TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2015!

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robb,

On the dress code for the parks, I understand about wearing a Six Flags shirt to Knotts. Can we wear a Six Flags Over Texas shirt to Magic Mountain or would that fall into the catagory of a different park?

As for weather, "It Never Rains In Southern California."

I'd be interested if they let us take unbalanced rides on Green Lantern.

Unbalanced rides on ZacSpins are insane. Especially if you get two people on one side and no one on the other! You are in for a very very intense ride cycle if that happens, but I have heard that this is not possible at SFMM.

Its possible, I've had it happen, but its not likely on this trip since GL isnt on the ERT menu this time around.

I have heard that not many people like GL, is this true? If so, what would the line be like for an unbalanced ride?

I have heard that not many people like GL, is this true? If so, what would the line be like for an unbalanced ride?
It is extremely polarizing. There is a vocal group that includes me that loves the ride and the more unbalanced the better, but there is an equally vocal group that just can't stand the whole ride and avoids it at all cost. It usually comes down to comfort..some people complain it is extremely painful, others like me don't find it the least bit uncomfortable.

I imagine the line for GL would be relatively short for ERT because a lot of the TPR group has already ridden it and there's probably more people that would avoid it than love it like me. Perhaps if they were guaranteeing unbalanced rides a few other people might ride than otherwise would, but not significantly I'd guess.

It is extremely polarizing. There is a vocal group that includes me that loves the ride and the more unbalanced the better, but there is an equally vocal group that just can't stand the whole ride and avoids it at all cost. It usually comes down to comfort..some people complain it is extremely painful, others like me don't find it the least bit uncomfortable.

I imagine the line for GL would be relatively short for ERT because a lot of the TPR group has already ridden it and there's probably more people that would avoid it than love it like me. Perhaps if they were guaranteeing unbalanced rides a few other people might ride than otherwise would, but not significantly I'd guess.

Great news for me. Ever since the opening day video I have really wanted to ride it. Now with all the others coming out (the 4th dimensional ones) how are they stacking up to this one? Are those uncomfortable as well?

I didn't follow the hate on SLCs and found out for myself. But you have to ride everything at least once, except I am not a kiddie credit whore.

Great news for me. Ever since the opening day video I have really wanted to ride it. Now with all the others coming out (the 4th dimensional ones) how are they stacking up to this one? Are those uncomfortable as well?

I didn't follow the hate on SLCs and found out for myself. But you have to ride everything at least once, except I am not a kiddie credit whore.

The new ones from S&S are completely different, they do not have the same issues that the Intamin ones did at all due to a completely different center of gravity.

The new ones from S&S are completely different, they do not have the same issues that the Intamin ones did at all due to a completely different center of gravity.

Isn't it sort of interesting that the Intamin ones in Europe also don't seem to have any issues either? I mean Insane is just an INCREDIBLE ride at Grona Lund. What happened to Green Lantern? Why did SFMM have to go and mess with it?

Out of curiosity, how many of you are thinking about getting a Flash Pass (especially now that we have 10% off)?

-Jason

I would recommend it to anyone coming in from out of town who doesn't get to the park that often. Keep in mind I think we have ERT on all the "Platinum" coasters, so you could probably get away with getting a Gold one for the day. I expect the park to be fairly busy, and if you're not a local who doesn't go that often, I personally feel it's worth the investment.

Out of curiosity, how many of you are thinking about getting a Flash Pass (especially now that we have 10% off)?

-Jason

I would recommend it to anyone coming in from out of town who doesn't get to the park that often. Keep in mind I think we have ERT on all the "Platinum" coasters, so you could probably get away with getting a Gold one for the day. I expect the park to be fairly busy, and if you're not a local who doesn't go that often, I personally feel it's worth the investment.

I'm considering getting the Gold Flash Pass but if I end up with a group that's mostly non-pass holders that could be a bummer. Percentage of people getting a Flash Pass for Saturday ... anyone willing to make a guess?

Flash Pass or beer, Flash Pass or beer, Flash Pass or beer ... ?

Isn't it sort of interesting that the Intamin ones in Europe also don't seem to have any issues either? I mean Insane is just an INCREDIBLE ride at Grona Lund. What happened to Green Lantern? Why did SFMM have to go and mess with it?

IIRC, anytime a car returning back into the station was "righted" upside-down instead of right-side up by the ride mechanism, the ride ops had to call maintenance as they are not allowed to walk over and right the cars themselves, unlike in Europe. I rode it a lot when it was new, and there would be a lot of downtime due to having to wait for maintenance. Over the course of marathon, there were multiple times where I had to wait at least 10 minutes for maintenance to come right the car. The whole making the cars heavier thing doesn't make much sense to me as this still happens (although not as common), but this is SFMM we're talking about.

Maybe this will be a question for management on Saturday.

IIRC, anytime a car returning back into the station was "righted" upside-down instead of right-side up by the ride mechanism, the ride ops had to call maintenance as they are not allowed to walk over and right the cars themselves, unlike in Europe. I rode it a lot when it was new, and there would be a lot of downtime due to having to wait for maintenance. Over the course of marathon, there were multiple times where I had to wait at least 10 minutes for maintenance to come right the car. The whole making the cars heavier thing doesn't make much sense to me as this still happens (although not as common), but this is SFMM we're talking about.

Maybe this will be a question for management on Saturday.

That may have been the case initially, but I have personally seen line operators manually right it several times in the last year. If it can't right itself, they just throw a vest on and fix it themselves.

SFMM sells beer? I thought they stopped when they removed Spillikin Corner.

I have absolutely no idea since the last time I was at SFMM was about ... a LONG time ago! All I know is that On-Site or Off-Site, there's a cold beverage waiting with my name on it eager to be appreciated. And California Adventures has beer now, why not SFMM, eh?

Edited by milford

-Jason

I'm considering getting the Gold Flash Pass but if I end up with a group that's mostly non-pass holders that could be a bummer. Percentage of people getting a Flash Pass for Saturday ... anyone willing to make a guess?

I never buy it ahead of time unless I know I'm going on a day I shouldn't, like on labor day saturday or something, but I'm always prepared to get one if I get there and it's out of hand. As Robb pointed out though, most of the coasters that draw the longest lines are on ERT: Twisted Colossus, X2, Goliath, Tatsu, YOLO, Lex Luthor, Superman, and Scream though it doesnt usually have long waits (and Viper never does). Two of the remaining rides have single rider lines: Green Lantern and Riddler's Revenge.

That leaves only Batman, Apocalypse, and maybe Ninja with a potential for a longer wait if it's on one train ops.