TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2015!

The immense selection of coasters during SFMM ERT is the virtual lock for the credits that you're looking for. There's no reason to believe you won't be able to ride the rest of the coasters that aren't in either ERT session during the regular operating day. In mid-September all the schools are running again and it'll still be pretty hot by then. Crowds should be at a reasonably low level.
^ Don't worry, due to this. You already know (pending no changes between now and the event of course which are always possible) that you won't have to deal with any lines whatsoever on Twisted Colossus, YOLO, Lex Luthor, X2, Tatsu, Superman, and Goliath - which are almost all of the longer lines in the park - plus Viper and Revolution due to all of those being on ERT. That means you only need to worry about riding Green Lantern (If you so choose), Gold Rusher, Apocalypse, Riddler, Ninja, and Batman during general hours and of those, the two longest potential lines, Riddler and Green Lantern, have Single Rider Lines.

Thanks to Robb and WCB putting almost all of the high demand rides on ERT, I doubt anyone will need a Flash Pass unless you're looking for multiple rerides in a group or something, and even still I think you'll have time to work it out.

This is going to be my first ever trip to MM without a Flash Pass. I usually get them even when its not totally necessary because I want to be extra comfortable, but I'm not going to bother this time..I have no doubt I will be able to ride everything multiple times and still have way more time than I know what to do with.

When I go myself I usually get there at 1030, ride everything with a few rerides, and am out of the park by 5 or 6. This time we will have from 8:30am to 11pm with four of those hours to ourselves. I'm more worried about what to do in the middle of the day while waiting for the next TPR event than whether to get a Flash Pass

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know how much the Hallelujah Jubilee affects attendance, but it is the same day.

https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/special-events/concert/hallelujah-jubilee

Uh oh...it seems to be a chaperoned event. In my experience that's never a good thing. Looks like I'll be going for a drive during the day, guys!

Or toss back a couple beers at BarYolo!

I like the BarYolo idea. I would hope they'd have at least one good brew available. I love how CP has Rougabrew. SF doesn't even have to make one. There are several beers in existence with Full Throttle or Yolo in the name.

Uh oh...it seems to be a chaperoned event. In my experience that's never a good thing. Looks like I'll be going for a drive during the day, guys!

Ok, here's my dumb question du jour ... what is a "chaperoned event?" Seriously, in all my years, I've never heard of such a thing?!

An event with chaperones, i.e. kids under the age of 18.

Well there goes my idea to neck on with a preacher's daughter!

....unless there are a couple as chaperones.

Bought my tickets as well and booked Saturday and Sunday nights at the KBF Hotel. Still working out some other kinks for the week leading up to the weekend.

Anyone know if Ghostrider will be running that weekend?

Bought my tickets as well and booked Saturday and Sunday nights at the KBF Hotel. Still working out some other kinks for the week leading up to the weekend.

Ghost Rider is usually closed for Maintenance right before Haunt, and it's conspicuous absence from the ERT leads me to believe that it will indeed be closed. I went to KBF last year on 9/18 and it had been closed for several days and I think they told me it wasn't reopening until 9/23 or 9/24.

20140918_090646.thumb.jpg.9c154fb04239e47755217af5de2bd232.jpg

Bummer of a way to start the day. 9/18/14.

Ghost Rider is usually closed for Maintenance right before Haunt, and it's conspicuous absence from the ERT leads me to believe that it will indeed be closed. I went to KBF last year on 9/18 and it had been closed for several days and I think they told me it wasn't reopening until 9/23 or 9/24.

Yeah--I know it's been closed the last couple of years during WCB time (I missed it during last year's) and I was wondering if that would indeed be the case again this year.

^ I was told that GhostRider's annual maintenance is always during this same time, so yes it's generally going to be closed during the beginning of September every year. Exact days and length will vary I'm sure, but I'm sure the reason it's not listed for ERT is because it's going to be closed, so I expect it to be closed for WCB. Who knows, we may get surprised.

Can't find anyone to go with me. You guys think I should come to WCB alone this year? I won't know anyone haha but I've seen reports on here of people who have gone alone. How was it, from past experiences?

Can't find anyone to go with me. You guys think I should come to WCB alone this year? I won't know anyone haha but I've seen reports on here of people who have gone alone. How was it, from past experiences?
Absolutely! I'm basically going alone. I have a friend who will be there at SFMM but I'm guessing she will be ignoring me, and I'll be totally solo at KBF. I do parks solo all the time though, doesn't bother me.

There will be plenty of people to hang out with

Jeromy was a great host for my first trip to Magic Mountain last year. Very efficient means of tackling each credit. Since I got everything last year I'm now trying to prioritize which coasters I want to ride this year. I'll probably skip Green Lantern, Viper, and the kiddie credits.

There will be plenty of people to hang out with

Jeromy was a great host for my first trip to Magic Mountain last year. Very efficient means of tackling each credit. Since I got everything last year I'm now trying to prioritize which coasters I want to ride this year. I'll probably skip Green Lantern, Viper, and the kiddie credits.

Thx

I'll probably skip Green Lantern

I've only ridden once and it was off-balance and amazing. I'm dreading the time I ride it and they balance it out, but I feel it's like a rite of passage at this point.

Green Lantern is a ride that I am not going to go out of my way to get the credit. I think every other major credit I need at the park is included in the ERT, so it really want be a huge deal if I don't get it.

Edited by ernierocker

I've only ridden once and it was off-balance and amazing. I'm dreading the time I ride it and they balance it out, but I feel it's like a rite of passage at this point.

Oh man. You've almost tempted me to give it another chance.

Is it too late for me to get the Club TPR prices for this?
We apologize that we were unable to offer Club TPR discounts this year, but we are offering early ticket sales for you to purchase and guarantee admission to the event. You may buy as many tickets as you need for any guests you might bring to the even

Oh man. You've almost tempted me to give it another chance.

don't make have to smack some sense into you rob. You should know better than to fall into the green lantern trap.

Yep -- there'll be a few of us going solo on this trip so no worries, we'll be the group of orphans. And as long as there's a place to grab a few beers during the day we'll be all set!

I am there with you! Loners Unite! Still looking for someone to share a ride with on Saturday morning. Staying at Knott's hotel so maybe I can find someone...hope.