TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Facebook Questions

1. Do you have your videos set to auto-play on your: a. desktop computer and/or b. mobile device?

(or if you don't know, just tell us if the videos auto-play or not in your newsfeed.)

Nope. I'm always annoyed at news sites that autoplay their videos.

2. Do you regularly "share" content from Facebook "page" (like the TPR page) to your own personal Facebook page? And have you shared something from the TPR page?

Rarely. I've only done this when I've been in the video. I've shared a few anti-Blackfish articles too, as I feel like SeaWorld has been unfairly treated in that instance.

3. What kind of content are you most likely to share? (Videos, Photos, News Stories, etc?)

Videos, maybe photos. I don't share much often because almost all of my friends who I would consider theme park fans already follow TPR, the rest of my friends could probably care less about rollercoasters.

4. How long on average do you watch a video posted to Facebook for? Do you watch the entire video? First 30 seconds? Until you get bored?

I don't typically watch videos posted to Facebook. Usually I'll see TPR content via Twitter or in my Youtube feed.

5. How important are "video thumbnails" to you? (the image you see with the > Play icon before you click to watch a video)

Not important.

6. What do you like/dislike about Facebook? What features do you use the most and which ones annoy you?

I mostly use Facebook for Messenger and to see friends' updates. I tend to use Twitter to get my theme park fix, as I find it's a better platform for news-style updates. I think my least favourite thing on Facebook is clickbait links - "you won't believe what Disney is doing in Orlando!" - that seem to be everywhere, although I don't recall TPR doing this.

7. Is there anything that TPR does or doesn't do on Facebook that you think we should be doing more/less of?

Some of the discussions can be amusing. I like seeing trip/construction reports featured. I'm not a fan of the "who wishes they were at xxx park right now?" style of post, but that's a minor quibble. Only suggestion would be a little more balance between Orlando and rest-of-the-world content. You touched on this in response to an earlier post - I'll add that there's already a ton of Disney fansites out there, and what has always made TPR unique is the great coverage of parks that aren't Disney or Universal. While I enjoy TPR's spin on the Disney stuff, it's possible to have too much Frozen/Newsies/Big Hero 6 coverage. But overall I think you're using the social media platforms very effectively, Robb. Great job!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Do you have your videos set to auto-play on your: a. desktop computer and/or b. mobile device?

(or if you don't know, just tell us if the videos auto-play or not in your newsfeed.)

No

2. Do you regularly "share" content from Facebook "page" (like the TPR page) to your own personal Facebook page? And have you shared something from the TPR page?

Not regularly, but I do occasionally share. And I have from the TPR page.

3. What kind of content are you most likely to share? (Videos, Photos, News Stories, etc?)

Cool videos or awesome industry news

4. How long on average do you watch a video posted to Facebook for? Do you watch the entire video? First 30 seconds? Until you get bored?

Until I get bored is a good way to put it

5. How important are "video thumbnails" to you? (the image you see with the > Play icon before you click to watch a video)

Not hugely important. But if I see a ride I want I'll click it. It helps to have the ride in the thumbnail.

6. What do you like/dislike about Facebook? What features do you use the most and which ones annoy you?

I like most of it. I use chat a lot, I like a lot of stuff. Nothing I hate, really.

7. Is there anything that TPR does or doesn't do on Facebook that you think we should be doing more/less of?

I think you're doing okay. But isn't there a question option? Some fun polls or something would be kinda cool.

Yes to computer, no to mobile device because I still don't have a smart phone. There are times I want to turn it off, but in general, I'm fine with leaving it on.

Not usually. A lot of my friends aren't enthusiasts, and I'm a little self-conscious about over-saturating their news feed with roller coaster stuff. But I do occasionally share the contents of question 3.

A majority of TPR content I share are news/announcements that I feel others might be interested. Even if it's far away, a lot of the really big stuff usually does generate plenty of excitement. Every now and again, I'll share a video if, again, it's interesting; or if it means something to me or someone else.

It really all depends on the video in particular. Some videos I will completely skip or maybe watch five seconds in, but that's typically the case if I've already seen it on Youtube, or if I'm just passing through to see how my friends and family are doing. I'll almost always watch the video all the way through if it's something I hadn't seen before, something I hadn't seen in a long time, something I'll be riding in the near future that I'm extremely excited for, or something hilarious.

5. How important are "video thumbnails" to you?

Not terribly. I'm not a fan of text in the thumbnail, but I'm not against it either. The thumbnails do typically do a good job of reminding me if I had watched that video or not.

Invites to play games/game progress notifications. I also don't like getting ads for that one thing I looked up that one time and now Facebook thinks I'm obsessed with it. One thing that has been bugging me are people tagging their friends in the comment section of a photo or video. It's not something to start a boycott over, but I much prefer seeing actual discussion.

