TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New red B&M track at Clermont in Ohio...

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other people here are clearly better at these things but is there any reason this isn't for the JP Flyer at USJ? The thicker spine on some of the pics would match with what i remember the flyers having in the station areas.

Anyway just to summarise things so far.

Known rides from B&M for 2016 seem to be as follows

Flying Coaster - Universal Studios Japan

Wing Coaster - Hotgo Park

Hyper Coaster - Sea World

Strongly Rumored or Known but unknown year are

Dive Machine - Cedar Point

Wing Coaster - Canada's Wonderland

Wing Coaster - Wanda City Wuxi

Wing Coaster - Huayi Brother World

As far as I am aware we can only confirm one of those rides has track (The Hotgo park wing coaster is the red track) although SharkTums mentioned USJ already has track on site.

So that leaves the brown seen on the previous pages and the green track from this pic as unknowns

11174735_822697724481180_7617684779285921038_o.jpg

If i was a betting man I'd say Brown is for CP and green for USJ

My reasoning for this is that the Brown track is wider.

numbers1.jpg.eb12f58a36b5f022ef8b5e271723be0b.jpg

6 holes on the Hotgo Wing Rider

numbers3.jpg.e9dcf9ff1944962a8aa3319aaf6de96a.jpg

10 Holes in Shiekra

numbers4.jpg.c2578c8818e1850ab5d3170476a4fd16.jpg

10 Holes in Mystery Brown Track (There's also a section with 8 perhaps for the station)

Edited by Gutterflower

Other people here are clearly better at these things but is there any reason this isn't for the JP Flyer at USJ? The thicker spine on some of the pics would match with what i remember the flyers having in the station areas.

Anyway just to summarise things so far.

Known rides from B&M for 2016 seem to be as follows

Flying Coaster - Universal Studios Japan

Wing Coaster - Hotgo Park

Hyper Coaster - Sea World

Strongly Rumored or Known but unknown year are

Dive Machine - Cedar Point

Wing Coaster - Canada's Wonderland

Wing Coaster - Wanda City Wuxi

Wing Coaster - Huayi Brother World

As far as I am aware we can only confirm one of those rides has track (The Hotgo park wing coaster is the red track) although SharkTums mentioned USJ already has track on site.

So that leaves the brown seen on the previous pages and the green track from this pic as unknowns

11174735_822697724481180_7617684779285921038_o.jpg

If i was a betting man I'd say Brown is for CP and green for USJ

My reasoning for this is that the Brown track is wider.

Pretty solid point. I tried conparing the holes but couldnt get pictures from the right angle. Are some if these in the back of the thread?

With the holes amd the rectangular connections, its pretty much confirmed as a dive machine (unless B&M pops somethig dofferent on us, which happens a lot in the industry)

And to disprove giga rumors: they use 6-bolt wide spines. This is probably why the large dive machines have retangular connectors, and the gigas' appear more squared. They simply have much different spine widths, and the connectors generally run the length of the spine.

• 2 weeks later...
^Pretty sure brown track is stuff that has yet to be painted. Expect to see a new colour of track next in the future.

I would have agreed with you untill Screamscape posted these pictures

It really is Brown

Just noticed there's unpainted track on the left side of the pic. Wonder what that is.

Also, what about the "bright green" track that was mentioned?

^Pretty sure brown track is stuff that has yet to be painted. Expect to see a new colour of track next in the future.

I would have agreed with you untill Screamscape posted these pictures

It really is Brown

Just noticed there's unpainted track on the left side of the pic. Wonder what that is.

Also, what about the "bright green" track that was mentioned?

Unpainted is Dive track, same as you see on the right. Green is for USJ, its been said a few times on here

That second to last picture confuses me a bit. We can see from the width of the track that it will be a DM, but the base of the lift in that pic has an additional extended piece of spine, like the B&M Gigas.

If the rumors are true this will be the tallest Dive coaster in the world. Perhaps a similar lift structure to their Giga coasters could be put in place.

That dive looks to have a pretty steep lifthill. I mean just that big part looks to be around 40 45 degrees and adding that piece next to it would make me guess a 50 to 55 degree lift will be placed. Then again I have the tendency to look at things funny.

That second to last picture confuses me a bit. We can see from the width of the track that it will be a DM, but the base of the lift in that pic has an additional extended piece of spine, like the B&M Gigas.

I think the track piece to the right of the lift piece is giving off that illusion. Check it out again and see if you agree.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was not looking at the spine, but instead I was looking at the rails. My bad.

Edited by FSUFanChris

In addition, only Dive Coasters have 2 sets of antirollbacks on both sides (the other B&M styles only have one)

I seriously just spent more time than I should have looking through hundreds of Dive Machine, and other B&M Coaster photos! Very interesting fact you pointed out. I have never noticed that Dive Machines are the only B&M Coasters with anti-rollbacks on both sides of the chain!! Nice catch.

While it's technically not 100% confirmed to go to Cedar Point (even though likely), that is absolutely dive machine track--no question.

Edit: Oh, and I'd like to add in case some didn't notice, the lift track piece is titled on its side. If you look at the anti-rollbacks, they should be facing the other way. So that "extended" piece is going to face down towards the ground, just like it does on GateKeeper, the gigas, etc.

^Also a nice catch, I never noticed that! Maybe they will use the giga coaster large lift spine on this one? Looks like B&M is trying new things...

^^haha, I also spent like 15 minutes going through a large amount of photos to make sure I was right and it seems I was. Lol dive machines are weird. Some of the newer ones have brake fins like Intamin's for example