TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WDW Polynesian Resort New Additions Grand Opening!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Sunset Point, that's it! Awesome, I'm glad it's still there. It's a bit less secluded now with the Bungalows but whatever it's still a great little spot to catch the fireworks (and drool over rooms I'll never stay in).

On a side note they used to sell a print of a painting in the Poly gift shop of that spot and the view over the lagoon to the Magic Kingdom. I bought the painting but it broke in my luggage on the trip home after we got engaged there and I've NEVER been able to find it anywhere. Not in the gift shop, not at the Art of Disney store at Downtown Disney, I even contacted several artists who's prints are sold in various Disney gift shops and none of them knew where to find it. Every single one of them knew exactly which painting I was talking about but not a one knew who painted it or where I could find it.

With that being said 10 gold doubloons to anyone who knows where I can find a copy of that darn painting.

These look amazing! My partner and I have always wanted to stay in a "Bungalow on the water" kind of hotel. Recently, we have always been looking at taking a trip to WDW. Looks like we can now mash the two together into one vacation! We will for sure be staying here!!

When's the TPR meet-up at Trader Sam's?

When the wait isn't 2-3 hours to get in...

That blows my mind. Unless they are pouring super rare liquor as the house liquor at house prices...people are just insane!

This place looks so incredible, especially when there's a hot tub on the balcony for you to watch the fireworks in.

Wonder if Mosquito is a problem there though...

I imagine they took that into account and it's not a problem.

I imagine they took that into account and it's not a problem.

If they have that figured out I'd appreciate it if they'd share their secret with the rest of this bug ridden state, we could use the help! (Not now, but give it a few months and they'll be everywhere)

Edited by Hilltopper39

I don't think anywhere on Disney property has a mosquito problem (maybe Fort Wilderness). From what I remember Disney has a bunch of tiny, almost invisible bugs all over the place that eat the eggs of bigger and more annoying bugs so they don't become problematic.

Anyway, these bungalows look absolutely awesome! I'm gonna have to persuade the folks to lend me some points for a weekend there as soon as the next one is available. People can complain about Disney all they want but there's no denying they put their 110% into those hotels.

Wow, this looks cool. I doubt I'll ever be able to afford the bungalows, but if I could ever stay in just a regular room at the Polynesian Resort I'd be happy. I went to Trader Sam's at Disneyland Hotel in February, so I know how fun that place is. It's a perfect fit for the Polynesian Resort.

Interesting, I mean it's certianly out of my price range but I'm sure Disney won't have any toruble keeping those things booked all of the time.

I would be shocked if they aren't already booked solid for the first year!

Right now ALL DVC members can book the bungalows up till Nov 2nd.

As of this post 54 days are sold out. 160 days are still free to book.

I'm surprised how easy it is to book a bungalow.

But then again im not surprised. The points needed for just a 3 night stay (480) cost almost as much as a 10 night stay in a 2bed at BLT (498).

^Yes, but I can see and buy plenty of DVC rooms that they know they won't sell to DVC Owners. Hopefully the bungalows will show up at some point also.

That is not how the DVC rooms work. DVC allows 2% of the rooms to be available for cash reservations. In addition to these, if anyone has traded out book the Disney Collection , or used their points for a cruise during this time, then DVC can recoup those costs as well by selling cash rooms.

No one knows how Disney selects rooms to turn to cash for this purpose. So if someone buys a cruise on points then random bungalow nights may become cash. However Id suspect they would turn studios to cash first to ensure they can get their $$ back for the cruise.

Also Poly DVC owners would have to use their points for say a cruise for Poly rooms to turn to cash. And with Poly being new I don't think many Poly owners will be trading their points out.

However Disney does not send DVC points rooms to cash because they are not selling in DVC.

NOTE: Any Member inventory not reserved by members using points is made available to Disney CRO at the 60-day mark for cash reservations by the general public. This is actually beneficial to DVC members, in that the association earns “breakage” income on these rooms rather than letting them sit empty.

Edited by Millionaire2K

Those rooms are too nice to leave unsold...Disney would be stupid to leave them empty and not at least try to test the market selling those to everyone.

Any Member inventory not reserved by members using points is made available to Disney CRO at the 60-day mark for cash reservations by the general public. This is actually beneficial to DVC members, in that the association earns “breakage” income on these rooms rather than letting them sit empty.