Overall, it's great. I would like to see something like the "Ostrich getting run over by a roller coaster" thing happen again; something special that can provide a week's worth of fun during a tedious off-season.

-Mine is set to auto play on both my PC and Mobile Devices.

-I don't share on a regular basis, but occasionally I do share things that I find really cool about new attractions or new features found at parks I fly to visit each year.

-I typically share photos, but if it's a neat POV of a ride I'm gonna go ride soon, I'll share that as well.

-I typically will watch the whole video unless I've seen it before.

-I'm not picky, I'll usually watch if it looks interesting or the title catches my eye.

-Because it's Facebook The purpose that TPR uses it for though is just fine, I enjoy having TPR stuff fill up my feed rather than a lot of the negative stuff in the world.

-Offering autographed Rob food bibs!

I do not have videos set to auto play. This can also answer question 6. Auto play annoys the hell out of me. See question 6 for why.

It depends. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I've been sharing less recently, mainly because I do have a lot of roller coaster friends already, and they've shared it multiple times, I don't want to so to speak over saturate my newsfeed with something. But if it's something I did or am doing and TPR posts it, I'll share it along the lines of Hey, I've been here, it's a cool place, or this ride was OMG amazing.

I share the POV videos, I'd share some photos of rides if they are unique.

Generally watch the whole video, unless it's something that I'm not into, then I'll stop it.

Half the time I don't notice what it is. As long as I know what ride it is by the description, thumbnail doesn't matter to me.

Auto playing of videos. There are times, when I'm just scrolling and having a video play and at times with sound, isn't cool. If I want to watch a video, I'll press play. There are also times where I'm somewhere quick checking something and a video starts playing and I'm not in a place for video watching.

I feel like you guys are getting a good grasp of the social media aspect of running a website. I'm sure there are always more or less or different things that can be done, but generally it's a trial and error until you feel like something has clicked.

Nope.

Almost never. It would take a press release of a spectacular innovative new ride to make me do that.

Probably videos.

I watch the whole thing. I have lots of patience and a big attention span.

Personally, they are unimportant. I know the industry enough to know what you are referring to with mere text. That being said, for the majority of the GP who knows much less than we do, I suspect it would be wise to further clue them in on what it's about.

I watch your videos the most by far. But I'm also subscribed to your Youtube channel, so I'll see from whatever source.

I can't think of anything.

By the way, WHO IS NINA KLEPPE?

(or if you don't know, just tell us if the videos auto-play or not in your newsfeed.) No...eats up bandwith

2. Do you regularly "share" content from Facebook "page" (like the TPR page) to your own personal Facebook page? And have you shared something from the TPR page? Yes, several times a day sometimes.

3. What kind of content are you most likely to share? (Videos, Photos, News Stories, etc?) Depends....Breaking news and videos .

4. How long on average do you watch a video posted to Facebook for? Do you watch the entire video? First 30 seconds? Until you get bored? Most of, if not all the video. I enjoy your p.o.v videos, but the footage afterwards is boring to me(no offense) like the back seat view and reverse p.o.v.

5. How important are "video thumbnails" to you? (the image you see with the > Play icon before you click to watch a video) no opinion

6. What do you like/dislike about Facebook? What features do you use the most and which ones annoy you? I like the ability to share your content with my friends and family.

7. Is there anything that TPR does or doesn't do on Facebook that you think we should be doing more/less of? Please keep the Disney stuff coming. Epcot is my favorite park, and I love to see all the updates being made to it. It would also be nice to see some of the shows at all the theme parks you visit.

I'm really not much of a fan of Facebook, and very rarely use it, so if my responses are irrelevent, please ignore.

I don't have videos set to auto-play on either device.

I don't think I've ever shared any content of any kind on Facebook.

See No. 2.

Until I get bored.

Very important. If there is no thumbnail, I don't bother.

I usually only go to Facebook after being tagged, or alerted in some way. Then I'll maybe check the newsfeed or whatever it's called, and if there's something funny, I'll take a moment to check that out. But I really don't do much with it. #CrankyOldMan

I do think the "eating reaction faces" someone else mentioned earlier is a GREAT idea! But as long as TPR continues to do the awesome job it does on these forums, I'm happy as a clam.

