TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Facebook Questions

1. Do you have your videos set to auto-play on your: a. desktop computer and/or b. mobile device?

(or if you don't know, just tell us if the videos auto-play or not in your newsfeed.)

I have turned off the autoplay in youtube because it was annoying.

2. Do you regularly "share" content from Facebook "page" (like the TPR page) to your own personal Facebook page? And have you shared something from the TPR page?

Don't have a FB account.

3. What kind of content are you most likely to share? (Videos, Photos, News Stories, etc?)

None.

4. How long on average do you watch a video posted to Facebook for? Do you watch the entire video? First 30 seconds? Until you get bored?

I look at the video if it open for none FB users and if is interesting.

5. How important are "video thumbnails" to you? (the image you see with the > Play icon before you click to watch a video)

Not important.

6. What do you like/dislike about Facebook? What features do you use the most and which ones annoy you?

I don't see any point to have a FB account.

7. Is there anything that TPR does or doesn't do on Facebook that you think we should be doing more/less of?

Don't following TPR on FB, so i can't really answer.

/// Marcus "not in to this FB stuff"

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Do you have your videos set to auto-play on your: a. desktop computer and/or b. mobile device?

(or if you don't know, just tell us if the videos auto-play or not in your newsfeed.)

A) Computer: I never selected a setting. Some videos auto-play (including many of TPRs); some don't.

B) Mobile Device: Not sure, it's been a while since I looked at Facebook on my iPhone.

2. Do you regularly "share" content from Facebook "page" (like the TPR page) to your own personal Facebook page? And have you shared something from the TPR page?

I don't share often, but I have on occasion.

3. What kind of content are you most likely to share? (Videos, Photos, News Stories, etc?)

I have shared photos and videos.

4. How long on average do you watch a video posted to Facebook for? Do you watch the entire video? First 30 seconds? Until you get bored?

Really depends. As busy as I am, I tend to spend limited time on Facebook; I don't have a whole lot of time for watching videos. That said, I watch TPR videos more than other videos on FB. If I start watching, I'll probably watch the whole thing. The shorter a video is, the more likely I am to watch.

5. How important are "video thumbnails" to you? (the image you see with the > Play icon before you click to watch a video)

Fairly important - this image is what grabs my attention.

6. What do you like/dislike about Facebook? What features do you use the most and which ones annoy you?

I like Facebook - a great way to stay in touch with friends. But I'm usually only on FB once or twice a day, as it eats up so much time. I mostly look at FB only when sitting down at a computer (whereas I look at Instagram more frequently on my iPhone). My biggest gripe about FB is too much content - some people post too much; FB repeats itself (each time someone comments on a post, FB bumps it up to the top of the newsfeed again); and FB shows me things that aren't relevant (I don't need to see each time a friend "likes" something or gets tagged in a photo). I wish FB was set up more like Instagram (and it used to be) - Instagram shows me everything once only, in chronological order; Instagram has less clutter and takes up less time.

7. Is there anything that TPR does or doesn't do on Facebook that you think we should be doing more/less of?

I like TPR's Facebook presence very much - you guys do an awesome job. Your content is fun and interesting, and you post the right amount. Your posts appear toward the top of my newsfeed, which means I'm interested / paying attention to you guys. Keep it up!

(or if you don't know, just tell us if the videos auto-play or not in your newsfeed.) No.

2. Do you regularly "share" content from Facebook "page" (like the TPR page) to your own personal Facebook page? No. And have you shared something from the TPR page? Yes

3. What kind of content are you most likely to share? (Videos, Photos, News Stories, etc?) Videos

4. How long on average do you watch a video posted to Facebook for? Do you watch the entire video? First 30 seconds? Until you get bored? 2-3 minutes.

5. How important are "video thumbnails" to you? (the image you see with the > Play icon before you click to watch a video) Rather important

6. What do you like/dislike about Facebook? What features do you use the most and which ones annoy you? Dislike is easy - Game Requests (Argh!)

7. Is there anything that TPR does or doesn't do on Facebook that you think we should be doing more/less of? So far so good. I'll keep you posted.

