TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which coasters have track you can walk beneath, unprotected?

Since I saw this brought up in the Hansa Park thread, which coasters still run over a section where you can walk path and you are not protected by a net.

Medusa's cobra roll at SFGAdv immediately comes to mind for me, but I know there must be more.

Edited by larrygator

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've seen this happen on several rides, although X-Flight, Raging Bull, and Superman: Ultimate Flight at SFGAm all come to mind because there are plenty of places under each ride where you can walk, although it's mostly just the queue lines.

Millennium Force, a bunch of boomerangs, Diamondback, Tatsu, I think all of the Superman B&M flyers at Six Flags parks, Edmonton Mindbender, Bizarro at SFNE, most of the Arrow corkscrews....there's a lot. Not the majority, but a lot.

This one is long gone now, but IIRC much of Batman Knight Flight's course took place over the queue line/paths at SFWoA.

You can walk under most of Gatekeeper, the only protected part is the front entrance but that's more for the fact that it's an entrance. The Dive loop, Immelman and drop can all be walked under, without anything.

The forces one encounters while walking under it are greater than those encountered while riding it. I read somewhere that an early version of GateKeeper had some trims designed into the affected paths/walkways to solve this.

This one is long gone now, but IIRC much of Batman Knight Flight's course took place over the queue line/paths at SFWoA.

You can walk under most of Gatekeeper, the only protected part is the front entrance but that's more for the fact that it's an entrance. The Dive loop, Immelman and drop can all be walked under, without anything.

The forces one encounters while walking under it are greater than those encountered while riding it. I read somewhere that an early version of GateKeeper had some trims designed into the affected paths/walkways to solve this.

Its new home in Kings Dominion also allows you to walk underneath a lot of the track. I also want to add Mean Streak since the line goes through the center of the ride.

Its new home in Kings Dominion also allows you to walk underneath a lot of the track. I also want to add Mean Streak and Cyclone at SFNE *to be seen if the amount of line under the track is kept) since both lines go through the center of the ride.

Millennium Force, a bunch of boomerangs, Diamondback, Tatsu, I think all of the Superman B&M flyers at Six Flags parks, Edmonton Mindbender, Bizarro at SFNE, most of the Arrow corkscrews....there's a lot. Not the majority, but a lot.
When did Kings Island remove the Net under Diamondback's First Drop? I remember a lot of cell phones and stuff caught by that net in 2009 and 2010.

When did Kings Island remove the Net under Diamondback's First Drop? I remember a lot of cell phones and stuff caught by that net in 2009 and 2010.

No idea. I guess they stopped worrying about the low percentage possibility of people being hit by stuff and moved on?