1. Do you have your videos set to auto-play on your: a. desktop computer

2. Do you regularly "share" content from Facebook "page" (like the TPR page) to your own personal Facebook page? And have you shared something from the TPR page? YES

3. What kind of content are you most likely to share? Videos

4. How long on average do you watch a video posted to Facebook for? the entire video

5. How important are "video thumbnails" to you? (the image you see with the > Play icon before you click to watch a video) VERY IMPORTANT

6. What do you like/dislike about Facebook? THE JURY IS STILL OUT What features do you use the most(SHARING CONTENT) and which ones annoy you? ADS

7. Is there anything that TPR does or doesn't do on Facebook that you think we should be doing more/less of? CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING

Do you have your videos set to auto-play on your: a. desktop computer and/or b. mobile device?

Videos auto play in my Facebook feeds

I regularly share posts and/or videos from TPR on facebook

Most likely to share videos, park information & event (coastermania, west coast bash) information

I generally watch the entire video

Somewhat important

Just keep the videos & park/event info coming

Club TPR is here! Register NOW!

TPR is on: Twitter | Face Book | YouTube | Instagram | Tumblr

This is my life: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/making_things

a. Yes

b. No

Yes and yes

whatever interests me

Usually the whole thing unless it's boring to me

Not very important

I hate that Messenger shows your location when you send someone a message.

No, you are awesome!

Yes

On an occasion here and there I'll share something onto my page.

Photos & Videos are what I share the most.

Usually the first 30 seconds or until I get bored. If I'm just scrolling through my news feed it's rare I'll watch an entire video.

Not important at all.

I like that I can keep track of a lot of news in one place.

For me personally I'd like to see more theme park news, and I think the amount of POV's shared on TPR's page is just the right amount.

For me personally I'd like to see more theme park news

The thing about posting "more theme park news" is that we are limited to the amount of news that's actually out there! In the last few days we did post about the new Animal Kingdom stuff, the new WDW hub, Fury 325's lift hill lighting, BGW's coaster getting announced, the Mickey hat coming down, King Kong at Universal Orlando, Cannibal's construction update, Twisted Colossus' update, etc.

There isn't THAT much news happening at the moment, but we will most certainly post as much of it when it happens!

(or if you don't know, just tell us if the videos auto-play or not in your newsfeed.) No for both a and b.

2. Do you regularly "share" content from Facebook "page" (like the TPR page) to your own personal Facebook page? And have you shared something from the TPR page? No, and I don't recall.

3. What kind of content are you most likely to share? (Videos, Photos, News Stories, etc?) N/A

4. How long on average do you watch a video posted to Facebook for? Do you watch the entire video? First 30 seconds? Until you get bored? I watch most TPR videos in their entirety. I may, on occasion, fast forward the lift hill and/or off-ride shots, depending on the ride. For non-TPR videos it varies based on the content.

5. How important are "video thumbnails" to you? (the image you see with the > Play icon before you click to watch a video) Not important at all.

6. What do you like/dislike about Facebook? What features do you use the most and which ones annoy you? I like being able to check in on what friends choose to share about what the are doing. I use the picture viewing feature. I don't use (or am not aware of) enough other features to be annoyed by them.

7. Is there anything that TPR does or doesn't do on Facebook that you think we should be doing more/less of? I like what TPR does and I don't notice anything missing.

Videos are set for auto-play on my mobile devices and not on my laptop. Are people even still buying desktop computers?

Definitely shared content from the TPR Facebook page - especially on stuff related to my local park(s) and projects I've been involved with

Most likely to share videos and industry-related news

I watch the entire POV-segment of the videos. I tend to skip through a lot of off-ride footage

Very important. That thumbnail is the "teaser" A good video thumbnail significantly increases the likelihood of clicking that play icon!

Seriously dislike Game, Like, and Ap requests. And there is no better way to convince me to drop someone as a friend is a creepy person who uses the "poke" function!

The random TPR videos are fantastic. More industry news would be appreciated. Less Disney stuff and more news on parks around the US and around the world. I know WDW is TPR's "local" park, but need to even-out the coverage with all the other parks. For example, did you know there is a park in the Netherlands building the most incredible drop coaster ever created?

Hello,

yes, I have videos set to autoplay on both computers and mobile devices.

I share content on Facebook consistently and yes, I have shared something from the TPR page.

I share any kind of content - whatever I like or think my friends would like.

I watch almost all videos posted that pique my interest usually until I get bored.

I would say that 70% of the time the reason I watch videos is because of the thumbnail.

I love that FB has allowed me to stay in contact with people that I don't see frequently or at all and maintain friendships. Unfortunately, with that comes so much useless information sometimes it's hard to weed through it and potentially miss something I'd actually want to see.

Hmmm...not sure of this yet. I love the videos and I love getting information, so keep that up.

Absolutely not... Hate auto-play!

I usually don't share much of anything. I don't believe I have shared any TPR stuff.

Photos or non-news articles if I do... Funny stores, beer news/releases and debatable stuff.

I will usually watch the entire video if it interests me, otherwise skip to the content I care about.

