TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR in Mexico 2015!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard good things about Medusa Steel Coaster, but this is the first time I've seen a review by someone familiar with all of Rocky Mountain's creations. I would never have expected to find a travel-worthy coaster in Mexico, let alone a top five steel coaster. If TPR does another trip down there and I don't have something preventing me from going I'm definitely in, as Mexico has just been added to my bucket list of international theme park destinations.

Wow! These photos look amazing! How would you personally rank existing RMC coasters, Robb?

I'm honestly not sure I could rank them, but if i had to it would look something like this:

1. Texas Giant, Outlaw Run, Medusa

2. Iron Rattler

3. Goliath

I seriously cannot separate the top 3.

I remember not being overly impressed with the POVs that came out when the ride opened, but I found a fresh POV and holy crap does the pacing look awesome now!

Imagine El Toro but with a Medusa first drop

Wow! These photos look amazing! How would you personally rank existing RMC coasters, Robb?

I'm honestly not sure I could rank them, but if i had to it would look something like this:

2. Iron Rattler

3. Goliath

Why did you put Goliath as #3? Just curious.

Can you guys check on the status of Zombie Ride at Bosque Magico (maybe even get a construction tour). It be nice to see pics of that ride and where it is with construction and/or how the dual station is looking/progressing.

Um, you do realize that park is a two hour flight from where we are at, right? "Hang on a second, let me just stop by real quick and check it out!"

Can you guys check on the status of Zombie Ride at Bosque Magico (maybe even get a construction tour). It be nice to see pics of that ride and where it is with construction and/or how the dual station is looking/progressing.

Um, you do realize that park is a two hour flight from where we are at, right? "Hang on a second, let me just stop by real quick and check it out!"

LOL

Medusa just looks insane! And from reading your enthusiasm throughout your review it must be incredible!

really sceptic about the lapbars though. Had a very unpleasant ride on skyscream in Holidaypark due to that extra pillow pressing on my legs. (being 1,90m (6,4") and skinny) How is that with Medusa, Outlawrun, and Iron rattler?

I have to figure out how to get on an RMC this year....has to happen, bottom line.

SFNE might be my best bet unless I can get a trip for work to Mexico and organize a side trip to this park. Medusa certainly looks amazing!

2. Iron Rattler

3. Goliath

I expected something like that! thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I'm not sure how long you guys spent at La Feria, but when I was there back in December I was very bummed at first because the only coasters operating were the wild mouse and Montana Rusa. However about an hour later the shuttle loop opened up. They began to test Montana Triple Loop and we wandered over there, but the guy told us it wasn't open. We then got out of him that it would be opening at Noon and sure enough it did!

I guess I just got lucky!

Also glad to see you finally got on Medusa! It's the only reason I even considered going down there last year! It seriously kicks some a$$! Out of all the RMC I rank it 3rd behind Outlaw Run and Iron Rattler. Followed by Texas Giant and Goliath!

Medusa just looks insane! And from reading your enthusiasm throughout your review it must be incredible!

really sceptic about the lapbars though. Had a very unpleasant ride on skyscream in Holidaypark due to that extra pillow pressing on my legs. (being 1,90m (6,4") and skinny) How is that with Medusa, Outlawrun, and Iron rattler?

I did not notice the leg beam on Medusa at all. Neither did my friend, he's 6'0. It is a little snug, but it did not affect the ride...at all. I also found them to be more padded than the ones on Full Throttle at SFMM, which I DO notice when I ride.

See...they are padded and snug, but not uncomfortable. Just remember, it's either that or an obnoxious OTSR!

I'm not sure how long you guys spent at La Feria, but when I was there back in December I was very bummed at first because the only coasters operating were the wild mouse and Montana Rusa. However about an hour later the shuttle loop opened up. They began to test Montana Triple Loop and we wandered over there, but the guy told us it wasn't open. We then got out of him that it would be opening at Noon and sure enough it did!

We were there pretty much the entire day and we had one of the operations managers with us the first half of the day.