TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2019--Be Part of Team TPR!

It's match time again! Any Coasting for Kids participant who donates $5.00 to me will get same in return--until April 22, 2015 at 12:01 am!

One lucky donor, chosen at random, will get $10.00!

Go Team TPR!

Since you set the deadline for on my birthday, I figured it was only fitting to send 5 bucks your way to support our awesome cause!!

Also, I want to send a big THANKS out to you guys who have been keeping me updated via our thread here when parks are releasing their schedules! That is very appreciated.....I will get that info updated on the first post of the thread ASAP!!

Some fun and interesting changes in some of the itineraries. Loving the variety at CP, including that early morning hour on Millennium!! I'm a little curious as to why KD made their event so incredibly short this year. Any insight from the locals?

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was running a little late this year, but I am now officially signed up on the Kings Island Team! If anyone would like to help me get caught up, it would be greatly appreciated.

Chuck, $5 is headed your way. Thanks for the continued generosity.

Alright, the first post is now updated to include all posted itineraries from the parks that have released the info! The only ones left to release their itinerary are CGA, Canada's Wonderland, and Valleyfair. Later tonight (hopefully), I will update the team rosters (as I know there have been some new additions) and run our latest fundraising totals.

Also, very nice to see Chuck getting such a good response to his very generous offer! Thanks, Chuck!

Finally, please don't forget to setup your snazzy and slick Custom Signature Banner!! Details on how to set them up, along with the 4 choices, are in the first post.

My thanks to all those Coasting for Kids participants that took me up on my matching offer. I'll be responding in kind tonight--and choosing the lucky rider who gets double his or her donation back!

First, I'd like to thank all those who took me up on my offer and kicked in at least $5.00.

Second, . . . suckers! I'm outta here! It's all mine! Mine, I tell you!

Third, just kidding. After using a most scientific method of placing the names in my old Give Kids the World hat and mixing them all up, I've picked a winner of the $10.00 donation at random.

Drum roll, please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itAOGRiYRLI

And the winner is . . .

Jeremiah Smallwood!

Congratulations! But you're all going to get at least $5.00 tonight!

Thank you!

Today might be my birthday, but I'm looking to GIVE a gift - a matching gift, that is! The first Team TPR participant to donate $25 to my page and get me to 700 bucks will get a matching $25 donation from me in return! Just click on that handy link in my signature below! So, who's it gonna be?? Ready?? GO!

In other news, I've updated the first post to reflect all the new Team TPR members on our roster! Links are now there for everyone's fundraising page, with screen names for the ones I know or could figure out. If you know of screen names for any others, let me know and I'll add it! We had a big surge of new teammates at a couple parks, and Team TPR is now up to 51 Coasting for Kids participants!! That's just fantastic!

That said, we still need riders for Michigan's Adventure and Worlds of Fun! Calling locals of Michigan's Adventure and Worlds of Fun: WE NEED YOUR HELP!! PLEASE join Team TPR and sign up to go Coasting for Kids!! Help us in support of GKTW and their wonderful mission!!

I also ran our latest totals, and without further ado, here we go! Team TPR had a HUGE surge recently, and we've now raised an AMAZING $10,355 for GKTW!!! Absolutely tremendous work so far, everyone!! Let's keep it going for these wonderful kids that deserve our support! Way to go, Team TPR!!

Well I'm a bit late to the signing up party , but I've finally registered for my third year. I've decided to stray away from Kings Dominion and try out Carowinds!

My page is here: support.gktw.org/site/TR/CoastingForKids/General?px=1020285&pg=personal&fr_id=1370

I'll go ahead and match the first $25 to my page to try to get started...

Carowinds?

But I gave you some money, anyway.

Well I'm a bit late to the signing up party , but I've finally registered for my third year. I've decided to stray away from Kings Dominion and try out Carowinds!

My page is here: support.gktw.org/site/TR/CoastingForKids/General?px=1020285&pg=personal&fr_id=1370

I'll go ahead and match the first $25 to my page to try to get started...

Carowinds?

But I gave you some money, anyway.

Thanks Chuck! I'll miss coasting with you- I've also thrown money some your way as well, so no need have Angus warm up any fully armed and operational battle stations ^_^

Alright, I'm going to dig into my archive of pictures for a few quick contests between now and the event. I'll start with one from the 2013 TPR US tour -- my first ever with the group!

It's pretty simple -- name the park and the coaster, get $20 for your Coasting for Kids efforts.

Go!

Happy Monday, Team TPR members! In previous years, TPR member Kara had worked with GKTW and poured her heart and soul into that wonderful place. In particular, she was very passionate about this event, as she was the main contact/coordinator for it. She has moved on to even better things, but I always felt like she shared some amazing stories on here about some of the magic that happens at GKTW every day. In honor of her tremendous work and dedication to making Coasting for Kids the best event it could be each year, I'd like to revisit some of her touching posts and stories. Folks, THIS is why we do this each year and are so passionate about the cause. These stories go to show what kind of impact your fundraising can make! Keep at it, Team TPR, so we can make the biggest impact yet!!

First up is this touching letter Kara shared from a family who stayed there.....

I am over the moon excited to see what TPR members are capable of this year! I'll again be posting in here as frequently as I am able to share more about GKTW's impact and answer any questions about the event. Whether you're participating, donating or cheering on your fellow riders-- thank you to this awesome community for having a heart for this event.

Today I'm going to kick things off with a family letter. Be warned it's pretty emotional, but our story is best told in the words of the families we serve:

Our family was changed forever when our beautiful four-year-old daughter was diagnosed with leukemia. Hearing the words, "Your child has cancer," is a moment in time my husband and I will never forget. Our world was flipped upside down and we didn't know if there would ever be something to celebrate again. We were so wrong! There was joy and happiness all around, we just needed to find it again-- and we did, at Give Kids The World.

The Village was like nothing we had ever experienced. Amelia, or Miss Millie as we call her, was the happiest we had ever seen her, which was quite a contrast to how she had felt during the worst of her treatment. We were able to hear her contagious giggle as she spent private one-on-one time with her favorite princess, Belle, while riding the carousel. We watched her get a mischievous, yet darling look on her face as she gobbled up ice cream for breakfast. We were able to witness a complete change in her countenance when she was at the pool splashing around freely and being a kid again.

My family has never felt as overwhelmed by the love of strangers as we did when we were staying at Give Kids The World. We are eternally grateful for what they did for our family and for our sweet Millie.

Just days after Millie finished over two years of chemotherapy, we learned that she had already relapsed. She is currently in the hospital fighting for her life all over again. Words cannot describe how grateful we are as parents, during this frightening time, that we have such wonderful memories to cherish. Give Kids The World treated Millie like the princess she is and we can't wait to come visit and have ice cream for breakfast as soon as she defeats cancer for a second time.

--Amelia's Mom, Utah

C4K_AmeliaStory.jpg.bff9b9a0062670673063addf9dacf434.jpg

Meet Amelia :)