TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2015!

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome news! Though sad I still haven't got my ride on Ghostrider the last two WCB and this being the third, with the restoration hopefully it will be open for the next WCB!

Looking forward to this event more and more, looks to be the best WCB yet!

I have the same problem, I keep going to Knott's every year in early Sept and it's always closed. Consequently to date I've only ridden it twice. Photo tour is even better though, then I can't wait to get my next lap in when it's refurb'd.

^ Maybe they could open it just for us during this WCB Photo Tour...lol

But it's okay, I can wait until another visit to KBF to ride Ghostrider in its new form. This is NOT gonna ruin WCB 2015 in any way. It's my first opportunity to have a closer look at a rollercoaster this big! Sounds awesome!

But it's okay, I can wait until another visit to KBF to ride Ghostrider in its new form. This is NOT gonna ruin WCB 2015 in any way. It's my first opportunity to have a closer look at a rollercoaster this big! Sounds awesome!

That briefly occurred to me too, but I seriously doubt it. If they're closing it on the 8th they will probably have already started work, and if we're doing a backstage tour they can't have it running while we're back there, and they certainly wont have it running during park hours, so I doubt it..but like you said, that's ok. I didn't expect it to be open anyway because they always close it this time of year for annual rehab. I've never done a backstage tour either, so that's even better and I'm looking forward to coming back and riding it after it's done and hopefully no longer rough or as rough.

If you want, I can hit you in the back with a baseball bat. The experience would be nearly identical to the last time I rode Ghostrider a couple years ago.

^^^ It's gonna be my first time there too! I have the same feeling...

I dream about SFMM since I was a child!

If you want, I can hit you in the back with a baseball bat. The experience would be nearly identical to the last time I rode Ghostrider a couple years ago.

I really can't wait !!! It will be my first time at SFMM... I will probably feel quite emotional

Most probably my top 5 will change... do you reckon?

Very likely - there are some top notch coasters at SFMM. I'm excited for you!

Your current top 5 are already some pretty great coasters. I think Twisted Colossus will probably knock one of those out though, possibly X2 if you like it. People tend to either really love it or not care for it.

EDIT:

I'm sorry. I really didn't mean for it to come off that way. I love these events and everything that comes included. I appreciate the hard work that it takes to plan something like this. It's one ride and it doesn't affect my view on the event. That's all. :/

Edited by BiZaRpErMaN

I'm actually really bummed about Ghost Rider being closed. I've ridden it in 2012 during the last WCB event I went to. But, it's very rare that I make it out to California so it would have been nice to have everything open.

And quite honestly, from what I remember, Ghost Rider was really fun.

I'm honestly pretty damn sick of people complaining about Ghostrider being closed. You know, we bust our asses to put on a kick ass event and there is nothing we can do when a ride ends up being closed either for maintenance or for reasons beyond our control. If all you are going to do is bitch and complain about this DO NOT GO TO THE EVENT!!!! We want people at the event that are going to have fun and enjoy themselves not people who are going to moan and complain. I'm being serious. If you're going to be so butt hurt over this that you feel the need to come on the forum and complain DO NOT GO TO THE EVENT!!! WE DO NOT WANT YOU THERE!!!!!

And besides, it says right on the event page in bold letters....

EVENT DETAILS AND RIDE AVAILABILITY SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE!

Ugh, seriously, go and HAVE FUN people... stop the damn complaining. You are so annoying!!!!!! I'm being serious when I say it's crap like that makes me re-consider whether we continue to do events like this in the past. We have scaled back on events and trips already because of stupid obnoxious people complaining about stuff and we're just damn sick of it. People who complain are ruining the chances of us doing events and trips in the future. Congrats.

Edited by robbalvey

I'm sorry. I really didn't mean for it to come off that way. I love these events and everything that comes included. I appreciate the hard work that it takes to plan something like this. It's one ride and it doesn't affect my view on the event. That's all. :/

It's not just you. It's the emails, the private messages, and the other posts to this thread. I'm just sick of it. Like I said, we stopped doing public tours because we just got so sick of the complaining and the entitled attitude on the tours. Now we just do trips on our own with a private list of people we personally invite. And that's exactly what we will probably end up doing with these kind of events, too.

I want to make something perfectly clear to all of you - We do not make ANY money on these events. ZERO. In fact, this entire event will end up costing us quite a bit out of our own pocket. We don't even get comp tickets to the event for ourselves. The only gain we get out of these events is that we like to put them on and we like to see people have an awesome time and it gives us a fun update to post to the site. We do it because you guys love it. And if that is no longer the case, we'll stop doing these events.

Behind the scenes I am working on something West Coast Bash EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. And it just sucks to see people complain about stuff that is out of our control as though people somehow in their screwed up brain think that the park is doing this to them on purpose.

And you know what's so ironic about this? Every year at the WCB Q&A session, the #1 question that gets asked is "when are you guys going to do something about Ghostrider?" and now they are, and people are bitching about it!!!! FFS, people, stop being so obnoxious!!!! The world does NOT cater to YOUR personal preferences! DEAL WITH IT!!!!

