TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2019--Be Part of Team TPR!

Alright, time for a Team TPR update!! I've updated the first post of the thread, and I'm pretty sure the rosters/donation pages for the Team TPR riders are current! We are now up to a very respectable 34 riders across 9 of the parks! Good stuff!

That said, we have 2 parks without any Team TPR riders yet!! So, I'm sending a call out to TPR members who live near Michigan's Adventure and Worlds of Fun......we need Team TPR riders at these parks!!! So come on, don't be shy.....join this wonderful cause and represent TPR at one of these parks!

Also, after updating the rosters and checking the links, I noticed that some of the donation pages are not using the Team TPR Logo (found in the first post). Please use this logo once you sign up! Not only is it super cool, but it shows everyone that you're part of this amazing team of people who are united in support of the wonderful GKTW organization! And for those of you who have invited friends to join (who maybe aren't forum members.....which is fine by the way, and encouraged!), maybe help them out to display their Team TPR logo on their fundraising page.

I'm going to send a message to Robb and a couple of the moderators who have already signed up to participate to see if we can get this topic moved up into the "Stickies" section like in previous years. It helps get traffic into the topic (which in turn can generate some donations) when it's nice and visible at the top of the forum. I also noticed that some of you have gotten creative and done some signatures with links to your pages....and I love that! I'm not much of a wizard with creating some of that stuff, but I am going to try and see if we can generate at least one signature banner for you guys and gals to use like last year. If and when we get one, I'll post in here to let you all know, and then update the instructions listed in the first post for displaying it.

Last but not least, I ran an updated tally on our early progress, and we've climbed steadily into 4-digit territory!! The Team TPR fundraising total now currently stands at $1,877!! GREAT job so far, Team TPR!! Keep those donations coming, and remember to let your friends and family know via email, Facebook, etc. how they can donate to your fundraising cause - remember, every dollar counts!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So where do I want to ride this year?

I've done Dorney twice, and Kings Dominion once. I was thinking Carowinds, but I have plans on visiting there the weekend before C4K, so getting to Charlotte two weekends in a row is a bit tough.

I know I'm participating, I just don't know where yet.

Cedar. Point.

Just saying! Coasting for Kids would feel a little different without my riding partner in fun!

I'll be signing up there very soon....maybe tomorrow. I want to stick to the park closest to home this year, so I'm not far from my new baby girl!

So where do I want to ride this year?

I've done Dorney twice, and Kings Dominion once. I was thinking Carowinds, but I have plans on visiting there the weekend before C4K, so getting to Charlotte two weekends in a row is a bit tough.

I know I'm participating, I just don't know where yet.

Cedar. Point.

Just saying! Coasting for Kids would feel a little different without my riding partner in fun!

I'll be signing up there very soon....maybe tomorrow. I want to stick to the park closest to home this year, so I'm not far from my new baby girl!

Please text me after you sign up. I've been busy with work, that I keep forgetting to sign up. haha.

I had to dig up these 2 videos (I posted them last year as well) that can be found on the Give Kids The World YouTube channel. I'm pretty sure at least one of these was brought to our attention a couple years back by Kara, a friend of TPR who used to coordinate this event when she worked at GKTW. These 2 videos show exactly why we do this. THIS is the reason TPR fully supports Coasting for Kids and the marvelous efforts of GKTW. Once I found them, I watched them again......and they still make me tear up.

Take a a few minutes and check them out. Please support Team TPR - donate, join a team, and spread the word of this wonderful event and cause!! And if you have a fundraising page, I would strongly suggest sharing one (or both!) of these videos with family and friends.....by email, Facebook, whatever. Show your potential donors what they are supporting and where their money goes!

Also, after updating the rosters and checking the links, I noticed that some of the donation pages are not using the Team TPR Logo (found in the first post). Please use this logo once you sign up! Not only is it super cool, but it shows everyone that you're part of this amazing team of people who are united in support of the wonderful GKTW organization! And for those of you who have invited friends to join (who maybe aren't forum members.....which is fine by the way, and encouraged!), maybe help them out to display their Team TPR logo on their fundraising page.

....and done. Team TPR logo added to both mine and my friend Teresa's page.

Glad to see that Joey has signed up and we are not the only TPR people now. See ya in June Joey!

^ Thank you! I appreciate it!!

I'm officially signed up for my 4th year of Coasting For Kids!! Kept it close to home this year and registered at Cedar Point! I cannot wait to see how much I can raise for this amazing cause this year! If anyone is feeling generous and would like to donate to my fundraising efforts, here's the link to my page: http://support.gktw.org/site/TR/CoastingForKids/General?px=1020149&pg=personal&fr_id=1371

Go Team TPR!!!

OK, it's time for my fellow members of Team TPR to put up or . . . well, put up. I pledge that each member of Team TPR who donates $5.00 to my personal page will get the same from me in return!

Here's the catch: This offer expires Monday, March 30, 2015 at midnight (EST).

Who's in? Post in here if you make a donation!

Edited by cfc

OK, it's time for my fellow members of Team TPR to put up or . . . well, put up. I pledge that each member of Team TPR who donates $5.00 to my personal page will get the same from me in return!

Here's the catch: This offer expires Monday, March 30, 2015 at midnight (EST).

A reminder to Team TPR members--this offer expires at midnight, EST!

Edited by cfc

Here's the catch: This offer expires Monday, May 30, 2015 at midnight (EST).

I'm assuming you mean MARCH 30th, not MAY 30th. Looks like you need a new proofreader.

Here's the catch: This offer expires Monday, March (NOT May 30), 2015 at midnight (EST).

I'm assuming you mean MARCH 30th, not MAY 30th. Looks like you need a new proofreader.

D'oh! March 30th it is.

Although there may be other opportunities to get my money by May 30.

Edited by cfc

This is my post in response to the Funday email.

I will have some kind of change to my plans involving Coasting for Kids coming up sometime soon. I will for sure still make it though.

I saw that Worlds of Fun posted the event schedule on their website (Not Coasting for Kids website, the event page on Worlds of Fun website)

Worlds of Fun Schedule:

• 8:30 - 9:15 am - Check in at WORLDS of Fun front gate

• 9:30 - 10:30 am - Worlds of Fun ERT on Detonator

• 11 am - 1 pm - Ride MAMBA

• 1 - 2 pm - Lunch, awards, prizes, shenanigans, Haunt plans update

• 2 - 4 pm - Ride PROWLER

• 4 - 5 pm - Ride PATRIOT