heat/sun and adrenaline took a toll on my friend so we had to recoup at the hotel room. I cannot wait until next year! A HUGE thank you to the Alvey's and every one else involved in making another memorable WCB!!!

Had one of the best time at WCB ever! Thanks again Robb and Elissa for your time and effort you guys put into this event year after year. I gotta say though, despite SFMM stepping up their game from last year with behind the scenes tours of TC. the crowd starting off heading into morning ERT seemed a lot calmer and mellow this year. Not necessarily a bad thing but it definitely was lacking the same level of dynamism I saw last time with everyone chanting YOLO after storming the park entrance. At least that's the vibe I picked up, anyone else notice the same thing?

Oh and BTW Twisted Colossus was absolutely incredible!! Great to finally have an airtime machine in Southern California.

This was a really nice surprise for me. I was getting all geared up to do some sort of running of the bulls, but it didn't happen. Instead, it was calm, civilized, and completely pleasant. I loved that the day started out this way. Instead of arriving at TC all out of breath, I got to enjoy some nice conversation with my friend during a leisurely walk. Definitely a great way to start the day.

I'll join everyone else in giving a big thank you to Robb and Elissa. The event was great, and the amount of work put into it was quite evident. Thank you again, can't wait until next time!

This was a really nice surprise for me. I was getting all geared up to do some sort of running of the bulls, but it didn't happen. Instead, it was calm, civilized, and completely pleasant. I loved that the day started out this way. Instead of arriving at TC all out of breath, I got to enjoy some nice conversation with my friend during a leisurely walk. Definitely a great way to start the day.

I'll join everyone else in giving a big thank you to Robb and Elissa. The event was great, and the amount of work put into it was quite evident. Thank you again, can't wait until next time!

You're not too far from my neck of the woods! Norcal!!!!!

Let's post a few of the live tweets we made from West Coast Bash at Knott's Berry Farm! Thank you everyone who contributed photos!

IMG_3642.thumb.JPG.24c70a25e897f3c5df071c802ecfc044.JPGGood morning @Knotts Berry Farm! If you're here for West Coast Bash tag your photos with: #KNOTTSWCB

COyicXOUAAAagRG.jpg:large

Here are the die-hards that came out early morning to be first to the backstage tours!

IMG_3649.thumb.JPG.ba1e6702aa6104bef2f31ed83a6eab20.JPG

Here's the map where all the West Coast Bash fun will take place!

COyi1iOU8AAi7jx.jpg:large

Ah yes, morning wood (roller coaster)

Sweet backstage photo op of Ghost Rider! Thanks @knotts!

COyiup3VAAAYIl6.jpg:large

COyiupzUAAABrwf.jpg:large

COyiup7UcAAzMD7.jpg:large

COyhbKfUkAAZyma.jpg:large

Some of the trophies Ghost Rider has collected from riders!

COyg249UkAAwcuo.jpg:large

Ready for the Sierra Sidewinder backstage tour.

COygdI7VEAAkJN4.jpg:large

Panorama of Ghost Rider!!!

Sierra Sidewidner backstage tour!

COyrKpQUcAAs9vQ.jpg:large

COyfdVTUAAA9He4.jpg:large

COyfdVHUYAM1kcG.jpg:large

COyrKpVU8AANzz4.jpg:large

COyrKpYUYAQ1M7y.jpg:large

COyrKqSUwAArL0z.jpg:large

CO0oLzTUsAAsYGl.jpg:large

Very cool getting this close to Ghostrider!

COyxtbWUwAA71Nx.jpg:large

COyxtb6VAAAKX6P.jpg:large

COyxtbcUsAAJdm7.jpg:large

COyyKPDUwAE1Ew0.jpg:large

Nothing like Supreme Scream and Xcelerator to wake you up in the morning!

COyx9GuUwAAOwSK.jpg:large

COyx9GtUcAANvbg.jpg:large

COyx9GzUYAAHjGk.jpg:large

COytmSUVAAAMxrP.jpg:large

Bob is ready to go.

IMG_3658.thumb.JPG.a23cc20289062c5216db507bf8033efb.JPG

Silver Bullet ERT!

COyrmVRU8AQwa2Y.jpg:large

COyrmqCUcAARRA9.jpg:large

Hot hot diarrhea!

