TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I-X Indoor Amusement Park Question

In looking at different youtube vids, I came across a video for a new indoor amusement theme park that opened in March 2014.

Video I found:

It basically looks like an indoor building full of popular fun carnival rides, but where this park is in Ohio, seems like it'd be a fun place to go during the winter time when the outdoor parks are closed for thrills.

Has anyone else here heard of/been to this one?

MODERATOR EDIT: Please note that only site moderators can start "discussion threads." I've edited your thread title accordingly. Carry on.

Edited by cfc

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't gone for a very long time, but It has a great selection of rides, mostly supplied by Bates Amusements of Wintersville, Ohio. The Chance giant wheel that goes through the roof is a permanent ride, and it operates when the IX Center holds events during the year.

One main reason i stopped going was the fact that it got so loud and the rides tend to kick up some dust, so my allergies take a wallop. I guess I'm getting old.

I wrote up a photo TR a few years ago when I was actually back home in Cleveland for spring break. I remember it being better when I was younger, probably because I could actually do spinning rides without feeling nauseated! Usually they have a spinning wild mouse, but they used to also have a Galaxi and a log flume. I'm pretty sure the Galaxi has been scrapped and I don't know how often the log flume shows up these days.

Edit: Added link to TR.

I know the Crazy mouse is owned by Amusements of America. Not sure why it didn't show up last year.

Not sure if the Galaxy coaster was owned by Amusements of America, but if it was, and named "Avalanche", then that would have been the one they sold. Avalanche would have been owned by Geauga Lake and then Holiday World in its life.

The Indoor park used to much larger as previously stated, but I don't think it was ever at the point where it took up the entire IX Center, but I would say about 2/3 of it. I went the first few years as a kid and it was simply amazing, mostly because I hadn't seen many of the rides before. (Some rides they had in the past: Falling Star, Scrambler, Spider, Sea Dragon, Typhoon/Orbiter, Blackout/Force 10)

I missed a few other seasons, went in 1996 when they debuted this interesting "new" ride called "The Chaos" and I think again in 1998 when they debuted the "Inverter". I think the last time I went was in 2000.

They've started advertising for this year's event and the Spinning Mouse will be back this year. Also they are advertising Sea Lion Splash, which sounds like the same show that was at Darien Lake a couple seasons' ago.

More than likely they will have the KMG Freak Out, which is probably the most popular ride there. Nothing like swinging close to the ceiling on that one.

According to the ride list on the IX Centers website, the log flume will not be in attendance this year but the Crazy Mouse will be. No new rides will be present this year... Just the old standbys like the KMG Freak Out, the ARM Vertigo, Chance Zipper, Larson Shock Drop and the ARM G-Force.

Does I-X still have a ride similar to, and made by the same company as, the Scrambler?

It may have gone by any or all of the following: Cycloid, FireStorm, Outer Limits ... and was owned by Bates. I checked out this years ride list and nothing stands out.

It's similar to a Scrambler but with the seat oriented such that instead of lateral forces you're pushed into the seat. And with much greater angular acceleration.

Does anyone know its fate if it no longer appears at I-X?

I went to this every year when I was younger. Haven't been now in maybe 10ish years but I have great memories of going, however at the same time nothing really stands out for me to want to go back.

Does I-X still have a ride similar to, and made by the same company as, the Scrambler?

It may have gone by any or all of the following: Cycloid, FireStorm, Outer Limits ... and was owned by Bates. I checked out this years ride list and nothing stands out.

It's similar to a Scrambler but with the seat oriented such that instead of lateral forces you're pushed into the seat. And with much greater angular acceleration.

Does anyone know its fate if it no longer appears at I-X?

I'm not sure what it's whereabouts are, but I haven't seen it at the IX in a WHILE. I didn't go the past two years though so theres a very, very small possibility it's back. I remember that ride though, it's first year there, they had it blocked off in curtains, so it was in the pitch-black with strobes. VERY intense compared to a standard scrambler if I remember correctly.