TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WB Movie World - Riders Evacuated From Green Lantern

Hi All,

I was actually one of the people trapped on the ride in the upper cart in the front row. The whole cart actually derailed and we were on a lean too but the two people in the back were on more of a lean. One of them was a young girl who was very brave and as far as we know is unharmed. 3 of us in the front got hurt from impact.

It was terrifying, and this was my favourite ride at Movie World too. I felt like I could actually feel the cart slide out from the tracks and could feel the cart tipping, I thought we were starting to fall when the back cart tipped but we hung in there. There was a loud noise and when we stopped hard and suddenly I could see and hear everyone from the line screaming and running out of the line. We read in an article one of the rescuers said we were just hanging in there which is very scary to think but they were amazing and kept all of us calm and did an amazing job with the rescue.

Glad you're okay and welcome to TPR!

Thanks to the chassis that the back part of the vehicle didn't fell off. So glad such a freak accident didn't get more serious,

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All,

I was actually one of the people trapped on the ride in the upper cart in the front row. The whole cart actually derailed and we were on a lean too but the two people in the back were on more of a lean. One of them was a young girl who was very brave and as far as we know is unharmed. 3 of us in the front got hurt from impact.

It was terrifying, and this was my favourite ride at Movie World too. I felt like I could actually feel the cart slide out from the tracks and could feel the cart tipping, I thought we were starting to fall when the back cart tipped but we hung in there. There was a loud noise and when we stopped hard and suddenly I could see and hear everyone from the line screaming and running out of the line. We read in an article one of the rescuers said we were just hanging in there which is very scary to think but they were amazing and kept all of us calm and did an amazing job with the rescue.

I'm glad you're safe and well. Theme park rides are really safe so it's such a shock when something like this happens, but I'm glad that the emergency workers did such a good job of looking after you guys.

They took great care of us, making jokes to calm us down and reassuring us while the whole process was happening. It was my sister (who you can see from all photos), myself, the my parter and my dad who was on the other end of the cart. Then there was a mother and daughter behind us from the most leaning point. The little girl was so brave.