COyrapEUwAAkOwV.jpg:large

Arrived at #Knotts for sunrise!

COyni04U8AA8WFy.jpg:large

Checking-in @Knotts West Coast Bash; thanking #KnottsWCB organizer Robb "Coaster God" Alvey with his Starbucks order!

COy0_uXVEAEZbtg.jpg:large

Kristen making sure the fattys fit in the coasters @Knotts!

COy4xQKUYAEs8Q6.jpg:large

Photo inside of Ghostrider's structure.

TPR fighting it out on Iron Reef @Knotts to get the highest score!

COy9DVzUcAAhJ0f.jpg:large

COy9DVyUkAEnKaS.jpg:large

COy9DV1UAAAafao.jpg:large

COy9h3UUwAAb7-_.jpg:large

No line for Montezooma! This is why I love #KNOTTSWCB

COy9ZIIUsAAvk0y.jpg:large

Happy riders

COy9OggUsAEJlug.jpg:large

Xcelerator kicking butt this morning!

IMG_3661.thumb.JPG.5ff8e3844400bf71f290a1b0934b9ac3.JPG

Best coaster in the park!

Check out our #KnottsIronReef scores!

COzAENeUwAEWRGL.jpg:large

COzAENgUwAEnIp9.jpg:large

COzAENjVAAAyMkU.jpg:large

COzAEObUsAAzzan.jpg:large

#KnottsIronReef was GREAT! So impressed with this dark ride!

COzCvu0U8AEWQN0.jpg:large

COzCvwxUAAAtJ7Z.jpg:large

COzCvujUkAA3F3i.jpg:large

COzCvukUsAAY_Lb.jpg:large

Just had one of our best rides on Calico Mine Ride ever! Thanks Jake!

COzKUB7VAAAp5mc.jpg:large

COzKUCAUYAAiUCv.jpg:large

IMG_3749.thumb.JPG.5107037c08ebb2555db192cb9f1ddd15.JPG

COzKUC2UwAAmcsG.jpg:large

IMG_3796.thumb.JPG.816f8a9fc1f9400cd2f24d104d8942b4.JPG

IMG_3797.thumb.JPG.72157aa7b88c1757afc1eb7933137781.JPG

No visit to Knott's Berry Farm is complete without a ride on the Timber Mountain Log Ride!

IMG_3664.thumb.JPG.5f062b577851213036670ffdd24bcc5f.JPG

Everyone of all shapes, sizes, and ages can enjoy Montezooma's Revenge!

COzJBObUAAA6Goe.jpg:large

Two solo rides in a row on the flyers! Awesome!

COzHgWfVAAAxqJ2.jpg:large

On the Calico Mine Ride @CoasterJake and @TkRaptor are getting very close!

COzGXm9VAAArm0p.jpg:large

What a fun themed dark ride!

COzPvwYUEAATYsI.jpg:large

Snoopy joins nearly 300 awesome theme park geeks @Knotts Berry Farm West Coast Bash!

COzVEL-UEAAWV9e.jpg:large

Oh, no! David!!! Watch out for the train!!! #GhostRider backstage tour @Knotts!

You know what's insanely delicious @Knotts? Frozen Boysenberry Punch! OMG!!!

COzWIgnUkAAFr7o.jpg:large

COzWIg1UEAAPhUJ.jpg:large

Snoopy loves hanging out with TPR members! @Knotts West Coast Bash!

COza_QYUsAA5jCQ.jpg:large

COza_Q2U8AAtBFi.jpg:large

IMG_3799.thumb.JPG.8d837d6559a6874495aaeec1b1064ee2.JPG

Proof that Snoopy will hang out with ANYONE!

COzbnjYUsAAgFBt.jpg:large

Deanna, Darrell and I loved the Butterfield Stagecoach.

COzbA6RUAAAlkcz.jpg:large

Having a relaxing stagecoach ride.

COzZ53xVEAEHC-J.jpg:large

Hanging with snoopy!! Thank you for an amazing morning, more to come!

Just a few fun photos from Piano John!

COzYOMVVEAA4nRY.jpg:large

COzYOMlUsAE7ji4.jpg:large

COzYOM0UwAArn0m.jpg:large

COzYONYUAAA-Zv9.jpg:large

Getting evac'ed off Iron Reef means private backstage tour! @Knotts #KNOTTSWCB This is soooo cool!

