TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Pendulum Flat Ride?

Didn't see a thread of this on here, so thought I'd make one!

Personally, out of the two models I've done, Mondial Revolution (Psyclone at Canada's Wonderland), and a small 10 or 12 seat Moser Rides model (not sure of the name) at Galaxyland Park in the West Edmonton Mall, I'd pick the Mondial ride hands down. Both rides were intense, but the Mondial version, due to it's larger size/swing arc felt a whole lot smoother. The other model more or less did this ... Felt like I got off an SLC after that one

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thread! I love these rides, and have done the following:

KMG XXL (at fairs)

KMG Freak Out (at fairs)

KMG Afterburner 24 (at fairs) and 32 (park version)

Mondial Mistral (at fairs)

Huss Frisbee (at fairs)

Huss Giant Frisbee (park version)

Intamin Gyro Swing (park version)

Huss Pirate Ship (at fairs and theme parks)

I have to say it's a tie between the XXL and Huss Giant Frisbee. I love the sheer power of the XXL plus how much it spins and the Huss Giant Frisbee is really exhilerating. Least favourite is the Freak Out as they all seem so badly run, even at fairs. The Mondial Mistral was pretty average too. The Afterburner 24 is a lot of fun too but it's been ages since I've ridden one

Best swing ride I have ever done is Konga which is a brilliantly themed KMG XXL... it has a funhouse style queue now and the staff all wear safari outfits! Here's a video

Since riding the two Zamperla Giant Discovery rides in Scandinavia last year at BonBon Land and Tusenfryd, they are now my favourite pendulum flat ride. Amazing rides and they look super impressive too!

The S&S Screamin' Swing is my favorite type of pendulum ride. While the smaller ones aren't too exciting, the bigger ones are great and one particular one (the Giant Canyon Swing at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park) is probably the scariest ride I've ever been on. I'm also partial to the classic pirate ship if it runs a good program, as it's one of those simpler flats that still gives a good ride. As for spinning pendulums, I don't like any of the models where you face outward as those tend to make me very dizzy. I do like the older Huss Frisbees (the ones with the floor), and of the other manufacturers I find the rarer Technical Park rides tend to be better than KMG's version.

I never really had much of an opinion on this until I rode a Zamperla Giant Discovery (Black Widow at Kennywood). That ride blows all of the others I've been on away.

Black Widow is ridiculously better than MaXair (which was previously my favorite).

I do really want to try SpinCycle (Maxi Dance Party 360) at Silverwood.

• 1 month later...
The S&S Screamin' Swing is my favorite type of pendulum ride. While the smaller ones aren't too exciting, the bigger ones are great and one particular one (the Giant Canyon Swing at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park) is probably the scariest ride I've ever been on.

I just found POV of the swing you mentioned... I was trying to find who actually manufactured it? In this article it says the park's owner "designed" it, but I have a feeling that by "design," they mean he said, "HEY lets put a giant swing on the edge of this cliff because ADVENTURE PARK!!"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2368272/Is-worlds-scariest-swing-New-Giant-Canyon-ride-installed-edge-1-300ft-cliff.html

pre-emptive edit: before I posted I looked at more video and found out it is an S&S, but I'll still post because the claim that the park owner designed it is funny to me

The S&S Screamin' Swing is my favorite type of pendulum ride. While the smaller ones aren't too exciting, the bigger ones are great and one particular one (the Giant Canyon Swing at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park) is probably the scariest ride I've ever been on.

I just found POV of the swing you mentioned... I was trying to find who actually manufactured it? In this article it says the park's owner "designed" it, but I have a feeling that by "design," they mean he said, "HEY lets put a giant swing on the edge of this cliff because ADVENTURE PARK!!"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2368272/Is-worlds-scariest-swing-New-Giant-Canyon-ride-installed-edge-1-300ft-cliff.html

pre-emptive edit: before I posted I looked at more video and found out it is an S&S, but I'll still post because the claim that the park owner designed it is funny to me

There were 2 swings in the park's history. One was an in-house ride, the other was not. The old one was perched a little higher and was initially kind of like a homemade Skycoaster, but was later modified to be more of a rigid ride. That version was abandoned a few years ago after the S&S one was installed. The old loading area now serves as an observation deck for the new one (hell, pretty much the entire structure is still there).

Pulled this up from an old TR that shows the in-house swing:

^I've heard a lot of people mention this ride. Anyone know what makes this version so much better than stuff like MaxAir?

Having ridden both, I would say that I prefer the restraints as well as the wider arc of Black Widow. Max air has better load times though. Way better.