TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2015!

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw the e-mail with the announcement. That's incredible, I'm just sad now because I'm not going to be able to make it to WCB now. I have a wedding in Colorado the following weekend that I have to attend, so 2 straight trips just won't work. Have fun, everyone!

Oh, what a shame. I'm sure someone like Rick could make two trips in a row work out. Is he better at this than you?

I guess there has to be one thing he's good at.

I head to London the weekend after WCB, thats alot further than Colorado

I guess my dream of riding Speedy Gonzales with you wont come true

Just saw the e-mail with the announcement. That's incredible, I'm just sad now because I'm not going to be able to make it to WCB now. I have a wedding in Colorado the following weekend that I have to attend, so 2 straight trips just won't work. Have fun, everyone!

Oh, what a shame. I'm sure someone like Rick could make two trips in a row work out. Is he better at this than you?

It's more of a money issue than anything. I'm guessing your flights are all paid for by your company, or points that you've earned.

Also Rick, I care about friends more than coasters, so a good friend's wedding trumps WCB.

It's more of a money issue than anything. I'm guessing your flights are all paid for by your company, or points that you've earned.

Also Rick, I care about friends more than coasters, so a good friend's wedding trumps WCB.

Nah, both trips are on me, UK is for a family thing.

Thats why i wanted you to go, so i could ride Speedy Gonzales with my FRIEND Thad

Well so much for doing Disneyland

Just some Disneyland/DCA info.

On Thursday Sept 10th, Disneyland is only open 9-5. I imagine this is for a press event that night since their Halloween stuff starts the next day. I am planning on doing the park all day then hopping over to DCA to do some more rides and World of Color.

On Friday Sept 11th, Haunted Mansion Holiday AND Space Mountain (Ghost Galaxy?) will both be open! California Screamin' looks to still be closed.

Then off to WCB!

On Thursday Sept 10th, Disneyland is only open 9-5. I imagine this is for a press event that night since their Halloween stuff starts the next day. I am planning on doing the park all day then hopping over to DCA to do some more rides and World of Color.

On Friday Sept 11th, Haunted Mansion Holiday AND Space Mountain (Ghost Galaxy?) will both be open! California Screamin' looks to still be closed.

Then off to WCB!

It's funny, but I haven'e seen the "original" Haunted Mansion in my last few trips to Disneyland. I'm always there after they convert it to "Nightmare Before Christmas" (not a complaint, as I like Jack Skellington and Company--just an observation). Looking forward to "Ghost Galaxy."

Then off to WCB!

Well, thanks for the info! I think I'll just invert the order of the parks, visiting DCA on Thursday and DL on Friday (with everything open there). I'm really gonna miss California Screamin', but as Robb said, we have so much other things to do there. I'm sure it's gonna be amazing!

Now I'm just worried about leaving DL at midnight and then off to SFMM the other day before the sun rises... lol

Really? With everything that Disneyland has to offer you would let ONE RIDE being closed be the deciding factor? Seems a bit silly to me, IMO.

Not at all but I havnt been to DL and Screamin looks like alot of fun

Edited by marth555

I live a long drive away from Cali so I plan on flying into the DL/knotts area If I do go to wcb. What would be the best way to get to SFMM?
Specifically for SFMM, flying into Burbank. Santa Ana or LAX might be more convenient if you're staying near Knott's. Personally I prefer Burbank airport because it's just an easier airport to deal with even if it's not the closest airport.

If I do end up doing this trip it would just be the 1 wcb day spend at sfmm and the rest of my time spent in the knotts/dl area (3-4 days) so I figured it would makes more sense to stay at the same hotel for the whole trip

^ No offense, but let's try to keep this thread on topic with the actual event, not the parks that people are doing outside of the event and whatever their schedules might be. We've been talking about Disney's schedule for like two pages now, and I just don't think that's really necessary.

Edited by robbalvey