Auto-play is set on my desktop/laptop, but not on my mobile device.

No, I don't regularly share content from pages. I do from time to time, but over the past several months I generally have not. But I have shared things from the TPR Facebook page before!

I would be most likely to share photos and videos.

Until I get bored usually. I'll watch short videos on Facebook (2 minutes or less), but I don't usually have the patience to watch longer ones. If I want to watch a longer video, I'll go to YouTube!

Somewhat important. An appealing thumbnail will grab my attention and will be that much more likely to get me to click on the video! What I absolutely HATE about thumbnails though is when they're doctored to make the video look like something it's not. For example, I've seen thumbnails depicting things that aren't in the actual video!

I like the customized lists/feeds. I have put together ones for theme parks, stuff from my university, close friends, etc. I don't get "poking". I've never understood what the point of that feature is...if someone wants to get my attention, they should post to my wall or message me!

I love the TPR Facebook page the way it is. I like the awesome photos that get posted daily, I'll follow the YouTube links to watch TPR videos, and I like the posts that highlight what's hot on the forum (like recent posts with links to Twisted Colossus updates, press releases from different parks, notable TRs, etc). I honestly don't see the need for change right now. I would say to keep posting photos with your posts- in general, photos grab my attention more than text-only posts!

No Autoplay, not a fan

I never share content. I hate people that share cat/dog video videos. I don't want people to feel the same way about me when I share theme park stuff

None

I only watch sports and TPR videos. I usually watch the whole clip because the sports clips are short and the TPR videos interest me.

Not important, unless the headline is not descriptive

I dislike people on Facebook, no show no accountable for their actions.

As part of social media, Facebook is also inherently evil and will lead to the downfall of civilization.

I know the content I will see in a TPR video before clicking on it. You tease but the descriptions are generally enough for me to know what I'm getting into.

Edited by larrygator

They do not.

Yes and Yes

videos and photos.

Until I get bored.

pretty important. like 7-8 out of 10 in scale.

what I like is it's easily shared.

More petitioning parks to ban selfie sticks?

They autoplay on the desktop and when i'm on WIFI on my iphone.

I share, but not regularly. I have shared TPR posts a couple of times.

I will usually share news stories or photos. Usually something funny or ironic.

I'll watch until I'm bored. When you post POV's I usually stop watching after the first go through (if there are more angles or seat locations, I usually skip it)

I like that they exist but they aren't all that important to me.

I like facebook. I use the news feed most often, as well as chat. Nothing about it really annoys me as of right now, and I actually enjoy that it learns all about me and gears advertising to exactly what I want!

I am very happy with TPR's content. It really ties the room together. As far as more/less of anything....I really like the unique international rides you post and wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

1. Do you have your videos set to auto-play on your: a. desktop computer and/or b. mobile device? - The videos auto-play on my phone, but not on my computer.

2. Do you regularly "share" content from Facebook "page" (like the TPR page) to your own personal Facebook page? And have you shared something from the TPR page? - I haven't shared anything from the Facebook page because I prefer to keep my coaster/park enthusiasm a secret.

3. What kind of content are you most likely to share? (Videos, Photos, News Stories, etc?) - If I decide to share anything in the future, it would probably be an interesting story like a ride announcement.

4. How long on average do you watch a video posted to Facebook for? Do you watch the entire video? First 30 seconds? Until you get bored? - If it's a POV or off-ride footage, I'll usually watch the whole thing. If it's any other video, I'll at least watch some of it.

5. How important are "video thumbnails" to you? (the image you see with the > Play icon before you click to watch a video) - Not that important to me, but some of them make the videos a lot more appealing.

6. What do you like/dislike about Facebook? What features do you use the most and which ones annoy you? - All of the advertisements that pop up on my home page get annoying. I also hate getting tons of game requests from my friends because that's not why I use Facebook.

7. Is there anything that TPR does or doesn't do on Facebook that you think we should be doing more/less of? - I personally really like TPR's Facebook page as it is, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Yep, they play automatically.

More often than not, yes.

All of the above.

Depends on the video, but I'll watch the whole thing most of the time.