COzd5crUwAAtV3k.jpg:large

COzd5dFU8AEce6V.jpg:large

COzd5deUEAAr8Au.jpg:large

COzd5d3VEAAIUPf.jpg:large

COzzZOxUsAERu2t.jpg:large

TPR quest contestants are ready to play!

CO33X_kU8AAJ9uv.jpg:large

Up for grabs is lots of roller coaster parts!

TPR quest is underway with air guitars, human pyramids and kidnapping Jeff Tucker!

COz4BNnVEAA49QN.jpg:large

COz4BNzVAAAwQTh.jpg:large

COz4BN8UsAA6SvN.jpg:large

COz4BOrUsAA1zmk.jpg:large

CO1bkYEUAAAiz0D.jpg:large

CO1bkYGUYAAu2tP.jpg:large

This was seriously one of my favorite West Coast Bash moments ever!

IMG_3900.thumb.JPG.931baa5deb1bc4e25fb8f006dc568886.JPG

IMG_3929.thumb.JPG.a64d813ce42394553ce12127e642f52d.JPG

And yes, this happened...we made some people eat some pie!

COz-gxHVEAAALYP.jpg:large

COz-gxWUcAAJZ9T.jpg:large

COz-gzoUwAECyUR.jpg:large

COz-g8PVEAAwvdw.jpg:large

TPR Quest contestants winning coaster parts!

CO0JHKaUEAAg3SS.jpg:large

Mooo!

CO0HIZHUAAA7n_4.jpg:large

Won a Silver Bullet wheel thanks to @ThemeParkReview and @knotts!

CO0CY5lVAAADx6e.jpg:large

Riding another @knotts classic, the Sky Cabin.

CO0AsxXUAAAj5ib.jpg:large

Awesome prizes from #KNOTTSWCB!! Ghost rider cover and Boomerang chain dog!

COz_HegUsAAkQ6q.jpg:large

Montezooma's Revenge cable socket part! Won during the TPR Quest!

CO0LlQ3UAAAZMDH.jpg:large

The epic @Knotts #KNOTTSWCB Q&A and Scary Farm presentation is about to begin!

Jeff Tucker is here to MC the #KNOTTSWCB Haunt Presentation!

CO0NUSXVEAIz_wt.jpg:large

CO0NUScUwAA2_NK.jpg:large

CO0NUSdUYAAuMPn.jpg:large

CO0NUTQUAAEE-kL.jpg:large

CO0NxhUUAAA-_8X.jpg:large

Voodoo will feature a new ending @Knotts Scary Farm.

CO0OJRtUYAEN0Vz.jpg:large

Special Ops Infected will be a single much longer path this year with more zombies. @Knotts Scary Farm

CO0PLCAVAAEjiWV.jpg:large

CO0PLCJVEAQHd0X.jpg:large

Dead of Winter is what happens when Frozen meets horror and it looks AWESOME!!!

CO0PqK6UsAAQxJz.jpg:large

CO0PqLAUEAIWKD5.jpg:large

My Bloody Clementine is the return of haunting Calico Mine Train to @Knotts Scary Farm!

IMG_4004.thumb.JPG.0ca21cf7010ffd8f2810a2fb7399b2ae.JPG

IMG_4005.thumb.JPG.5ced575f6f3b44abae4acb227b4e2cff.JPG

Some VERY serious questions gets asked during the Q&A session!

Behind the scenes at VooDoo!

CO0sXS7VAAIYZKW.jpg:large

CO0sXS6VEAAaP0f.jpg:large

CO0sXTYUYAAlo5M.jpg:large

CO0sXVaVEAEiM_I.jpg:large

Thank you thank you thank you Knotts for LIVE entertainment!

CO0oTywUsAAsmer.jpg:large

CO0oTzAUsAAHlG5.jpg:large

CO0oTzSUwAAJqx2.jpg:large

CO0oTzqUwAAcYpl.jpg:large

CO0uBDaUAAEPH_g.jpg:large

Awesome backstage tour of Knott's Scary Farm during #knottswcb

Loved our backstage tour of VooDoo! Can't wait for @knottsscaryfarm!

