TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Food & Fury at Carowinds

This park is mediocre at best. They have a few good coasters and just as many bad ones. Few flat rides, hardly anything for non-thrill riding people to do. It's become like Cedar Point as far as theming goes. Just a hodge-podge of everything mixed together.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This park is mediocre at best. They have a few good coasters and just as many bad ones. Few flat rides, hardly anything for non-thrill riding people to do. It's become like Cedar Point as far as theming goes. Just a hodge-podge of everything mixed together.

Yes, I'm sure you've been in person.

Good rides:

Fury 325 (barely edged out I305 for my #1 spot, it was crazy)

Intimidator (awesome floaty airtime)

Afterburn (intense)

Thunder road (airtime EVERYWHERE)

Vortex (felt pretty smooth to me!)

Nighthawk (strange, but very fun experience)

Goldrusher (awesome mine train)

Carolina Cobra (the new trains make it pretty fun!)

Windseeker

Drop tower

Bad rides:

Hurler

Carolina Cyclone

...?

Well, let's not go crazy here. I still prefer I305, but Fury 325 was a lot of fun.

Well, let's not go crazy here. I still prefer I305, but Fury 325 was a lot of fun.

I totally understand! After my first ride (row 3) I thought, wow that wasn't as good as 305. Then I rode some more and in the front. The drop lasted for SO LONG and it felt like it was a more complete ride experience, so then it edged it out. I still love I305, it is truly the most intense roller coaster I've ever been on!

I had about 12 rides on Fury. It's not as intense as I305 but I felt the four airtime moments it had were great. I put Fury ahead of I305 right now. I haven't ridden I305 in four years. I think I tend to rank more recent coasters ridden a little higher. They both blow MF out of the water. I need to get back to VA for I305 rides and Tempesto.

I also prefer Fury to I305 but I love both rides and they're both in my top ten out of almost 250. I305 is more intense but Fury is just the complete package and a perfect blend of speed airtime, minimal restraints and intensity.

I also prefer Fury to I305 but I love both rides and they're both in my top ten out of almost 250. I305 is more intense but Fury is just the complete package and a perfect blend of speed airtime, minimal restraints and intensity.

Thank you for summing up my thoughts, well said. There's just so much diversity on Fury whereas I305 is way more about intensity and speeed than it is about airtime. I love I305 so much too though, it was tough to pick a favorite.

• 1 month later...

Somehow I missed this TR and just now saw it. I've never been on the flyers and don't quite understand this snapping business. It's intriguing and maybe one day I'll get to experience it!

Would you say my ride comparisons below are accurate? I'm trying to figure out how many similar coasters are at Kings Dominion, or even the surrounding parks.

Intimidator - way scaled down I305

Afterburn - Non-Volcano suspended, Alpengeist at BGW

Thunder Road - Rebel Yell at KD

Vortex - Shockwave at KD

Goldrusher - nothing at KD, Trailblazer at HP?

Carolina Cobra - Sidewinder at HP

Nighthawk - Batman at SFA

Hurler - Hurler at KD

Carolina Cyclone - Anaconda at HP