TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2015!

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Camper tonight. Just saw my e-mail tonight indicating that were some just released available tickets for the SFMM date for the WCB and guess what...I'm in! So exited. Just booked my r/t air from Washington DC. I have not been to the west coast in 6 years so I am so way over due. If the Sunday Knotts event wasn't already sold out, I'd be going to that too. It's my first TPR event and I'm looking forward to meet some new coaster peeps. Thanks TPR. Renie Hale.

Really looking forward to the event this year. I'm coming all the way from sunny and hot South Florida. Always appreciative of the parks and robb jumping thru hoops to have events like this. This will be my third or fourth West Coast Bash, I think I came to the first one after X opened, then another one after Tatsu opened ( or maybe that was the first one and X was already opened can't remember. not sure how many years its been happening now ), then 2 years ago when Full Throttle opened and now with Twisted Colossus I'm super pumped to ride that!!!

2 years ago at Knotts I logged 50 rides on Xcellerator ERT ( 25 in the morning and 25 at night ) !! Not sure that will happen again with a sell out.. but hey it was fun and I was high off adrenaline!! I"m thrilled Goliath is running. I love Goliath at night!!

Just wish I could find someone crazy enough do take random non sightseeing trips like this that cost a little bit much with me on a whim but oh well..

See everyone in 9 days!!

Paul

I have a question that hopefully someone can offer some insight on...

So SFMM is having a flash sale for their season pass, for $71.99 with a free upgrade to gold. I have already purchased 2 WCB SFMM non-season pass tickets. Will the cost of upgrading those tickets to a season pass, or gold season pass, actually be more than $71.99 on 9/12? Has anyone done this at past WCB events? I'm not all that interested in all the extras with the gold pass, aside from the parking. I plan on using the pass 1-2 times at SFDK and maybe one time at SFMM... can anyone give any advice?

I have a question that hopefully someone can offer some insight on...

So SFMM is having a flash sale for their season pass, for $71.99 with a free upgrade to gold. I have already purchased 2 WCB SFMM non-season pass tickets. Will the cost of upgrading those tickets to a season pass, or gold season pass, actually be more than $71.99 on 9/12? Has anyone done this at past WCB events? I'm not all that interested in all the extras with the gold pass, aside from the parking. I plan on using the pass 1-2 times at SFDK and maybe one time at SFMM... can anyone give any advice?

There's no guarantee that we will be able to upgrade the wcb admission. Robb's FAQ says it has happened some times in the past but not necessarily others..I wouldn't count on it being an option, especially at the discounted price. For me it's worth it either way for the parking alone as long as you go at least 3 times.

From what I can gather from the details already available, it seem Knott's will not be providing breakfast, only lunch. Anyone want to invade the IHOP across the street Sunday morning?

Make sure you go REALLY early!

I might join you if I can drag my lazy rear out of bed.

Yeah that's why I think realistically I won't be able to make it. I will probably wait until after the first half of the day's events to get some food.

Since I'm driving from SFMM to the KBFH and probably not getting to sleep until somewhere around 1, and then we know ERT will start at 8am with the possibility of checkin and/or another event like the Sierra Sidewinder walkback being earlier than that (since it can't occur during park hours and I'm guessing it probably wouldn't be during ERT), sleep is going to be at a premium.

Still better than trying to sleep in Valencia and then drive to Buena Park in the morning though, and hey this way I'll be just extra hungry for lunch at Mrs. Knott's.

From what I can gather from the details already available, it seem Knott's will not be providing breakfast, only lunch. Anyone want to invade the IHOP across the street Sunday morning?

Make sure you go REALLY early!

I like where this is headed...

Looking forward to WCB this coming weekend! Last one was 2010 I think. This trip was unusual in that I was depending on a friend and his buddy passes but I am now confirmed to fly in this Weds. Top things I'm anticipating are of course Twisted Collossus, also Full Throttle is new to me. At KBF Accelerator is a new credit since it was down in 2010. Also at DLR, Cars Land and the Haunted Masion with Jack overlays will be a first. Totally off topic but a huge first is I'm hiking to the Hollywood sign on Firday before driving up to Valencia. I'll be coming solo but I met great people last time so don't be alarmed if I crash your parties