TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2019--Be Part of Team TPR!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^You are welcome!

As promised, made my donation to your page, and got ya up over $300! Really cannot wait for you to arrive on Friday!!

I hope all those trying to reach the $75 minimum make it as you only have tonight left for that.

They all did...

Jason, you are the BEST!! Thank you so much for helping out our Team TPR participants as much as you do! Also, as usual, your fundraising total is most impressive!

When do emails typically go out with all of the information we will need?

I can't remember if they send out information emails or not.....but if they do, I wouldn't hold your breath for one before Sunday. I don't want this to sound bad, as I absolutely LOVE this event and the organization it supports, but to be honest, I feel like the new coordinator for this event is just on "auto-pilot" with things, and not very interested in responding to questions or communicating in general. Last year I chalked it up to the transition of taking things over, but this year is more of the same. We truly were spoiled by the phenomenal work that the previous coordinator (Kara) did.....she was even active on the boards here to keep everyone motivated and share some insight into what kind of great things happen down there. Just my 2 cents I guess.

^ thats awesome!

When do emails typically go out with all of the information we will need?

For Kings Dominion, the main thing is to show up at the main gate between 8:15 and 9:00 am to register and get your stuff. They usually have a briefing before the ERT begins.

We'll know for sure on Sunday morning.

We will be there then for sure. It says our Dominator time is from 9-10, the park doesn't open until 10:30. Do you think we will be able to head back to Volcano to line up ahead of time with that half hour between or do you think we will have to get lined up for the running of the bulls like everyone else?

I agree with Nick, I had emailed some questions, and never got a response. I guess working at a gym, I feel like you should be responding to questions. I also think another email about the noon deadline for today would have been nice, as I actually forgot about that until I saw that last night.

But if these are the only minor issues I have, then so be it. Still no matter what it is a fantastic event, and the parks always put on a great event. This is my 4th year coasting, and my 3rd different park. (eventually my goal is to participate at every CF park )

I always find it amazing that Team TPR goes above and beyond year after year.

I can't remember if they send out information emails or not.....but if they do, I wouldn't hold your breath for one before Sunday. I don't want this to sound bad, as I absolutely LOVE this event and the organization it supports, but to be honest, I feel like the new coordinator for this event is just on "auto-pilot" with things, and not very interested in responding to questions or communicating in general. Last year I chalked it up to the transition of taking things over, but this year is more of the same. We truly were spoiled by the phenomenal work that the previous coordinator (Kara) did.....she was even active on the boards here to keep everyone motivated and share some insight into what kind of great things happen down there. Just my 2 cents I guess.

I have had zero communication with GKTW since the initial email I received saying our team pages were created. Kara did a great job with the event and took a personal vested interest to be in constant communication with all the clubs involved, so those are big shoes to fill, but I agree, I feel like this event is mostly on auto-pilot lately as far as GKTW's coordinator goes, but that doesn't stop our awesome group from kicking ass raising lots of money!

Edited by robbalvey

Hey all, I'm trying to get closer to my goal and was lucky enough to have an extra paycheck for the month of May. The next 10 people who donate $10 to my page, I'll return the favor for you! I appreciate the help!

Hey all, I'm trying to get closer to my goal and was lucky enough to have an extra paycheck for the month of May. The next 10 people who donate $10 to my page, I'll return the favor for you! I appreciate the help!

Sure, glad to help!

Sure, glad to help!

Thank you very much!

8 more left!

Done! Go Team TPR!

Thank you! 3/10, come get your money!!

An update for Team TPR, TPR is leading donations at 5 of the parks! Way to go guys!

^ Yep, that's pretty awesome that we are the top fundraising team at 5 of the 9 parks where Team TPR is represented!! And for 2 others, we are 2nd! Fantastic job, everyone, as we count down the final fundraising days!

The Cedar Point Team TPR is close to another milestone, as we are now just $37 away from raising $5,000 for GKTW!! Awesome stuff.

Someone new has surged way ahead into the top fundraiser spot there, over $1K ahead of my pace.....so, I've shifted focus to hopefully grab the 2nd place fundraising spot for Team TPR!! I'm pushing out some last emails/messages to some of my typical procrastinators, so we'll see what happens.....$168 to go (currently) for 2nd at CP! I love this last frantic week of fundraising and donations, as the total that goes to GKTW seems to balloon pretty quickly! Here's hoping for another year where the overall total by all participants reaches 6 figures!!

About 2 and a half days remain before the donating deadline on Friday at Noon (EST).....don't stop now - make those final pushes for last minute donations!!

10 dollars coming your way.

10 dollars coming your way.

Thank you very much! 4/10!

Sounds like a generous plan to me....I like it! Donation made.....and I kicked in an extra 5 bucks to get you to an even $200! Good luck these last few days, and I will see you at the Point on Sunday!

Some important info for everyone attending the event this weekend - We will want to cover the even and "Live Tweet" from as many parks as possible that Team TPR is participating at. We are looking for photos of our team having fun, sitting in the trains, hanging out, pictures of the park, the coasters, etc. Just overall take us on a journey through your day having a good time at the event!

To send us photos, please send them to us via Facebook or Twitter. You can tweet photos @themeparkreview and then I can retweet them, quote them, or re-post them. You can go to the TPR Facebook page and click "message" and send us a message with a photo attached. You can also email them me at robblavey@themeparkreview.com however that doesn't always work best, but it is an option.

again, please put these in your phone NOW and keep us updated as the event is underway.

Thank you!

Sounds like a generous plan to me....I like it! Donation made.....and I kicked in an extra 5 bucks to get you to an even $200! Good luck these last few days, and I will see you at the Point on Sunday!

Thank you! See you there, I'm looking forward to the event!

Some important info for everyone attending the event this weekend - We will want to cover the even and "Live Tweet" from as many parks as possible that Team TPR is participating at. We are looking for photos of our team having fun, sitting in the trains, hanging out, pictures of the park, the coasters, etc. Just overall take us on a journey through your day having a good time at the event!

To send us photos, please send them to us via Facebook or Twitter. You can tweet photos @themeparkreview and then I can retweet them, quote them, or re-post them. You can go to the TPR Facebook page and click "message" and send us a message with a photo attached. You can also email them me at robblavey@themeparkreview.com however that doesn't always work best, but it is an option.

again, please put these in your phone NOW and keep us updated as the event is underway.

Thank you!

Will do!