TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2019--Be Part of Team TPR!

Okay so i just realize my wife and i will be at Kings Dominion for our first visit the day this is happening. i raised a good amount of money for Scream for a kid again event with the opening of Banshee but have never done Coasting for kids. what i would like to know is do we have an itinerary we have to follow during the event or can we kind of go off and do our own thing?

Also do i have to be a clubtpr member to be a part of a team on here? i read through the info so if it is there i missed it

In answer to your second question, no, you don't have to be a Club TPR member to be a part of Team TPR for Coasting for Kids. As the first post states, you just click on the link for whatever park you want to participate, then register under Team TPR (once you click on the park link, you would just select "Click here to join an existing team").

Now I will give you my humble opinion on your first inquiry. Each of the Cedar Fair parks will gradually release itineraries for their Coasting for Kids event, with info on the hours of the "marathon", the ride(s) that are used, and other details such as registration, meals, prizes, etc. The general rule of thumb is to follow the itinerary as a participant of the event. In my past few years of supporting this wonderful cause, I've seen a few folks "do their own thing" after just a few laps in the morning at the beginning of the event. Just my 2 cents, but to me that totally misses the point of what this event is all about. We are at these parks representing TPR in support of an amazing charity and cause in Give Kids The World. We need to be visible to the public, and help raise awareness of what GKTW does and what they are all about. It's not really about riding what we want or what our favorite coasters at that park are. Sometimes the coaster(s) selected may not be our favorites or the smoothest in the world or whatever, but I often think to myself that some minor discomfort on a coaster is nothing compared to what these children that GKTW serves have to endure every single day. These are kids with often life-threatening illnesses.

Now, that said, you will certainly have a BLAST doing this event, as it is a lot of fun!! Some of my fondest memories with this event are making new friendships and hanging out pushing ourselves to marathon a ride as much as we can. Breaks are certainly encouraged, and I myself take more the older I get. But usually even during this time I'll hang around the station/exit and cheer on my fellow participants as they ride on! Not to mention, the event typically doesn't run from park open until park close, so you'll have a few hours to do other things once the event concludes. So, I hope you and your wife decide to join up with Team TPR and give this event a try. I promise you that you will not be disappointed!! I hope this answers your questions!

EDIT: I see a few others helped out while I was writing this, and that you joined up! Welcome aboard!! I'll still go ahead and post this though if others have similar questions.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since tomorrow is Friday the 13th, the first 4 people to donate 13 dollars to my page, will get 14 dollars donated to their pages.

In addition, 16 dollars went to Nicole and Victor, go Team TPR.

THANKS

Thank you for the well thought out post. Like I mentioned before I did Scream for a kid again for Banshee it was awesome. I never thought I'd raise as much as I did last time maybe I can do some good here though it's much less time to fund raise

When i signed the wife and i up i accidentally put in the wrong email for her. hopefully i can get some help from gktw to get everything switched to the correct email.

My wife is already to the $75 mark and i'm to $74. Pretty good start for us being 5 days in to raising money.

I have been interested in ready Coasting for Kids trip reports if anyone has done one. I searched but was mainly coming up with the team TPR threads like this.

I'll be doing this @ Dorney with my bro-in-law, first time participating. Very excited. We formed our own team early on (link in my signature) before I saw you guys post up here about TPR teams, but we're definitely hoping to meet some other forum nerds that day and make a few friends!

Anyways, I just saw Dorney posted on their site (not the official Coasting for Kids site) their schedule/itinerary and thought I'd share here for anyone else who will be at the park.

My wife is already to the $75 mark and i'm to $74. Pretty good start for us being 5 days in to raising money.

I have been interested in ready Coasting for Kids trip reports if anyone has done one. I searched but was mainly coming up with the team TPR threads like this.

Nice! You two are off to a great start!! If you check out the later pages in the 2014 Coasting for Kids forum topic, there are pictures and I think a write-up/report or two. The pics quite honestly give a good idea of the kind of fun that goes on that day while supporting this awesome cause!

Nice! You two are off to a great start!! If you check out the later pages in the 2014 Coasting for Kids forum topic, there are pictures and I think a write-up/report or two. The pics quite honestly give a good idea of the kind of fun that goes on that day while supporting this awesome cause!

Yeah i just spent the last hour reading through the entire thread. I found some videos and stories i enjoyed.