TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2015!

Against my better judgement, I just cashed in some reward miles for a flight to LA and back. I'm still undecided if I'll go, because that's a huge football weekend for me. Big rivalry for my college team, and the NFL starts that weekend. I'll be damned if Twisted Colossus doesn't look amazing, though.

Can we ride Speedy Gonzales Hot Rod Racers together?

I'd prefer it if you didn't make eye contact with me that weekend.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Against my better judgement, I just cashed in some reward miles for a flight to LA and back. I'm still undecided if I'll go, because that's a huge football weekend for me. Big rivalry for my college team, and the NFL starts that weekend. I'll be damned if Twisted Colossus doesn't look amazing, though.

Ha! The Elissa Bat Signal strikes again.

Ha! The Elissa Bat Signal strikes again.

.... She does have an uncanny ability to show up wherever she is needed....

^My hatred of Rick knows no boundaries and transcends social media platforms.

This makes me sad.....

Decided to take advantage of the sale from Southwest (grumble) and booked tickets to go.

Dang..thanks for mentioning this. I was planning on using my employee rate to fly standby on the cheap, but at the moment Southwest is offering confirmed seats for the return flight for the exact same price and not much more for on the way there! For only about $20 more total I'll just get the confirmed seat..worth it!

Going to try to budget for both as we wait for it all to go on sale. Would be fun to meet TPR Club people. Hoping I can lure a friend into going and also finding a place to crash in the area to lower expenses. We shall see.

I am in the same boat, I thought I had a friend lined up but he in the Army reserves and is unsure he can get those dates off

I am so excited about West Coast Bash 2015. I attended my first one last year and stayed at the Hilton at the bottom of Magic Mountain and was treated like a king. The event was well organized and the lunch was awesome especially because at our table , Magic Mountains main guy spoke with us and I got to meet Robb Alvey for the first time. Robb.......You are truly one of the nicest guys around ! Thank you so much ! Ralph Vasquez

Going ahead and setting this out to the forum universe just in case....

If any forum members plan to road trip to this event and would be road tripping through New Mexico with an open car slot would you keep me posted? Depending on what location (Albuquerque/Santa Fe/etc) is most convenient for pick-up I would try to get there. I am going to look into Craigslist ride shares as well. Hoping like crazy all the cards for this fall into place.

Quick locals question about LA area traffic - I'm currently trying to decide whether to fly through Burbank or LAX. I have to fly in and out of the same airport, so in one and out the other is not available to me.

If I fly into Burbank, I can get to Valencia easily on Friday night, but I'll have to drive farther up I-5 Monday morning back to Burbank. If I fly into LAX, I have a longer drive up the 405 to get to Valencia on Friday night, but a long drive on the 105 to LAX from Buena Park Monday morning.

All things are not equal when it comes to LA traffic, and I'm not as familiar with the 105 and 405..so considering traffic Friday evening or Monday morning, which route do you think would be the least painful? Also I've never flown into LAX before (I think its the only LA area airport I've never used) so I don't know how easy rental car return is there, that's a consideration.

EDIT: Just noticed there's an extra flight or two on the LAX route, so I may lean that way if traffic isnt significantly worse. I'm flying interline (standby) so the more flights the better in case I get bumped, since it's a Friday, typically a busier travel day.

Quick locals question about LA area traffic - I'm currently trying to decide whether to fly through Burbank or LAX. I have to fly in and out of the same airport, so in one and out the other is not available to me.

If I fly into Burbank, I can get to Valencia easily on Friday night, but I'll have to drive farther up I-5 Monday morning back to Burbank. If I fly into LAX, I have a longer drive up the 405 to get to Valencia on Friday night, but a long drive on the 105 to LAX from Buena Park Monday morning.

All things are not equal when it comes to LA traffic, and I'm not as familiar with the 105 and 405..so considering traffic Friday evening or Monday morning, which route do you think would be the least painful? Also I've never flown into LAX before (I think its the only LA area airport I've never used) so I don't know how easy rental car return is there, that's a consideration.

EDIT: Just noticed there's an extra flight or two on the LAX route, so I may lean that way if traffic isnt significantly worse. I'm flying interline (standby) so the more flights the better in case I get bumped, since it's a Friday, typically a busier travel day.

Wait wait wait, were you just really giving me traffic advice on LA and you don't live there and now asking questions about it? JeromyL, could you PM me with what traffic might really be like around 5-7PM on a Friday night from SFMM to LAX?

Im in Sacramento, so I don't live in LA but I fly down often. I'm a creature of habit though, and I always fly into Burbank when I go to SFMM. I've flown to every other airport in Southern California and can give advice on all of them except LAX, which I always avoid. (Burbank and Ontario are awesome, John Wayne is terrible, Long Beach is always inconvenient) If you want to know what traffic is like on I-5 or in Santa Ana, or where cops hide on the grapevine I can help you out. I've driven them a lot. The 405 and the 105 though I just haven't driven a lot. I also always go on Sundays when I can, I can't remember the last time I was down there on a Friday, so rush hour on the 405 I wasnt familiar with.

I found out though that Friday night on the 405 is about the worst traffic you can imagine. What would be a 45 minute drive on Sunday morning is a 3 hour drive on Friday rush hour. I decided to fly into Burbank...driving from Buena Park to Burbank on I-5 Monday morning won't be half as bad as trying to drive from LAX to Valencia on Friday night.

YAY, I get to go to WCB. This trip is my official kick-off into empty-nesterdom.

Sending my last baby to college in August and celebrating by becoming a coaster credit whore.

Oh, wait, um...well that doesn't sound as good as it did when I was thinking it. Oh well, my kids don't read this forum.

We expect West Coast Bash tickets to go on sale sometime next week! We can confirm we will be doing Twisted Colossus ERT, backstage tours at both Six

Flags Magic Mountain & Knott's Berry Farm, morning & evening ERT at both parks, and a Voyage to the Iron Reef contest!