TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2015!

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got 2 tickets to West Coast Bash (Sept 12th, Six Flags) for my wife and I We are excited, and it just so happens that our California trip in September is during the same time!

I hope Sept 12th is what the exciting upcoming announcment is about!

Is it too late for me to get the Club TPR prices for this?
We apologize that we were unable to offer Club TPR discounts this year, but we are offering early ticket sales for you to purchase and guarantee admission to the event. You may buy as many tickets as you need for any guests you might bring to the even

Okie dokey, thanks for the reply. Also, if I want to get additional tickets for friends, do I have to order them at the same time that I order mine?

Green Lantern is a ride that I am not going to go out of my way to get the credit. I think every other major credit I need at the park is included in the ERT, so it really want be a huge deal if I don't get it.

As I have only ridden the two scandinavian ZacSpins I am very much looking forward to riding Green Lantern, however I ahve heard from many people that the ride is so tame now that it's nowhere near as good as the two I have previously ridden.

Two very amazing experiences on the ZacSpins have to be:

- Water Challenge on Insane at Grona Lund. How awesome was this. Not easy by any means. I remember surviving pretty well up until the final turn before the breakrun where we suddenly flipped and all the remaining water I had just shot up into my face and soaked me.

- getting an unbalanced ride on Kirnu at Linnanmaki with Jim. We both sat on the same side (facing the breakrun) and the opposite side was empty. The ride ops asked us multiple times if we actually wanted to do it and we kept saying yes. They then warned us about our feet before the lift and we were both utterly confused. Then when the car exited the station backwards towards the bottom of the lift, the car tilted with us both facing down where our feet where pushed very hard against the concrete and dragged outwards! The ride was totally insane and crazy. Very very intense.

I'm curious about Green Lantern, too, after having rode Insane. There's plenty of new stuff for me at Magic Mountain this time around (Twisted Colossus, Drop of Doom, and Full Throttle, too).

Is it too late for me to get the Club TPR prices for this?
We apologize that we were unable to offer Club TPR discounts this year, but we are offering early ticket sales for you to purchase and guarantee admission to the event. You may buy as many tickets as you need for any guests you might bring to the even

Okie dokey, thanks for the reply. Also, if I want to get additional tickets for friends, do I have to order them at the same time that I order mine?

If you are registering for more than one person, please complete a separate registration for each member in your party. Choose your options and click "add to cart" for the first person, and then come back to this screen again and choose your options and click "add to cart" for each additional guest.

Check out the link below, as it pretty much covers everything you need to know about WCB.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?productID=211

Edited by ernierocker

I am happy to announce we will have...

FOUR FULL HOURS of ERT on TWISTED COLOSSUS!CKDcZWSWEAAuylh.thumb.jpg.8257f312cb2ea27f255e6b1b2c2efbc7.jpg

Two hours in the morning - Two hours at night!

Here is our ERT schedule for the event:

8:30am - 10:30am

TWISTED COLOSSUS!!!

Full Throttle

Goliath

Lex Luthor

Scream

9:00pm - 11:00pm

TWISTED COLOSSUS!!!

X2

Superman

Tatsu

Viper

That's four hours of ERT on 9 different rides with FOUR HOURS TOTAL on Twisted Colossus!

Get your tickets NOW! We expect them to sell out even faster!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=22

West Coast Bash is a theme park "fan event" that includes "Exclusive Ride Time" before and after the park's public operating hours without waiting in any lines as well as many other awesome perks! Click the link above for event details & to buy tickets!

--Robb Alvey

http://www.themeparkreview.com

Edited by robbalvey

Wow! This beast is just getting more and more amazing! I'm so bummed, that as much as I've tried to crunch the numbers, I simply can't afford to fly out there at this time... Have a blast though guys! Just scream "This ride's for DILinator!" during one of your flips through the zero-g rolls, and I'll be with you in spirit!

So what you're telling me is I'll be doing one lap of YOLO in the morning followed by an hour and 45 minutes of Twisted Collosus, then at night I'll be doing one lap on X2 and Tatsu, a few shots on Supes, then nothing but Twisted Collosus, is that correct?

So what you're telling me is I'll be doing one lap of YOLO in the morning followed by an hour and 45 minutes of Twisted Collosus, then at night I'll be doing one lap on X2 and Tatsu, a few shots on Supes, then nothing but Twisted Collosus, is that correct?

What I'm saying is that I wanted enough Twisted Colossus ERT so that people can spread out and do other things and not feel like they might miss out on rides on Twisted Colossus.

