TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

looking for cheap hotel near wdw

My daughter has a season pass to wdw and is planning a spur of the moment visit to wdw this week. I'm trying to find her a inexpensive hotel near wdw. What would you recommend that I tell her?? She does have a car for transportation, but would prefer to be closer5 if possible Any help is greatly appreciated!!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year we wanted to go to Orlando and get a cheap hotel too. Normally that's fine... as long as the place is clean if we're spending the whole day at a park we don't care about the hotel. Super 8, Motel 6 and places like that are fine with us on trips where we're never in the room BUT there are some horrible, horrible hotels in Orlando so be careful.

We ended up staying at the Metropolitan Resort in Orlando and after one night we ate the cost of the room for the entire trip and booked a $150/night room at the Courtyard Marriott just because of how bad it was. Robb and the other Orlando locals will be more help than me but learn from my mistakes... In Orlando it might be worth it to pay a little more for a hotel that doesn't have a ton of sawdust on the floor (that happened), guys trying to sell you watches in the parking lot (that happened) and black mold everywhere (that happened too, really). Orlando has some awful hotels if you're not careful.

I personally really loved the best western plus on international in Orlando. Super cheap, clean, and very friendly staff! I will stay here from now on as my last trip I stayed at cabana bay and had an absolutely terrible experience with their staff. I will never return. Even after mynegative survey, I was never called to find out why my ratings were so low, or to find out what made my experience a bad one. Terrible customer service all around. With that being said, again, best western plus on international has been fantastic.

They are closer to Universal. But it's only 20 minutes from WDW. Not bad at all!

I stayed at one of the on-site value hotels, as well (specifically All-Star Music). Considering it was only about $80/night with all of the perks (EMH, transportation, etc.), you can't go wrong. Other than being extensively themed, there aren't a ton of extra amenities like the more expensive resorts.

In case you don't know that it exists, Google Hotel Finder is incredibly useful for this purpose. Their search filters make it even better. From my experience though, Baymont Inn and Suites Celebration fit the bill; pretty cheap, clean, free continental breakfast. The only problem I noticed was that the facility needed new paint in some spots, but if you can live with that then all is fine.

Just looking for a cheaper hotel. Won't be spending much time in the room other than sleeping. Will be at the park most of the time and trying to save money. Want a place that is clean and don't need any amenities

On property value resorts like All-Stars and Pop Century are best for this. EMH perks and no parking fees anywhere in WDW, including the parks' parking lots.

Hotwire or Priceline, it's not that hard to do and hasn't been since these websites appeared.

In October my mom booked the 2.5 star Springhill with breakfast on I-Drive through name-your-own for 48 dollars a night.

Stay on property at All Star or Pop, or just pick any 2.5 or better on those websites.

We stayed on I-Drive in 2013 in a hotel called Four Points by Sheraton, booked through our holiday company in the UK it was something silly like £35 per night ($50?) - very clean and tidy, huge rooms (we had two king size beds)

Ask for a room on a high floor with views of Universal Studios!