TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2015!

If I stay at a hotel near Knotts how would I get to SFMM the next day? Would I or could I beg a ride? Or is there a hotel somewhere near both that wouldn't cost much? Help me since I don't know anything about the L.A. area.

Wait...beg for a ride? You have no means of transportation? Might wanna fix that.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the "better late than never" file.....

I just registered for WCB 2015. My first TPR event *ever*, and I am very excited about it!! I've been hearing great things from folks for years now about this event (and events in general)... and the SFMM portion happens to fall on my Birthday! :like:

Looking forward to doing both days of WCB this year. Can't pass up Twisted Colossus ERT and whatever the Iron Reef Challenge will be. Glad I bought my tickets on Wednesday so I don't have to worry about it selling out.

Anyone know if the SFMM season pass pricing is also valid for the membership pass?

I have no idea what a "Membership Pass" is, so you might want to contact the park on that question.

it's essentially an auto renewing season pass, I have one and six flags views them exactly the same as a season pass, I have no doubt it will be fine.

If I stay at a hotel near Knotts how would I get to SFMM the next day? Would I or could I beg a ride? Or is there a hotel somewhere near both that wouldn't cost much? Help me since I don't know anything about the L.A. area.

So you are looking a one hotel that is near two parks located 63 miles away from each other?????

Thanks for being so concise. I know they are very far from each other, but how was I supposed to get information when no one was answering questions. A stupid question get the best response. Sorry to make your day Larrygator!

Anyone know if the SFMM season pass pricing is also valid for the membership pass?

I have no idea what a "Membership Pass" is, so you might want to contact the park on that question.

it's essentially an auto renewing season pass, I have one and six flags views them exactly the same as a season pass, I have no doubt it will be fine.

Thanks guys. I'll contact the park to make sure.

Couldn't find this answer elsewhere...

Will the event include (or have previous events included) any type of Flash Pass or Fast Lane options? Or will that be up to us to purchase on our own if we wanted it during the day?

Thanks, Kyle.

The last two years of the event did not include any fast passes, but to be honest, there isn't a need for them... the parks are moderate at best, and if you just save the ert rides until ERT time, you should have no problem hitting everything multiple times at both parks... I never have an issue getting in the rides

Couldn't find this answer elsewhere...

Will the event include (or have previous events included) any type of Flash Pass or Fast Lane options? Or will that be up to us to purchase on our own if we wanted it during the day?

Thanks, Kyle.

The last two years of the event did not include any fast passes, but to be honest, there isn't a need for them... the parks are moderate at best, and if you just save the ert rides until ERT time, you should have no problem hitting everything multiple times at both parks... I never have an issue getting in the rides

That's what I was going to ask, if it's necessary to purchase Flash Pass / Fast Lane in advance... This is my first time in California, and I'd like to get all the credits at both parks (credit whore here ), even if that means just one ride on each coaster. I wasn't sure if that would be possible, even with the ERT. Thanks for the explanation!

The immense selection of coasters during SFMM ERT is the virtual lock for the credits that you're looking for. There's no reason to believe you won't be able to ride the rest of the coasters that aren't in either ERT session during the regular operating day. In mid-September all the schools are running again and it'll still be pretty hot by then. Crowds should be at a reasonably low level.

i don't know how much the Hallelujah Jubilee affects attendance, but it is the same day.

https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/special-events/concert/hallelujah-jubilee

Uh oh...it seems to be a chaperoned event. In my experience that's never a good thing. Looks like I'll be going for a drive during the day, guys!

i don't know how much the Hallelujah Jubilee affects attendance, but it is the same day.

https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/special-events/concert/hallelujah-jubilee

Uh oh...it seems to be a chaperoned event. In my experience that's never a good thing. Looks like I'll be going for a drive during the day, guys!

Or toss back a couple beers at BarYolo!

Personally, I'm a big fan of Christian rock music and looking back at previous years, some of my favorite bands have gone! From the link you provided it just lists Britt Nicole who I don't listen to, but if a band I really like is going, I'm seriously gonna be torn! I assume the concerts might be done by the time we have ERT? Or else the smaller bands might be done (the ones I'd probably be more likely to see) and Britt Nicole would be on.

Ok, here's my dumb question du jour ... what is a "chaperoned event?" Seriously, in all my years, I've never heard of such a thing?!

It shouldn't affect things too much. There are always events going on during West Coast Bash in the past (Physics Day, Cheerleading events, etc) - It's a Saturday, so expect Saturday crowds, and there is always the Flash Pass option if you're not local and want to get in more riding!

Ok, here's my dumb question du jour ... what is a "chaperoned event?" Seriously, in all my years, I've never heard of such a thing?!

An event with chaperones, i.e. kids under the age of 18.