My biggest fear that if we only had it in the morning, that everyone would rush to that coaster, and create a huge line, which isn't what ERT is about. Now I feel like people can go and get a few rides in on other stuff knowing we'll have plenty of time on Colossus as well.

Awesom-o! I'm hoping for as much dueling as possible.

I'm sure it will be dueling almost all of the time. When it doesn't duel its usually because of guests slowing down the loading procedure. I doubt we will have that problem during TPR ERT.

My biggest fear that if we only had it in the morning, that everyone would rush to that coaster, and create a huge line, which isn't what ERT is about. Now I feel like people can go and get a few rides in on other stuff knowing we'll have plenty of time on Colossus as well.
Thank you Robb, I think you're absolutely right and made the right decision.

But yeah with TC only in the morning, you're probably right, I would have gone to TC just to make sure. This gives me the freedom to start my day at Yolo instead. Every time I've been to the park since it opened, Yolo has been 60+ minute waits, so I've only tolerated riding it once per day. It's such a fun short ride and it always leaves me wanting more. I've been waiting for an opportunity like this to get some ERT and do a few in a row! I only half wonder now though if everyone will decide not to ride TC in the morning and the evening TC will be crowded

Same goes for Superman..it's one of the most miserable queues for me and a fun but short ride, so ERT will be extra sweet. I'll probably do The other four first and then end my ERT on TC right before the park opens. Even if I only get one ride in the morning that will be OK, I'll be back later

I think Viper is the only coaster that I will skip during ERT and hit during public hours. I always make the mistake of leaving Viper for the end of the day when I'm already tired and sore and those shoulder restraints are just torture at that point. I want to ride Viper early, so I'll just do that one at 10:30...there won't be any lines either way.

I'm slightly disappointed that Revolution was taken off of ERT, I was looking forward to that a little, but to get a second round of TC instead I don't think is a bad trade at all. As long as Revolution is open during the day, I'll be happy; and really much like Viper I doubt it will have a long line so I'll have plenty of time to ride it multiple times if I want during general hours. I've missed it on my last couple trips to the park with it being closed. I haven't gotten to ride Apocalypse in a while either, but that doesn't really bother me.

I'm slightly disappointed that Revolution was taken off of ERT

I'm honestly shocked to hear this. While yes, I'm glad you would agree it was a good trade off, I'm honestly shocked to hear anyone suggest they need MORE rides on Revolution besides what they could get during normal park hours. I actually have not been on Revolution in probably 5 or 6 years, and maybe it's just me, but that's a ride I can easily miss while at the park.

Seriously, if I had to add up the amount of complaint questions fielded during Q&A of rides people hate on at the park, Revolution probably tops the list. And now someone is disappointed that we took it off the ERT list??? In favor for MORE Twisted Colossus???

Please...

Edited by robbalvey

I'm honestly shocked to hear this. While yes, I'm glad you would agree it was a good trade off, I'm honestly shocked to hear anyone suggest they need MORE rides on Revolution besides what they could get during normal park hours. I actually have not been on Revolution in probably 5 or 6 years, and maybe it's just me, but that's a ride I can easily miss while at the park.

Seriously, if I had to add up the amount of complaint questions fielded during Q&A of rides people hate on at the park, Revolution probably tops the list. And now someone is disappointed that we took it off the ERT list??? In favor for MORE Twisted Colossus???

Please...

No no no, it wasn't a complaint, I definitely said you made the right decision. Trading Revolution for Twisted Colossus is a no brainer. In and of itself I was looking forward to that when I originally saw it planned cause I havent ridden it in years (Because I usually have a take it or leave it attitude too, and then last time it was closed) and just wanted to see if I could handle riding it multiple times in a row, so I was only slightly disappointed for that reason, but not really 'cause again Ill still have plenty of time to ride it in the day so I'm not missing anything really. In actuality I'd much rather have double the TC ERT even if it meant no Revolution rides at all.

4 freakin' hours of TC ERT...

I was hoping for this, but didn't think it would happen. I'm even more excited about WCB now, and am VERY glad that my ticket has already been purchased. Thank you for pulling off this marvelous feat, Robb. Let the marathoning begin...

^^ Got it. It's sometimes very hard to read into what people are saying. And you know, when you are all excited to announce something like a crazy amount of ERT on quite possibly the best coaster in SoCal, you're kind of taken aback when almost immediately after you announce it, you read "Wow, that's great at all, but what a bummer about Revolution being pulled from ERT." That was about the LAST thing I expected someone to say.

That's kind of how it read to me....

Edited by robbalvey