CO0vdK5UsAAPQh-.jpg:large

CO0vdLFUkAEgz2v.jpg:large

CO0vdLaUcAAY5rC.jpg:large

Backstage Tours are what set the TPR Events apart...

CO011aYUYAEp-e1.jpg:large

CO011a_UkAAtYq_.jpg:large

CO0QyMFUYAAuHh0.jpg:large

The reason we are all here, Jeff Tucker's jacket!

#KnottsWCB a gorgeous day riding rides and seeing shows!

COzr9NEUcAAuJrw.jpg:large

COzr9NWVEAAjQMz.jpg:large

COzr9NsUEAA-PQo.jpg:large

COzr9OFVEAASfdu.jpg:large

COzpr3_UsAAiOQ8.jpg:large

I can't resist the temptation of the boysenberry pie!

COzj5CrVAAAygoO.jpg:large

IMG_3846.thumb.JPG.b274e87527ecd0c3989dfff8ae723b19.JPG

The fried chicken @knotts never disappoints!

COzfjPyVAAAR1sn.jpg:large

Still one of my favorite places at @knotts.

COzeF-gUsAANTbZ.jpg:large

Smisty is on a mission to eat every boysenberry item she can find @knotts.

CO09WIKUAAAi1HG.jpg:large

ge thanks to @Knotts management & Scary Farm team for the awesome Q&A session!

CO1B8_BUYAElpCJ.jpg:large

One last ride on Silver Bullet before ERT tonight!

CO1ElXSUwAAYURx.jpg:large

CO1ElXTU8AAFIrU.jpg:large

Interesting to see some markings already on the GhostRider tracks!

Starting night ERT on log ride!

CO1FnWxUwAEO401.jpg:large

CO1FnXAUAAADsrO.jpg:large

CO1He5hUAAE18P8.jpg:large

ERT + New Credit = Win!

CO1MuvzU8AExR7v.jpg:large

This is what night ert looks like!

Getting our ERT on #KnottsIronReef...here's our scores! #KNOTTSWCB

CO1Qd4AUEAEQIfJ.jpg:large

CO1Qd4AU8AA2Qix.jpg:large

CO1Qd4vUkAAmIpW.jpg:large

CO1J8IfUEAAh_LI.jpg:large

TPR takeover of Log Ride!!!

CO1QdpWUwAAl2t4.jpg:large

Beautiful night for ert! Thanks for everything!!

CO1S75zUEAEWCq_.jpg:large

It's getting real during ERT

CO1T36tUEAAlm8C.jpg:large

Nighttime on Xcelerator--oh, yeah!

CO1hvxOUwAA4IoH.jpg:large

Amazing night time ride!

CO1T8GpUEAABaz8.jpg:large

Ending the night with a final front seat ride on Xcelerator!

CO1dQxsUsAAJMds.jpg:large

Wonderful day at @knottsberryfarm thank you @themeparkreview for #knottswcb amazing event!!

CO1ayxrUkAAhRUz.jpg:large

And that's a wrap for ERT!!! Thanks TPR!!! #KNOTTSWCB was a blast!!!

CO1V-afU8AAaL1R.jpg:large

Farewell, Knott's! Absolutely fantastic day with @ThemeParkReview for #KnottsWCB! Huge huge thanks!!!!!!

CO33X_iUAAADs0A.jpg:large

Huge thanks to Meghan & Diana for all their help organizing West Coast Bash!

IMG_3791.thumb.JPG.f49b53c6cfd34d4cf7a4ff60322c2687.JPG

Thank you Knott's for an AWESOME DAY!!!!

CalicoSystem.jpg.3161cd9071a39be0eebe895dc6940ee0.jpg

Inertiatic.nltrack

MiniRocket.jpg.22395f4aab4ec96de496cc047f71d2f1.jpg

What an amazing day at Knott's. You guys made the day flawless. A big thank you to TPR and Knott's (and SFMM for the people who went that day. Thanks, stomach ) for putting this on and making it awesome!

NOTE: There's no disagreeing on having a Boysenberry Icee. Those things are addictively good.

NOTE 2: And holy crap was Iron Reef a great ride.

NOTE 3: Same still goes for Timber Mountain Log Ride. SIDDOWN!