TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How will Merlin react to Paramount Park?

1.jpg.43b47df4aac984f7735fa103260976c5.jpg

THORPE PARK EXPANTIONS

2.jpg.8b0adea5d5846c9624fa95ef982d9efc.jpg

ALTON TOWERS EXPANTIONS

Heres my predictions -

Alton towers:

(2016-2017)Alton are starting to get alot more limited for space, However i dont see anything being removed coaster wise, Im not sure if the park own the land i have highlighted but i have got a few spaces that the park could expand into. [FIRST SCREENSHOT]

I think with the paramount park they need a new area, As the paramount park is aimed at family's i can see it having some sort of record and opening the same year as the new paramount park. I think it will have some basic family rides with amazing theming. I think they should go for a bit more of a teenage target market that kids still watch, I think the simpsons would do the job. I think this would be best in area 3 behind oblivion, using the submission area as a entrance and having the main entrance in cloud coo coo land. Then repaint up sonic and move that in the area, along with a disco-coaster (doughnut disc yellow track with a homer in the back) I also think the park lacks a 4D cinema, Ice age has good effects but id expect a funfair to have better (bench seats with fans under them and foam machines) So a 4D cinema building all themed as different simpsons buildings. I also think alton need a new thrilling flat ride, and the area should be thrills and family, so id say a s&s swing type or intamin/fabbri/huss/KMG gyro swing would fit well (could have many themes) And some fun family rides like a outdoor waltzer/twister and a dodgems (In follow with thorpe park) and a vekoma family suspended coaster like what fun spot now have. I think the area will also have a zamperla air race 8:4 model with simpson theme, a skate boarding theme would be cool! I think alton will go with 1 main manufacturer for the area use alot of zamperla kids/family rides in the area so they can market it as a family area but have the big rides in still to get teenager market groups in. I think the park would continue to do excellent and make paramount have some good competition, however merlin needs to take a huge step with theming because past paramount parks (Kings dominion) Have volcano the blast coaster with good effects and a huge volcano. Kings island had the crypt and the theme on that was beyond disney and univercal. So i think they will add a dark ride in dark forest probably make a path down after 13's entrance.

I know Alton will have something up there sleeve and will have a amazing next few years and stay the best UK Theme park, So im not worried.

(2018+)But i dont see a 4D B&M, it wouldn't fit the park at all, If they go to B&M it will be a wing coaster and will probably just be a good ride like the swarm. However i dont think they will get a wing coaster because there next ride needs to be a massive gimmick to cram newspapers and radios to stop the paramount park getting 100% publicity and attention.

Thorpe Park:

(2016-2018)Thorpe has started with a popular TV show maze, I also think they will add a rollercoaster in the park soon (Would love a flying coaster over the lake) But 70% of me says they wont. Merlin will invest into the UK parks for the next few years and they have supplied there 2 main themeparks outside the UK with a B&M. I think Thorpe will add somthing big the year before paramount park opens on time however i think they might make a massive publisity stunt by making it look late (like the smiler but a fake version) to hit headlines when the paramount park is announcing opening dates. I think this ride will be heavily teased by the park for a long time and in the areas

I think space 1 could be a RMC record breaking woodie or a B&M hyper coaster with a inversion.

Space 2+2* would be the flying coaster over the lake what i doubt wont happen

space 3 would be the dive coaster, With a 215+ drop into a batwing/cobra roll into a splashdown to a double airtime hill and a helix then a good heartline roll to breaks indoor with some theming with a popular brand (I think the saw theme worked well for a while and is still talked about so i can see them going for a horror theme.)

Chessington:

(2017-2018) I think they will add a children area like alton towers did, Not sure what theme they are going for but id like to see a theme for both boys and girls, This should open the same year as the opening year for the new paramount park and could be expanded the year after.

Legoland:

(2016-2018)Minecraft themed land would be amazing, and minecraft lego is getting very popular, 4D Cinema about fighting the ender dragon would be cool using the soaring system, however i think this could be out of budget so i think it might be a normal 4D cinema.

If you have any different ideas please share them, I am looking forward to reading them, I dont think any or many of them will happen but they are what i would do if i had the leading UK entertainment group and a new brand was threatening the role the group.

Edited by David0069151

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images