TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New red B&M track at Clermont in Ohio...

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually someone on KI Central (the link attached to one of the photos posted) did some guesswork based on the length of one piece and how many pieces he saw and he got ~315 ft. He's certainly wrong without exact measurements, but imagine that drop at that height!

I'd be in heaven.

A giga dive coaster would certainly be incredible. I can only imagine the fear of being held over the edge 300+ ft up, what a rush that would be!

It's never the hold at the top that gets you, it's the moment you're released.

Here's a bunch of new photos from Clermont Steel this week, of what most certainly is Valravn at Cedar Point.

DSC06727.thumb.JPG.12378e8641996b87e494523e99089cbf.JPG

A truck loaded with dark blue supports ready to ship.

DSC06728.thumb.JPG.0ae37d89714c0fbef6374b80fd03fa37.JPG

A lot of track loaded outside. More supports in the background.

DSC06729.thumb.JPG.e037b8143ad461c27a214954f23ec23f.JPG

DSC06730.thumb.JPG.337b0d89098bae8cc8257dbb1a05abb5.JPG

The gray spine is certainly unique.

DSC06731.thumb.JPG.d9618965363ea80d82a674f9bd981ece.JPG

Supports that are not yet painted.

DSC06733.thumb.JPG.d59ae85d9b17bb39458d4d5b6a2c5ece.JPG

Interesting lift hill piece.

DSC06734.thumb.JPG.c048e85bbd50a27ae4a6df0860008047.JPG

These are most certainly heading out this week.

A giga dive coaster would certainly be incredible. I can only imagine the fear of being held over the edge 300+ ft up, what a rush that would be!

It's never the hold at the top that gets you, it's the moment you're released.

I don't know about that. There is something about sitting in the front seat on Griffon when you scoot forward during the hold position that is fairly unnerving.

I was recently camping near the Clermont County and drove past the Clermont steel fabricators and noticed purple and blue track (was two toned track) and blue-green supports. Does anyone know what this is for? My thought was possibly for Mako, but I am not completely sure what color scheme that ride will feature.

I was recently camping near the Clermont County and drove past the Clermont steel fabricators and noticed purple and blue track (was two toned track) and blue-green supports. Does anyone know what this is for? My thought was possibly for Mako, but I am not completely sure what color scheme that ride will feature.

Yes, thats mako.

A bit of trivia.

The next B&M Coaster to be announced. (Likely to be Cedar Point's Dive Machine by the sounds of it) will be B&M's 100th coaster.

All 99 previous coasters are still operating or under construction. An impressive feat.

I noticed that while doing some research the other day, very interesting! I'm happy to say that I've been on 43 of those 100 (101 is you count Dragons separately!)

A bit of trivia.

The next B&M Coaster to be announced. (Likely to be Cedar Point's Dive Machine by the sounds of it) will be B&M's 100th coaster.

All 99 previous coasters are still operating or under construction. An impressive feat.

I noticed that while doing some research the other day, very interesting! I'm happy to say that I've been on 43 of those 100 (101 is you count Dragons separately!)

Why wouldn't one count the dragons of dragons challenge separately? They are two completely different tracks and experiences.

A bit of trivia.

Considering that half a dozen have been relocated, is it really 100? To me they have yet to reach that milestone. They are close

A bit of trivia.

Considering that half a dozen have been relocated, is it really 100? To me they have yet to reach that milestone. They are close

I'll just leave this here

image.jpg.7e41e6fd9db0f0c05406a8bc599483b8.jpg

A bit of trivia.

I'll just leave this here

But RCDB doesn't count Dragon Challenge as two coasters, which I think is wrong (maybe I'm in the minority?). They are two completely different coasters with completely different elements. Even the height of the drops are different.

A bit of trivia.

That excludes relocated. Its 99 separate rides.

100 if you include dragons challenge as 2. In which case the last one of the current under construction rides to open would be 100. Judging by current construction probably Mako or USJ's ride.

Who wouldn't included dragons challenge as two? I counted and with opening dates would put the relocated from hard rock park as the 100th, looks like its gonna be a close race with the flyer and hyper! Lets see who opens first . . .

Who wouldn't included dragons challenge as two? I counted and with opening dates would put the relocated from hard rock park as the 100th, looks like its gonna be a close race with the flyer and hyper! Lets see who opens first . . .

The hard rock park one doesn't count as its relocated and opened before.

The next coaster announced will be their 100th installation. There problem solved and you don't have to get into the stupid debate on whether or not s project counts as two coasters or not.

Really, like it matters if Dragons Challenge is two coasters or not. It was a SINGLE installation for B&M

Also not quite true

In short here is how it breaks down. There are already more than 100 coasters actually in existence.

96 Operating

1 Has operated and will reopen.

Led Zeppelin

4 New Under Construction

Hot Go Park Wing Coaster

Xisuangbanna Flyer

USJ Flyer

Mako

1 Sat in the yard

Unknown brown dive machine

So there are 97 B&M's that have opened before and 5 known coaster being built which could claim the title of 100th B&M to open. The 3rd of those 5 to open will be the 100th.

XIshuangbanna's flyer is due to open in a month or two. So its the 2nd to open out of USJ's flyer, Mako, Hotgo's wing coaster or that brown dive machine.

If you count DC as one then its the 3rd of those 4 to open.

Does that make sense?

Does it really matter? No not really.

Edited by Gutterflower

I don't know guys, Bare with me here as I may go full GP here.

But isn't Dragon Challenge 1 project that exists out of 2 coasters. Yeah they're completely separate and I fans will count it as 2 credits, but isn't it 1 whole? The Hungarian Horntail is nothing without it's Chinese Fireball. Okay maybe we can't count the next announced coaster as the 100th coaster (As that is most likely the last to open currently) but it is the 100th Project of B&M and in my eye's doesn't that count more as the milestone coaster then Mako or the USJ as those are project 98th and 99th.

I may sound stupid but I believe I'm on to something.