Depends on the content. If it's something unknown to me and the thumbnail seems interesting I'm much more likely to check it out.

Ugh, where to start? Facebook is home to the dredges of humanity. It's a great way to keep in contact with friends and family but when it comes to public comments it gets horrible very fast.

Everything looks good to me! If anything there should be a way to punch people through the internet, so get on that.

No to both.

I don't typically share much, and haven't shared TPR content before. Only a small proportion of my friends are theme park fans so I try and make sure the stuff I post is of interest to everyone.

Probably video because it is the most engaging form of media.

Typically most of it, but sometimes I do skip to the bits of most interest to me. For example if it is a coaster I am familiar with I will normally just watch the POV.

They are important in general as humans are visual creatures and that is what captures people's attention. From a personal POV I like the video thumbnail to be clear so I can tell at a glance what the video is for. I'm not a fan of the 'OMG!!!' captions on TPR thumbnails, but having read Robb's comments I understand why you do it.

I like that it is probably the most versatile platform for sharing content whether it's an individual photo, news story, entire gallery or video, and it's easy to get an overview of comments and opinions whereas some social networks are less intuitive in that respect.

I do not like click bait and people blindly posting sensationalist, inaccurate images about immigration etc etc.

No, I think it's good.

Everything looks good to me! If anything there should be a way to punch people through the internet, so get on that.

This would be the best feature ever.

They do auto-play on both kinds of devices, but without audio.

I do share content when I know the original poster, and can verify the truth of the content.

News stories or photos. And cats. Lots of cats.

Until I get bored. But if I see from the beginning that the video is more than five minutes or so, I turn it off directly.

Don't actually care.

Biggest dislikes are the very strange adds telling that russian women wants to meet me. And game invites. I DON'T WANT TO PLAY FARMVILLE!!! Biggest like is probably hidden/secret groups, that can be used as forums, without having to leave facebook.

More donkeys?

Yes on my desktop, no on my mobile device.

I rarely share content from Facebook pages, but I have shared TPR content a couple times.

I'll share content of any medium, and it is more dependent on the content itself. I only share stuff that I feel would be of significant interest to a majority of my friends, not just a group of them. When it comes to TPR content, it either needs to be related to one of my home parks or a TPR trip/event I participated in for me to share it.

It depends on the video, but usually I'll watch for about a minute and then decide whether to finish it. If it's a lengthy video (over 5 minutes) or one I've seen before I'll stop it immediately. With TPR videos, I usually only watch through the POV section unless it's a ride I really haven't seen before.

Not at all important. I look at the video description when deciding whether or not to watch a video.

I mainly use Facebook to see status updates from friends and other pages that I follow. I also sometimes use the chat feature and occasionally play games. I dislike the way Facebook formats the news feed, as well as the advertisements and suggested pages that always appear in it. I also do not like clickbait posts and will block/unfollow a page that posts this type of content too frequently. To me, the most annoying parts of facebook are being invited to play games (especially ones I've already declined) and the general lack of intelligence in almost every public comment section.

I can't think of anything off-hand. Maybe a little less of the questioning posts, but as long as the comments are monitored to minimize brain cell loss I don't have a problem with those (BTW, TPR does the best job of monitoring comments of any Facebook page I follow).

I dislike people on Facebook, no show no accountable for their actions.

As part of social media, Facebook is also inherently evil and will lead to the downfall of civilization.

I can turn that off?! Wonderful!

No autoplay

Not regularly. I retweet on twitter all the time, but I rarely share others' posts on facebook.

If any, news stories or interesting forum discussions that you sometimes mention on FB

Pretty much just TPR videos, and I usually watch the whole thing. If it's from buzzfeed or upworthy, or has a title along the lines of "she puts eggs in a pan.... you won't believe what happens next", I get angry.

As long as it matches the title, and accurately depicts what I'm about to see, I'm satisfied.

Like: The two levels of interaction.... you can publicly discuss things on a page, and have a private profile for friends.

Dislike: People posting stupid things, bandwagon topics, etc.

I just want nina kleppe to like more things.

And as others have mentioned, you really do stay on top of your comments section, which is great.