Theme parks are meant to be a place to go and have fun. I'm sorry if a ride or two or whatever might be closed on the day you want to go. If that's going to impact your day so much, and I'm being totally serious when I say this... DON'T GO!!!

We flew all the way to Dubai once and had Formula Rossa down the entire length of our visit. Yes, it was a bummer, but you know what? We had an AWESOME time. Did we complain? No. We just dealt with it knowing we'd get back and ride it later, and we did.

I'm done now. If anyone else feels the need to complain about this, please just don't show up to our event. Thanks for letting me vent.

Edited by robbalvey

^ Yep. My days of complaining about things I cannot control are LONG OVER. I will have a great time and hopefully meet some new friends along the way. I know these events give us access to major amounts of ERT that we normally wouldn't come close to and I love that! However that's just a part of it for me. The real fun is being around like mined people having a great time.

So regardless of which rides end up being closed or down for the day, you won't hear one peep out of me.

Now we just do trips on our own with a private list of people we personally invite. And that's exactly what we will probably end up doing with these kind of events, too.

As someone who's been with TPR almost since its founding, allow me to say very sincerely that I hope this never happens. It's a real shame that some idiots made you guys felt driven to do that with the trips. It'll be a shame if that happens with these kinds of events as well. It makes me sad that I was ultimately unable to participate in the TPR tours while they were going on. Now that my life is more stable than it was a couple years ago, I would have loved to take some of my vacation days and have a blast on a TPR tour. These events are something that I personally look forward to. I'll be having my nephew join me at the SFMM WCB day now that he's finally old enough and tall enough to do these rides with me. He's very excited and he's worked hard to earn the money for his ticket.

So if I can say just one thing about this issue to Robb and everyone who works hard to put these events on, know that the bad apples are the minority and people like myself and I'm sure others are very appreciative of the opportunity to have fun at the parks doing awesome stuff like backstage tours, Q&A sessions, ERT sessions and so forth. Without your time and hard work, that wouldn't have been possible. So thank you. Looking forward to a very fun weekend real soon!

I really dont understand why people are complaining the way they are over Ghostrider being closed like Rob would have any control over it anyways. It isn't like the park waited to annouce this just to screw with WCB and TPR. I mean for crying out loud this has been the restoration we've been all (im)patiently waiting for for years. I didnt get to go to WCB last year and I am more than thrilled to be going back this year and I can't wait to have my geek out roller coaster weekend. And honestly, a backstage tour of ghostrider will be far far more enjoyable than a single ride on it with the condition my back is in. So thank you Robb, Elissa, and the parks for putting on this amazing weekend, i really hope you guys don't let the people who just can't ever be satisified get to you. If they can't be satisified with what is being offered then they shouldnt go.

Now we just do trips on our own with a private list of people we personally invite. And that's exactly what we will probably end up doing with these kind of events, too.

As someone who's been with TPR almost since its founding, allow me to say very sincerely that I hope this never happens. It's a real shame that some idiots made you guys felt driven to do that with the trips. It'll be a shame if that happens with these kinds of events as well. It makes me sad that I was ultimately unable to participate in the TPR tours while they were going on. Now that my life is more stable than it was a couple years ago, I would have loved to take some of my vacation days and have a blast on a TPR tour.

I also find it a shame that things turned out that way. I haven't been here for that long but I also was really looking forward to doing a TPR trip very soon. In fact, I have been saving some money for a few years now with the intention of doing so and now because of things like this I won't be able to. I can't say much as I really have no idea of the amount of work the preparation of these events require but I also hope they don't away too as it'd be a real shame for those who want to have a great time with you.

I've been to two WCBs, and both were great. While I'm really looking forward to Full Throttle and Twisted Colossus, the Knott's day will be very enjoyable thanks to all the extras arranged by Robb and the park. Besides, to me, Knott's is more about the Mine Train and the Log Ride (the latter is still my favorite flume)--not to mention the fried chicken and the boysenberry pie.

As someone who's been with TPR almost since its founding, allow me to say very sincerely that I hope this never happens. It's a real shame that some idiots made you guys felt driven to do that with the trips. It'll be a shame if that happens with these kinds of events as well. It makes me sad that I was ultimately unable to participate in the TPR tours while they were going on. Now that my life is more stable than it was a couple years ago, I would have loved to take some of my vacation days and have a blast on a TPR tour.

I also find it a shame that things turned out that way. I haven't been here for that long but I also was really looking forward to doing a TPR trip very soon. In fact, I have been saving some money for a few years now with the intention of doing so and now because of things like this I won't be able to.

I don't want to say we will never do them again, but after ten years of putting on tours, and people getting worse and worse each year, we just needed a break. And trust me, if we start them up again, there WILL be some sort of "application" process and we will choose who goes and who doesn't. I can't see us ever doing an "open enrollment" type of thing ever again.

I think the whole complaining about Ghostrider thing funny because it wasn't going to be open during WCB anyway, the announcement didn't change anything. It always goes under pre-Haunt refurb during September so there was no way any of were going to ride it during WCB