Not at all.

I am so-so with facebook... I like it because it's the only real way to keep in touch with people anymore since the fallout of messengers and such... I don't really have any annoyances that I can think of except for people who post idiotic things over and over, but that is not FB's fault... Perhaps the auto-play videos are a big annoyance, but that was easily fixed

Not that I can think of.

1. Do you have your videos set to auto-play on your: Yes I do.

2. Do you regularly "share" content from Facebook "page" (like the TPR page) to your own personal Facebook page? And have you shared something from the TPR page? Yes, I regularly share stuff on my facebook page, esp. TPR.

3. What kind of content are you most likely to share? (Videos, Photos, News Stories, etc?) I share about everything.

4. How long on average do you watch a video posted to Facebook for? Do you watch the entire video? First 30 seconds? Until you get bored? THe whole video.

5. How important are "video thumbnails" to you? (the image you see with the > Play icon before you click to watch a video) Somewhat important.

6. What do you like/dislike about Facebook? What features do you use the most and which ones annoy you? I like seeing the different news and videos. Dont really dislike much. Like all the features and dont really get annoyed with anything.

7. Is there anything that TPR does or doesn't do on Facebook that you think we should be doing more/less of? I would share/post more new articles about parks around the world.

(or if you don't know, just tell us if the videos auto-play or not in your newsfeed.). Yes to autolay on my desktop. Can view on my phone and although not autoplay, I will often tap and watch if I don't have a desktop nearby.

No. And the thing is, all the content posted by TPR is awesome and I enjoy watching it, but I'm one who very rarely re-shares anything. It would "clutter" my timeline and while the vids and pics are interesting to me, they would not be to the majority of friends and family on my Facebook. If I shared everything that says "share if you would ride this" - I naturally would be sharing it. Even friends who post pics or vids of requests to share content, yes I love cats, etc., but I am just not inclined to share everything and "clutter" my timeline.

It is unlikely I'll share, but if I did, it would likely be a new story.

It depends on the video - some just are more interesting than others to me. Honestly, I LOVE the thrill of the actual experience of being on rides over watching a video of them.

If it's something I need to click such as on phone, thumbnails are then important to me to garner my interest in clicking to watch.

Feature I dislike about FB is the way groups will often have messages get lost. They aren't organized the way an awesome forum as this one is. Features I use the most are to post personal statuses, pics, and videos.

Perhaps a closed group for TPR members to post in? If there is one and I missed it, then I'll have to hunt a little more.

No. I always disable this horrible feature.

Yes and yes.

Good video or roller coaster related news stories.

Until I lose interest.

The thumbnail makes a difference. If it is an odd screen shot of nothing I usually move on.

I dislike that my feed is not in chronological order and I have to wade through stuff to find recent posts.

7. Is there anything that TPR does or doesn't do on Facebook that you think we should be doing more/less of? I come here for the roller coaster news. I hope to be sharing a lot of great content from China in the coming weeks. Boarding a plane now...

Nope.

Yes, I share. Regularly? Hmmmm depends on your definition of regularly.

POV Videos mostly, photos on occasion.

Depending on the video all of the above?

They can help attract my attention but I usually check out most videos posted by TPR.

I like that its a central place to connect with friends and family, find out about news, check out others photos and videos, promote my art and business, and waste time at work.

More banning the trolls.

No, I hate auto play videos!

I usually share things that are important to me, but I limit my sharing to not spam people's newsfeed. I do share TPR stuff.

News Stories that are important to me, and videos that are inspiring or funny.

I usually don't watch videos on Facebook, try to find Youtube or Vimeo links. If I do, it is not the full video, about the first minute or two.

Extremely important, they are the eye catcher for me to know if I should play the video or not. If it is not interesting then I will just scroll on by.

I hate the crap on Facebook, I am honestly slowly moving away from Facebook because I am sick of the crap on the site. There are too many ads, to much gossip, to much whinny, and to many pity party invites. I do love how I can stay in contact with people from around the world. This is why I do love the messenger app.

You are one of the few pages on Facebook that I follow that I enjoy. I get my humor, my news, and my satisfaction of amusement park videos and photos. Honestly, if you were to add anything new, I would add more throwbacks or flashbacks. I enjoy these bits of history and they could even be TPR related!:)

(or if you don't know, just tell us if the videos auto-play or not in your newsfeed.)No.

Once in a while I will share a video, but I rarely do due to my GP Friends being all confused.

If it's a really cool video.

Until I get bored.

Doesn't matter

I'm have a bunch of dislikes toward Facebook, i.e. the idiots, etc. The only thing I like is that friends have to request instead of me being spammed.

Please post more of the idiotic comments people make!