TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Planet Coaster (PLC) Discussion Thread

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can also reveal today that Alpha 3 will release on August 23 - we’re really excited to share development progress with you! Another benefit of announcing Steam integration early is that the community features that debut in Planet Coaster’s Alpha 3 build on Steamworks functionality, so we can prioritize and test the Steam support as early as possible.

Although Alpha will not be available to buy through Steam, if you are an Alpha player you will need to have a Steam account to access Alpha 3. This is because we are adding Steamworks at this stage in development. We will contact you shortly nearer the time with details on how to redeem your free Steam key.

Finally, we wanted to let you know that we are going to be closing Alpha to new players on August 25. Current Alpha players or those who upgrade or order before that date will continue to be able to play the Alpha until just before Beta (dates to be announced in due course), and we will continue to support the Alpha until that time.

Hmm, I remember people not being too happy with Theme Park Studio when it was revealed that you would need steam to play it. I'm not sure about that bit about Alpha players only being able to play until the beta. I was under the impression that buying the early bird package meant you could play the alphas right up until final release.

Hello coaster creators!

As we prepare to move to the next phase of development, Alpha 3, we have some important news concerning the Steam Store.

A quick recap: on August 23, 2016, the Planet Coaster Alpha 3 will officially be released. As of Alpha 3, Planet Coaster will require Steam to run, meaning you need a (free) Steam account to be able to play the game.

On August 25, 2016, Alpha will be closing to new players; current players or those who upgrade before this date will be able to play all the way through to Beta and release.

As of August 25, the following products will be removed from the Frontier Store:

• Planet Coaster: Early Bird Alpha Edition

• Planet Coaster: Coaster Head Edition

• Planet Coaster: Deluxe Edition

• Planet Coaster: Early Bird Upgrade

• Coaster Head Club Upgrade

• Planet Coaster In-game VIP Single Ticket

• Planet Coaster In-game VIP Group Ticket

• Planet Coaster In-game VIP Staff Pass

• Planet Coaster Foundation Stone

The Frontier and Steam store will then have the following products available until release:

Planet Coaster £26.99/€33.99/$40.99

Planet Coaster: Thrillseeker Edition £29.99/€37.99/$44.99 – this version includes an in-game Golden Hat for your avatar, a Gold King Coaster mascot, a digital sketchbook, the Planet Coaster Official Soundtrack and access to the Planet Coaster beta.

Please note that these new editions do NOT give you access to Alpha and this can only be purchase by getting the Early Bird edition of the game before 25 August.

Anyone who has already purchased Early Bird Alpha, Coaster Head Edition, and Deluxe Edition of Planet Coaster will be given ALL the extras of the Thrillseeker Edition including Beta access, as a thank you for your continued support and feedback during the development of Planet Coaster. So with the current lower price of pre-order until the 25 August it’s the perfect time to pre-order or join the other Early Birds in Alpha now.

https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/8984-Moving-into-Alpha-3-Steam-Store-Update

Seems like the the standard price for the game will be 41$. Unless they do up this again at launch, since it is still essentially a pre-order now.

Planet Coaster: Thrillseeker Edition £29.99/€37.99/$44.99 – this version includes an in-game Golden Hat for your avatar, a Gold King Coaster mascot, a digital sketchbook, the Planet Coaster Official Soundtrack and access to the Planet Coaster beta.

Anyone who has already purchased Early Bird Alpha, Coaster Head Edition, and Deluxe Edition of Planet Coaster will be given ALL the extras of the Thrillseeker Edition including Beta access, as a thank you for your continued support and feedback during the development of Planet Coaster.

That's quite nice! Looking forward to the Steam shift, as I had been having some issues with their standalone launcher.

As Fdev is ramping up for Gamescom, two new things..a new dev diary for sound..

Some new stuff shown in the video btw..

3:06 - Western Ride Entrance Theme

3:24 - Water, Potential bridge set, Castle scenery

3:25 - Janitors, bins, benches, building textures, new flowers

3:27 - New ride sign?

3:29 -closer look at bench, flower bed

4:38 - Giant Frisbee ride

4:53 - Gerstlauer Sky Fly

5:54 - Fairy tale theme

6:14 - Tea Cups

6:25 Top Spin at the background

and...a release date.

umOkAev.png

https://twitter.com/michaelgapper/status/765864135133425666

So I need some assistance guys. No matter how hard I try, how much time I spend, or how closely I look... I can NOT for the life of me get my coasters smoothed out! I use the smooth tool, but I just can't get it. What am I doing wrong? lol What's the trick? I see other people have really nice smooth coasters. How are people achieving this!?

Thanks

I love that the reference audio was recorded at Holiday World. Seems like a perfect fit for the tone of the game. Since they are a British developer, I'm interested to know how they ended up at HW over somewhere like Alton Towers.

I love that the reference audio was recorded at Holiday World. Seems like a perfect fit for the tone of the game. Since they are a British developer, I'm interested to know how they ended up at HW over somewhere like Alton Towers.

I don't have any idea whether this might be relevant, but frontier wants to do two things after PC. A big PC expansion with water content, and a new safari game.

Read this. https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/3647-Planet-Safari-next-up?highlight=

If true, they might have used Holiday World for pre-production work too.