TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Worst List Ever of the Best Thrill Rides by State

I normally see articles/lists like this and just laugh them off and ignore them but this one is so hilariously bad that I had to share it here so everyone else could be as entertained as we were.

Great American Summer: Best Thrill Ride in Every State (PHOTOS)

Just a few notes...

-Larson clearly paid them to write this.

-Get ready to feel the terror of the thrilling Sky Ride at the Nebraska State Fair

-Sorry SkyJump Las Vegas and your stupid 855 foot drop... El Loco is apparently the most thrilling ride in Nevada. They count zip lines so they clearly could have counted this.

- New Jersey is a tough one... this could have gone to El Toro, Kingda Ka (the world's tallest coaster as we all know), Zumanjaro (the worlds tallest drop tower as we all know) or tons of other awesome rides. Wait until you see what they picked... I won't spoil this for you. It's too good.

- Ohio, Pennsylvania and Connecticut are all ridiculous

- Sorry Intimidator and Afterburn but the YoYo swing ride at Family Kingdom is apparently the "best thrill ride" in South Carolina.

- Bumper Boats are a thrill ride now.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's with Delaware?

Georgia, isn't there several high quality B&M rides?

Wait, go-karts?

How is Soak City the attraction? Where's Renegade?

I knew it was coming, but I still laughed at Nebraska.

New Jersey, there is a picture of El Toro, but that isn't the best?

Missouri, where is Outlaw Run?

There are so many things wrong with that, but I'm too tired to list them all.

Whoever compiled that list failed spectacularly in multiple states. I had to stop reading after New York because my eyes started bleeding. Wooden Warrior over Boulder Dash? Darien Lake's Ring of Fire over the Coney Island Cyclone? And Tower of Terror over literally anything at Magic Mountain?!

It is hard for me to pinpoint what I think is the very worst pick on this list. I would say any of the super loop selections, especially New Jersey. They have the top ranked coaster in the state right in the picture, and they pick the super loop? But, the abaolute worst pick on this list is Pennsylvania. It is arguably the best state to live in for thrill rides, with coasters like Skyrush, Ravine Flyer II, Phoenix, Phantom's Revenge, or even Steel Force. And all they can pick is a water play complex. That is especially pathetic, considering that Hersheypark is actually one of the most well-known parks in the country outside of a Disney and Universal park.

As if we needed more proof of the Weather Channel going to crap

Thanks TWC for reminding me that despite all the massive Six Flags news going on this year, my home park gets, a big loop.

Great Adventure at it's finest like always!

The list seems to be generally new rides, many from this year opening. Someone just looked up "new rides in 2015" or googled "ride in Nebraska" and posted it as a list lol

I'm curious to see if they got ANY right.

Indiana and Kentucky, alright.

Massachusettss? Well, it's a bit early to be handing that trophy out but...yeah, I'd go with it anyway.

North Carolina, okay, fair enough.

I'd maaaaybe give them Virginia. I'd go with I305 well over Griffon but it's at least semi-debatable.

Also lmao Florida. Splash Mountain beats Kumba, Montu, Falcon's Fury? I mean, I love Disney, Splash Moutain's fun, but come on now.

Definitely agree that this was paid for by Larson or SF.

Edited by Rai Fox

For Minnesota they have listed Soak City, A whole water park is the single most thrilling attraction in the state somehow, but worse even, is they don't even put in a picture of a thrill ride in the water park but of a lazy river, the least thrilling attraction one can think of, lazy is in the title! Perhaps it is symbolic of the effort put into creating this list.

I slammed my head into the table after reading half of this list. The rides they put for California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, and Virginia, legit gave me a migraine.

I'm curious to see if they got ANY right.

Indiana and Kentucky, alright.

Massachusettss? Well, it's a bit early to be handing that trophy out but...yeah, I'd go with it anyway.

North Carolina, okay, fair enough.

I'd maaaaybe give them Virginia. I'd go with I305 well over Griffon but it's at least semi-debatable.

Also lmao Florida. Splash Mountain beats Kumba, Montu, Falcon's Fury? I mean, I love Disney, Splash Moutain's fun, but come on now.

Definitely agree that this was paid for by Larson or SF.

Illinois, Missouri and TN weren't really bad choices either. I mean theirs better choices in those states but The Boss, X-Flight and Wild Eagle are solid choices.

I love how they pick rides that haven't even OPENED YET!

I was surprised they didn't pick Twisted Colossus for California, especially since they picked Wicked Cyclone for MA. It did seem like they were trying to promote a lot of new rides that opened or are opening.