TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2015!

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we just do trips on our own with a private list of people we personally invite. And that's exactly what we will probably end up doing with these kind of events, too.

As someone who's been with TPR almost since its founding, allow me to say very sincerely that I hope this never happens. It's a real shame that some idiots made you guys felt driven to do that with the trips. It'll be a shame if that happens with these kinds of events as well. It makes me sad that I was ultimately unable to participate in the TPR tours while they were going on. Now that my life is more stable than it was a couple years ago, I would have loved to take some of my vacation days and have a blast on a TPR tour.

I also find it a shame that things turned out that way. I haven't been here for that long but I also was really looking forward to doing a TPR trip very soon. In fact, I have been saving some money for a few years now with the intention of doing so and now because of things like this I won't be able to.

I don't want to say we will never do them again, but after ten years of putting on tours, and people getting worse and worse each year, we just needed a break. And trust me, if we start them up again, there WILL be some sort of "application" process and we will choose who goes and who doesn't. I can't see us ever doing an "open enrollment" type of thing ever again.

That sounds like a good idea in your situation, I just hope I'd make the bill because I've always wanted to do a TPR tour! Unfortunately, I'm smack in the middle of college and college debt so it's hard for me to secure the money for a trip, but it would definitely be worth it and very soon I'll be done with college and working full time and saving for the chance that maybe you will offer another tour that I can be a part of! I've only been to WCB once and BAB twice but they were some of the best experiences at amusement parks I've ever had (even though it is SFMM ) and you're a super cool guy and I'd like to get to know you more on a longer trip! Hopefully I'll get the chance! I'm so disappointed in the people who complain and feel entitled ruining things for those of us who truly appreciate what you guys are doing for us! For now, I'm SUPER excited for WCB and the chance to tear it up with fellow enthusiasts, even if rides close and things don't go exactly as planned.

That's a shame about TPR tours. I'm a TPR noob and while it's not why I joined, the possibility of going on one intrigued me. Totally understandable though. It's tough enough doing group trips with friends and keeping everyone happy. With complete strangers?

Anyway... still excited for my first TPR event in a few weekends.

Now we just do trips on our own with a private list of people we personally invite. And that's exactly what we will probably end up doing with these kind of events, too.

As someone who's been with TPR almost since its founding, allow me to say very sincerely that I hope this never happens. It's a real shame that some idiots made you guys felt driven to do that with the trips. It'll be a shame if that happens with these kinds of events as well. It makes me sad that I was ultimately unable to participate in the TPR tours while they were going on. Now that my life is more stable than it was a couple years ago, I would have loved to take some of my vacation days and have a blast on a TPR tour.

I also find it a shame that things turned out that way. I haven't been here for that long but I also was really looking forward to doing a TPR trip very soon. In fact, I have been saving some money for a few years now with the intention of doing so and now because of things like this I won't be able to.

I don't want to say we will never do them again, but after ten years of putting on tours, and people getting worse and worse each year, we just needed a break. And trust me, if we start them up again, there WILL be some sort of "application" process and we will choose who goes and who doesn't. I can't see us ever doing an "open enrollment" type of thing ever again.

How on Earth could someone not just be having a blast on a TPR Tour, even if a couple rides are down? Heck, I've read reports from trips where it rained at Cedar Point while they were there, and the power was out at Hotel Breakers when they got there, and they all seemed to be having an awesome time! Or in 2013 when Iron Rattler and New Texas Giant were down?

I would think that the tour that Robb and Elissa put together is a far more enjoyable and memorable experience then riding a wooden coaster famous for being rough.

The fact that Robb and Elissa are losing money for this event, and people are complaining about something that is beyond their control just makes me angry. And it isn't like they aren't doing anything about Ghostrider's closure, they are offering an exclusive behind the scenes tour for participants.

I don't usually rant on forums, but people complaining about your events to the point where they had to stop doing open tours just really ticks me off. It almost seems like people forgot about the 4 HOURS of Xcelerator ERT they are getting. I can't imagine what would happen if Xcelerator went down.

I want to make something perfectly clear to all of you - We do not make ANY money on these events. ZERO. In fact, this entire event will end up costing us quite a bit out of our own pocket. We don't even get comp tickets to the event for ourselves. The only gain we get out of these events is that we like to put them on and we like to see people have an awesome time and it gives us a fun update to post to the site. We do it because you guys love it. And if that is no longer the case, we'll stop doing these events.

This is something I think a lot of people don't understand or know. There are those of us who appreciate the work put into TPR events, which are amazing and something to look forward to every year. So, thanks Robb, Elissa, and the parks for putting this awesomeness together for the enthusiast community every year, and hopefully it can stay that way!

I can't imagine what would happen if Xcelerator went down.

I wouldn't be concerned at all if Xcelerator went down. We'd just go have fun on some other ride or doing some other fun activity that would take Xcelerator's place.

Can't go around constantly on the brink of disaster where any little thing going wrong will ruin your entire day. I can't imagine living with that sort of stress level, especially at a theme park where the whole point is to have fun.

I can't imagine what would happen if Xcelerator went down.

I wouldn't be concerned at all if Xcelerator went down. We'd just go have fun on some other ride or doing some other fun activity that would take Xcelerator's place.

Can't go around constantly on the brink of disaster where any little thing going wrong will ruin your entire day. I can't imagine living with that sort of stress level, especially at a theme park where the whole point is to have fun.

Exactly! OH NO!!! Then we'd just be down to one of the original and best log flumes in the country, an original Schwarzkopf looper, a mine full of refurbished animatronics, a new shooter ride challenge, and don't even get me started on the fried chicken! With no lines! TPR time is magic time. Just show up with a box of donuts and a smile, like I'm going to

I want to make something perfectly clear to all of you - We do not make ANY money on these events. ZERO. In fact, this entire event will end up costing us quite a bit out of our own pocket. We don't even get comp tickets to the event for ourselves. The only gain we get out of these events is that we like to put them on and we like to see people have an awesome time and it gives us a fun update to post to the site. We do it because you guys love it. And if that is no longer the case, we'll stop doing these events.

This is something I think a lot of people don't understand or know. There are those of us who appreciate the work put into TPR events, which are amazing and something to look forward to every year. So, thanks Robb, Elissa, and the parks for putting this awesomeness together for the enthusiast community every year, and hopefully it can stay that way!

Thank you!

Edited by robbalvey

More news for the Knott's Berry Farm day!

SIERRA SIDEWINDER BACKSTAGE TOUR!

Not only will we get a backstage tour of Ghostrider, but we will also get to take a behind the scenes look at Sierra Sidewinder! Why is this cool? Sierra Sidewinder is the only coaster in the park that uses an "elevator lift system" to store the ride vehicles (coaster trains), and there aren't that many coasters in the world that do this. It was done because of limited space when the ride was designed. We also have never been able to take a backstage look at this coaster, so it will be very cool!

Be sure to sign up for the Knott's day and get your tickets here: http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=22

It's similar to the one the Big One has I think. Should be interesting to take a look around!

It is. And I've always found that one fascinating as well!

That is pretty cool--very clever way to use limited space.

When I rode it in 09. (One and only ride on it). I could t see the attraction to be honest. It hardly span and didn't spin but I'm looking forward to giving it another chance. Especially now that I've ridden two more of a similar style (Space Fantasy and Euro Mir)