TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Roller Coaster Announcement

As enthusiasts, we all look forward to parks announcing new roller coasters. What announcement was your favorite?

For me, the clear winner was Banshee. Between the comb invites and the ode to SOB in the announcement video, it was above the rest for me. Especially when you throw in the "Bat" teases.

What's yours?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My personal favorite has to be Gold Striker, after not having a new coaster at CGA for almost 10 years, it was about damn time.

Also being a part of the promotional shoot which let me be one of the official first riders, as well as on the train for opening day before they opened it to the public.

Definitely noteworthy in my books.

My favorite Roller coaster announcement was definitely Top Thrill Dragster. Mainly because it was so... Massive and ... Fast ... And amazing when they announced it... It shattered world records and made its way into my coaster heart.

Mine would have to be Thunderbird. This is mainly because HW is my home park. I do have to the say that lead up to the announcement with the 66 days at sea and the hints in the blog posts made it that much better.

My 2nd favorite would be Banshee. The video package Kings Island and Cedar Fair put together for the Banshee announcement was awesome.

Son of Beast. I wish Montel could announce every coaster.

In all seriousness I'll have to split this into two categories.

Best lead up to an announcement - Thunderbird. It was fun reading the journal entries for over 60 days looking for clues. Construction was going on at the same time, which made it more fun.

Best announcement - X. I chose X not for the spectacle, but for the ride itself. A 4D coaster was such a crazy idea and provided a one of a kind experience. I was so excited to go to SFMM in 2002 and ride X. I was very disappointed that I wasn't able to ride it and it still bothers me today. X is my great white buffalo and hopefully I can ride it someday.

I have to go with the Voyage. The lead up to the ride's announcement was great and the final renderings made my jaw drop. I didn't think a ride could contain that much airtime. I still have to get out to Santa Claus, Indiana to ride it someday.

• 2 weeks later...