TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2015!

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just booked the Good Nite Inn for two nights in Buena Park. I hope it's not too bad. I'll have to drive to Knotts but the room was only $65 a night.

where it's located is nice because it's away from beach blvd. should be nice and quiet. i used to work just across the street.

Im actually thinking of hoping over to hurricane harbor in the afternoon. Especially with six flags day not usually having anything after lunch, it would be the perfect time to jump over to hurricane harbor cool off and go back to the park for night ert

We were thinking the same but were concerned the re-entry stamp might wear off in the H2O and we wouldn't be able to get back in for the evening. Can anyone chime in whether this Is a legit concern or nothing to worry about?

Im actually thinking of hoping over to hurricane harbor in the afternoon. Especially with six flags day not usually having anything after lunch, it would be the perfect time to jump over to hurricane harbor cool off and go back to the park for night ert

We were thinking the same but were concerned the re-entry stamp might wear off in the H2O and we wouldn't be able to get back in for the evening. Can anyone chime in whether this Is a legit concern or nothing to worry about?

It's not a legit concern. Besides, you'll also have your park ticket for the day.

I wonder if I'll be able to get solo rides on Goliath and YOLOcoaster while everyone else attacks TC.

Also, scratch the idea for IHOP Sunday morning. They open when check in starts.

Best case you'll be riding with me, cause that's my plan too. I'm headed to YOLO first, then Goliath. It would be kind of funny in an odd way if 100% of people took Robb's advice and TC was deserted for morning ERT. I'm betting it will be nice and even though.

If anyone didn't get a ticket for SFMM only, I had a guest cancel pretty last minute and will have an extra (SF Passholder) ticket for sale, face value only, first come first served. Posting this in WCB and SFMM threads, I hope that's not too obnoxious.

Edited by singemfrc

^^ What's funny is I'm not even a big fan of Goliath. It's fun and all but I find it to be very "meh." It'd just be awesome to ride solo.

Hmm, what are the odds we can convince the ride ops on YOLO to give us a rollback?

Hmm, what are the odds we can convince the ride ops on YOLO to give us a rollback?

Me love them long time if they did...I don't think it's that easy to do manually though except if it was already close maybe by how you configure weight in the train. I've seen rollbacks on the second launch but never the first on YOLO.

Me love them long time if they did...I don't think it's that easy to do manually though except if it was already close maybe by how you configure weight in the train. I've seen rollbacks on the second launch but never the first on YOLO.

i've rolled back on the second launch. we flew through the tunnel and didn't stop. so still got the same amount of launches. we got to go again without getting up, so that was fun. that was opening day.

Got the e-mail and I'm excited for everything that's going on, but due to stomach problems, I will not ride any of the coasters in the park. I might ride some of the rides like Timber Mountain and/or Iron Reef for the challenge, but you'll mostly see me roaming around the park.

Not a frequent poster here, but in need of WCB advice from all of you. It looks like an amazing event, and I'm super pumped. I only have tickets for the SFMM day for me and a friend, however, he just came upon a family emergency and will be busy that morning. He's trying to transfer or sell his ticket to one of my friends, but that isn't working out, so either I will go in the morning solo and meet up with him after lunch, or both go out after lunch and miss the spectacular morning ERT, as well as breakfast and lunch. My last WCB was probably 2011 or so, so I'd like to ask some of you more experienced WCBers (WCBers?) about what the best choice would be. I'd rather not go solo all morning, or pay the gas money and parking to drive up alone (I'm in Anaheim) so I'm looking at other options, such as making friends who may want to carpool/ hang out. And I figured everyone is pretty cool around here, so no harm in asking. Thanks in advance!

Not a frequent poster here, but in need of WCB advice from all of you. It looks like an amazing event, and I'm super pumped. I only have tickets for the SFMM day for me and a friend, however, he just came upon a family emergency and will be busy that morning. He's trying to transfer or sell his ticket to one of my friends, but that isn't working out, so either I will go in the morning solo and meet up with him after lunch, or both go out after lunch and miss the spectacular morning ERT, as well as breakfast and lunch. My last WCB was probably 2011 or so, so I'd like to ask some of you more experienced WCBers (WCBers?) about what the best choice would be. I'd rather not go solo all morning, or pay the gas money and parking to drive up alone (I'm in Anaheim) so I'm looking at other options, such as making friends who may want to carpool/ hang out. And I figured everyone is pretty cool around here, so no harm in asking. Thanks in advance!

No worries. Looks like there will be lots of solo folks attending -- such as I -- so at worst we'll form our own roving gang of riders.

As for breakfast on Sunday ... I'm out. I'll be driving down from SFMM that morning so a 6:30 AM start time will already be a challenge.

See y'all there!

My first time riding YOLO last year, we launched into the first loop, were pretty much completely upside down, and rolled back into the station. It was incredible. The coaster nerd in me hadn't even considered the possibility before hand but as it was happening, I was so calm (compared to most everyone else in my car who were freaking out) and knew how special that was! Very cool moment.

I'd be interested if they let us take unbalanced rides on Green Lantern.

Unbalanced rides on ZacSpins are insane. Especially if you get two people on one side and no one on the other! You are in for a very very intense ride cycle if that happens, but I have heard that this is not possible at SFMM.

I'd be interested if they let us take unbalanced rides on Green Lantern.

Unbalanced rides on ZacSpins are insane. Especially if you get two people on one side and no one on the other! You are in for a very very intense ride cycle if that happens, but I have heard that this is not possible at SFMM.

Its possible, I've had it happen, but its not likely on this trip since GL isnt on the ERT menu this time around.

I am unable to make Sunday's West Coast Bash day at Knott's this year and was hoping to sell it to someone who can go. With paypal fees the ticket came to $69.00 (non-season passholder).

If you are interested send me an email to Kevin.Wilen@gmail.com, or reply here. Again, this is just for Sunday at Knott's Berry Farm, I will still be attending Magic Mountain!

Thanks!