TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Planet Coaster (PLC) Discussion Thread

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got multiple trains running on one of my coasters in my park. Good thing too... this queue tho... lol

(I apologize for the poor quality. I had taken this picture with my phone to show someone lol)

This coaster is running four cars with two typically out on the course at once.

IMG_0336.thumb.JPG.3cad8bcaef6d2e26e95badbc19ab8ac7.JPG

I am just curious when we might start seeing multi-train operations and maybe dual stations even.

Multi-train, is confirmed for this alpha.

Are those transfer/ storage tracks?? Do they work? That would be amazing

No, just the brakes leading to the station. Here's its state as of now.

20160901220106_1.thumb.jpg.0203c2a787947bd27ca1df4923bf9887.jpg

Alpha 3.4 was rolled out yesterday.

Hi everyone,

The Planet Coaster development team have been hard at work and we’re pleased to be releasing another post-Alpha 3 update today. This is aimed at addressing a number of stability fixes as well as making a few adjustments based on your feedback, so thank you for continuously sending us your thoughts! The update is due to go live at roughly 15:00 BST [uPDATE: there has been a slight delay on the update, we will let you know once it's ready to go live].

The first of these changes are the coaster height restrictions. Planet Coaster are proud to create rides and coasters which are fundamentally grounded in realism. However, after looking at the discussions within the community and the Alpha feedback forums, there was a large number of people who wanted to take their creations above and beyond the limits of a real-life coaster. We thought this was a cool idea and are now removing those restrictions to allow you the freedom between building a real-life style coaster for your park or creating something extra special; the choice is yours! You can see an example of the changes in the screenshot below.

Another area seeing a change in this update are large/joined pathing areas. Previously with large pathing spaces, there would be small circles left across those paths. With this change these will no longer be a problem. People will be able to make plaza-like areas with flat and complete pathing from edge to edge.

All the details of the update, including the addition of a curved friction wheel lift to the Junior Coaster and a curved chain lift to the Anubis Hypercoaster are detailed in the update notes below.

· Track height restrictions have been removed. Allowing more creativity in building coasters.

· Added curved friction wheel lift to the Junior Coaster and a curved chain lift to the Anubis Hypercoaster. This change has been inspired by the Jetline and Knight coasters researched by our forums.

· Removed the small circles that appear when you build/connect adjacent paths in align to grid mode. Allows the creation of plaza like areas.

· Various stability and input fixes.

The development team are always taking board your continued Alpha feedback so please do continue to use the forums. The team are hard at work on the next major milestone for Planet Coaster and we can’t wait to share the details with you all closer to the November beta. Once again, thank you for joining us for the ride!

I feel really stupid but I can never seem to get my priority queue to work. I connect it up at the start of the queue with the entrance and put it right at the end for the exit, give it highest priority and yet even with a full queue I've never seen a guest go down it.

I feel really stupid but I can never seem to get my priority queue to work. I connect it up at the start of the queue with the entrance and put it right at the end for the exit, give it highest priority and yet even with a full queue I've never seen a guest go down it.

Did you place an information kiosk close by so guests can buy priority passes?

Well it was a tiny park where I just wanted to experiment so I put one down next to the coaster entrance with an ATM but they still seem to blank the other priority passes for the two flat rides just a tiny bit down the path, seems a bit overkill to have 3 information kiosks if that's what I need.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...